SOX @ Oakland, 3:05 PM...CSN/WSCR AM 670

MHizzle85

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 06:25 PM)
This inability to finish a sweep is an embarrassment on par with how we soil our diapers in the metrodome. Yes, I understand winning 2/3 is good enough; but Jesus, what is this, 10/11 times we've won the first two/three games of a series and couldn't win the final one? And I believe we've only swept three, all at home. I wouldn't expect them to sweep all games, obviously. But atleast several more than we've seen.

And while some people may dismiss it as chance (even though we've hardly faced aces in the final game, as this afternoon has shown), I believe there is just something about this roster that allows these moments to occur with frequency. I don't know if it's one player specifically, but there's a definite mindset in that clubhouse. Almost a "well, we won the first two, and everyone knows we'll lose the third, so we'll lose," just as in the Metrodome its "the minute something goes wrong we're going to lose."

This needs to end, immediately. It's really getting to the point where I'm losing interest in this ballclub, even as they are still well within reach of the division lead.

While I agree it's a little disappointing to not sweep games like this that would be huge since Detroit lost, I think we need to relax a little. If we take the first 2 of 3 and play .667 from here on out, we're going to win the division, among other things.

Sweeps are great but I'm perfectly comfortable taking 2 of 3 while on the road.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 08:26 PM)
LOL it really says something about our defense when something like this is mismanaging.

Not sure what's funny about that. Wise is on the roster because of his defense, period. Pods is a TERRIBLE defensive outfielder. Bottom of the 8th with a one run lead is a perfect time for a good manager to substitute a good defensive outfielder for a terrible one. Wise may not have caught that ball but it wouldn't have been as tough a play as the one he made in the perfect game. Pods only value to the team is as a leadoff hitter and he wasn't going to be leading off the ninth.

You sir, are a moron...........

Disappointing loss.

Luckily I didn't hear anything about it until now. Sounds like our defense and relief sucked.

I'm disappointed because our team is full of name players and some young studs and Oakland's team is a bunch of no names.

But we did win 2-3 against them on the road in a park we usually really suck.

We better win at least 2-3 from KC.

Thank goodness the Royals won. 3 back in the loss column is not good with that horrid road trip coming soon; four woulda really sucked.