late spring training trades

Bubba Philips

A lot of this sox talk on the negative side. There could be some very bright spots. Uribe could return about 20lbs lighter.... Joe Crede's back could be good as new.. Our relievers that we sent down may actually have found the strike zone. Sweeney and Anderson may look major league ready.. Konerko, crede Uribe even Contreras could be traded.......

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2007 -> 03:29 PM)
You know, I was just thinking to myself this morning... if only someone would tell me something like this today in it's own thread. I'd be so happy.

I'm actually impressed. Despite the topic name there is nothing in there specifically regarding either spring training or trades. And now I await a "What else are we supposed to talk about?" post.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2007 -> 02:29 PM)
You know, I was just thinking to myself this morning... if only someone would tell me something like this today in it's own thread. I'd be so happy.

Sadly most people here do need this. This board makes me ashamed of my fanaticism lately.

I'm wondering; I didn't start reading these forums until right after the 05' season, so I consider myself a little out of the loop. Has the doom and gloom been this bad every off-season prior to 05 or is part of it brought on from heightened expectations from the World Series. I love the Quentin pick-up and that alone has me excited about 08; and I also believe in Danks and to an extent Floyd; and of course Fields and Richar. Maybe I'm just too optimistic.

QUOTE(ROC Sox Fan @ Dec 17, 2007 -> 09:53 PM)
I'm wondering; I didn't start reading these forums until right after the 05' season, so I consider myself a little out of the loop. Has the doom and gloom been this bad every off-season prior to 05 or is part of it brought on from heightened expectations from the World Series. I love the Quentin pick-up and that alone has me excited about 08; and I also believe in Danks and to an extent Floyd; and of course Fields and Richar. Maybe I'm just too optimistic.
the only reason I started this thread is every day I go to sox talk expecting some trade to take place that is when I realize we have so many "ifs" coming into spring training.

QUOTE(max power @ Dec 17, 2007 -> 03:44 PM)
Sadly most people here do need this. This board makes me ashamed of my fanaticism lately.

^^^^

I just stay out of Pale Hose and go to the other forums. At least there I only get criticized for supporting IU basketball and not for supporting the White Sox and their management.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 18, 2007 -> 12:44 AM)
Weird.

Haha

If you are "optimistic" about this team, as in you believe they are a competing team this year, then that's why you are being criticized. If you are optimistic about the direction the organization is headed, that's a completely different subject all together, and one I start to agree with after not too awful long. They have taken steps in the right direction, but aren't there yet.