Look who we get to face a bunch of times this year...

Cali

Originally posted by baggio202

deal still worked out in texas' favor..they got to dump 9 million in clayton's contract that we had to pay

As long as Royce is not here and Myette isnt a #1 or #2 starter or cy young winner. I'm happy with it. Royce is gone! Now the only plague left is Todd Ritchie. Nothing ever works right for that guy. Even when he pitches well, no one scores for him. He's a plague.

lol.

if we were a WS contender, then I would still rather have Clayton than Valentin. I'd rather have anybody over Valentin at short. but since we aren't looking at 2003 and Valentin won't be here past 2003, I could handle Valentin for one more year.

of course, this doesn't mean I think the Sox should pick back up Clayton, but between Valentin and Clayton, Clayton is/was better suited for our team.

hell, if we had a lefthanded bat outside of Valentin, and we didn't have young guys in Crede and Jimenez playing around him, I'd still want Clayton.

Originally posted by Molto

lol. 

if we were a WS contender, then I would still rather have Clayton than Valentin.  I'd rather have anybody over Valentin at short.  but since we aren't looking at 2003 and Valentin won't be here past 2003, I could handle Valentin for one more year.

of course, this doesn't mean I think the Sox should pick back up Clayton, but between Valentin and Clayton, Clayton is/was better suited for our team.

hell, if we had a lefthanded bat outside of Valentin, and we didn't have young guys in Crede and Jimenez playing around him, I'd still want Clayton.

They both suck! I hope tim Hummel is ready by next year. Konerko, Hummel, Jiminez, and Crede is not too bad of a defense.

I'm with RPS, screw the two of em.

This was a good deal by the Rangers. Drese is a decent pitcher and Diaz ain't too bad of a catcher. The Tribe got a guy that had tremendous stats and is a bit old, but its not a horrible move for them either. They aren't getting anything special in Aaron Myette though.

Well we all know if it was up to me, we'd probably be screwed on depth in the middle infield cause I'd dump Manos for the sake of dumping him. That would position us with 3 youngsters getting the majority of the time(Hummel, Harris, Jimenez) and then Graffy backing them up.

Originally posted by awesomefan

JASON:  That hurts!!!! Puttin' my Tony on the bench before the season even starts... behind 3 rookies even.

:puke

awesomefan,

He's just seeing it like it is. Graffy will never amount to a full-time starter on this team. He's always gonna play the majority of his time on the bench.

But Tony's one of the more valuable bench players in the league...he could hit .300 and play any position....not only that, but he is good with the timber...he doesn't strike out much.

I remember just seeing him flick the bat out to the ball in a Cubs-Sox game this past year and dump it in right-field, and he eventually ended up on 3B with a triple....it would have been a double had everyone's favorite steroid-shootin' freak not been in RF! :D