American Idol

retro1983hat

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 08:13 PM)
I saw them with his johnson blurred. If they are indeed her, Idol will have something to think about. If they are indeed wanting to keep a family image, they may have to get rid of her.

Didn't they get rid of a contestant who had some topless pictures of her floating around. This sounds waaaaaay more extremem than that.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 10:39 AM)
Didn't they get rid of a contestant who had some topless pictures of her floating around. This sounds waaaaaay more extremem than that.

They did about 4 years ago. From what I read, she had told them about the pictures beforehand and they let her go on, which made some believe that possibly a sponsor objected and caused Idol producers to change their tune. This was before Idol had taken off into the phenomenon that it now is.

Who knows how they will handle things now? I guess we shall see soon.

If they leave her in, I'm going to vote for her now. LOL

Last night the boys were better than last week.

Big curly haired Chris was pretty good, but boy did he out kick his coverage with his wife.

Big bearded Sundance guy was also good, singing a blues song.

Personally, I liked the Beatbox dude. I think he is pretty original.

The other guy that was pretty good was the Justin Timberlake kid towards the end.

Please, please, please send home Sanjaya. But I think he is going to get a ton of votes.

It will be a crime if Sanjaya stays. He is easily the worst and was TERRIBLE last night. I'd like to see Sundance stick around for a few more weeks to see what he can really do.

I could see Nick get voted off this week. He kinds of blends in.

In general the guys were much better last night.

Last night the girls sang:

Gina from Naperville was just OK, but why is a supposed rocker chick dressed like she is going to her spring formal? She should be safe, but it's dangerous to go first in a 90-minute show.

Leslie from Chicago (originally St. Charles) was also just OK. She is forgetable and might be in trouble.

Lakisha and Stephanie were both very good, but although everyone loved the Melinda girl, she looks 40 and seems like she should be a librarian. She needs to kick up the star power.

The second girl, Alaina I think, to sing was horrendous. She should be going home.

As for nude pic hottie Antonella, I bet she gets a ton of votes. I bet she is safe.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 08:33 AM)
Last night the girls sang:

Gina from Naperville was just OK, but why is a supposed rocker chick dressed like she is going to her spring formal? She should be safe, but it's dangerous to go first in a 90-minute show.

boy, that's the first thing I thought too. I think her best shot at going far is playing up the rocker image, both in looks and song selection. This is what Simon was trying to point out.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 01:20 PM)
boy, that's the first thing I thought too. I think her best shot at going far is playing up the rocker image, both in looks and song selection. This is what Simon was trying to point out.

That Dial Idol site said Gina, Leslie and Stephanie are all in trouble - FWIW.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 08:10 PM)
Wow. That vote for the worst site is pretty dang powerful!

Oh yeah...and Pickler still sucks!

Pickler always sucked. But did anyone else notice anything about her rack? It seems like she either went through puberty or she got some excellent work done.

:wub:

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 09:23 PM)
Pickler always sucked. But did anyone else notice anything about her rack? It seems like she either went through puberty or she got some excellent work done.

How about Ryan asking her twice if she spent her money on anything since the show and it flying right over her head? I couldn't believe he asked her. I was almost expecting her to say "my boobs!"

She looked 10 years older and that dress (other than flashing her new tits) did nothing for her.

Other notes:

Speaking of large breasts, I taped the Tyra Banks Show the other night when Katharine McPhee was on it. Katharine said rumors have been floating about her having fake breasts. Tyra asked her if she could feel them to be sure and Kat said go right ahead. So I'm watching Tyra Banks who I have always thought was hot as hell feel up Katharine McPhee. It was only a few seconds, but damn it through some nice images in my head. I'd like to be in the middle of that sandwich! lol

Other than Sinjaya getting to stay, I thought the eliminations tonight were right on. Antonella and Haley could have gone, but I agree with the two girls that went. The guys didn't surprise me at all because I expected Sinjaya to stay even though he is horrible. He got too much early air time to go this soon.

I agree on Gina. To set herself apart, I think she needs to play up the rocker chick angle. She headed in the right direction this week with a Heart song, but the dress did not fit the image at all. Simon was totally right. For her to have a chance against LaKisha, Melinda, Stephanie and even maybe Jordan and Selena, she needs to stand out in some way.

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 03:23 AM)

Want me to spread some gossip (that's true, because I was there in Nashville) about Ms. Kellie? Ugh. I won't. Nevermind.

Ms. Kellie is dating a Nashville Predator (and no, it's not the guy I do the website for), thank God. So, when we were there, she paraded in the family room where all the player's family hang out, like she owned the place. Pluuuuhease. But beyond that, Ms. Kellie is getting quite the reputation around Nashville. Too much freedom, I guess.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 11:23 PM)
I agree on Gina. To set herself apart, I think she needs to play up the rocker chick angle. She headed in the right direction this week with a Heart song, but the dress did not fit the image at all. Simon was totally right. For her to have a chance against LaKisha, Melinda, Stephanie and even maybe Jordan and Selena, she needs to stand out in some way.

Granted, it was a Heart song from their most commercial Pop era, and not from the full on Rock era that they were and are most loved for. Hell, I don't even think Heart does those songs anymore. I know they hate them all.

What the heck is this Catfight band like? Are they a REAL Rock band, or are they crap? I just always question these "Rockers" who find their way to the Idol set. Talk about selling your soul to the Devil.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 07:44 AM)
Granted, it was a Heart song from their most commercial Pop era, and not from the full on Rock era that they were and are most loved for. Hell, I don't even think Heart does those songs anymore. I know they hate them all.

What the heck is this Catfight band like? Are they a REAL Rock band, or are they crap? I just always question these "Rockers" who find their way to the Idol set. Talk about selling your soul to the Devil.

Catfight is a pretty good girl cover band. They sing 80s & 90s rock. They're pretty good.

Gina was bawling last night because Leslie from Chicago, who is her room mate at wherever they stay in California for American Idol. Did anyone see where Leslie at the very end said, "why did I scat?" and "America doesn't like jazz."

The other girl that got booted was so overcome she stopped singing. AI really needs to do away with the whole, "you're gone, now here's a mic and sing right as you've been crushed."

Sooner or later, someone is going to grab the mic and say, "screw you American Idol."

Please, please, please stop voting for Sanjaya. It's embarrassing for him. He is basically going to get ripped every week.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 08:36 AM)
Catfight is a pretty good girl cover band. They sing 80s & 90s rock. They're pretty good.

Gina was bawling last night because Leslie from Chicago, who is her room mate at wherever they stay in California for American Idol. Did anyone see where Leslie at the very end said, "why did I scat?" and "America doesn't like jazz."

The other girl that got booted was so overcome she stopped singing. AI really needs to do away with the whole, "you're gone, now here's a mic and sing right as you've been crushed."

Sooner or later, someone is going to grab the mic and say, "screw you American Idol."

Please, please, please stop voting for Sanjaya. It's embarrassing for him. He is basically going to get ripped every week.

Yeah, I was going to mention the girls encoure preformances. Both were just bizarre, especially the one who just said f*** it, and did whatever the hell she wanted to do. They cut her off and were into commericial QUICK.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 2, 2007 -> 02:36 PM)

Which is exactly why he's going to last well into April.