SOX @ Oakland, 3:05 PM...CSN/WSCR AM 670

MHizzle85

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 05:40 PM)
We can't f***ing pitch Thornton in every f***ing game. Somebody else has to step up. I'm glad we wasted all that money on Rios so we have nobody reliable in the bullpen next year.

The fact that his pickup might spell the end of Pods next year has nothing to do with your endless spite and hate for the man. Worry more about your guy wearing his glove on his head more than money that you are not responsible for, for a good player that fills a long term need.

This team isnt going to beat out the Tigers by playing well down the stretch. Neither team is good actually and each team is basically waiting for one team to lose 10 of 15 to win this division. It wont come from one team playing well enough to deserve the title.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 05:44 PM)
The fact that his pickup might spell the end of Pods next year has nothing to do with your endless spite and hate for the man. Worry more about your guy wearing his glove on his head more than money that you are not responsible for, for a good player that fills a long term need.

"My" guy was the only f***ing reason we scored 2 runs today. Though I guess losing 1-0 would be better than losing 3-2 and having a chance to win in your mind.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE (rockren @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 05:42 PM)
Pods fly ball in Left in the 8th should have been caught. The ball hit at the lower base of the wall...he makes Manny look good in Left.

God I hope we don't bring him back next year. He does one thing decently well (get on base), and I highly doubt he hits .298 next year.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 06:45 PM)
"My" guy was the only f***ing reason we scored 2 runs today. Though I guess losing 1-0 would be better than losing 3-2 and having a chance to win in your mind.

The A's don't score two of these runs if "your" guy could take a proper route to a flyball.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 05:43 PM)
If Jenks can't pitch in a tie game, he shouldn't be on the roster.

He usually doesn't pitch in a game like today.

Ozzie did this on a rarity.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)
God I hope we don't bring him back next year. He does one thing decently well (get on base), and I highly doubt he hits .298 next year.

If Thome is out, I hope we keep DHing Pods.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)

Yah, he doesn't drive runs in or anything. He gets on base, he drives runs in, and hits for avg. Without him this year we'd be 7 or8 games out. And the fact that I even have to write this is so ridiculous it's crayz.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 05:47 PM)
He usually doesn't pitch in a game like today.

Ozzie did this on a rarity.

He's a pitcher. If the game goes 15 innings, you can't put him in? That's ridiculous and I stand by my statement. If Bobby Jenks can only pitch in save situations, he shouldn't be on the roster, not with the contract he has.

Pods may have scored to runs, be he may have also cost 2 runs.

Rios almost saved the game backing up Pods 2 different times.

If you didnt notice when Pods missed horribly on the short fly, Rios was there to make the throw to second.

Also when the ball went over Pods head, Rios was there to hold the runner at 2nd.

Maybe look at the career stats of Rios, he hit almost .300 the last 3 seasons. Pods is hitting .300 this year, but your basically comparing a career year of Pods to the worst year of Rios.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 05:49 PM)
Jenks pitched 2 scoreless innings in a tie game vs. Seattle.

I know, but managers usually don't use their closers to pitch in a tie game in the 9th on the road.

They use them when they have to in the 10th, 11th, 12th, and etc.

That 9th inning should have gone to Thornton.