a prediction

sec159row2

the sox have a big win streak ahead of them....  and the day after our playoff tix $$ is due,  they go into the tank and finish the season at .500....  of course jerry will keep the $$ and apply it to 2004 tix...  collecting interest the whole way...

THAT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING BILL WIRTZ WOULD COME UP WITH

OH..... HOW SILLY OF ME... NOBODY REALLY BELIEVES THE BLACKHAWKS WOULD MAKE THE PLAYOFFS ANYWAY.

Im gonna say 88-74 and the division winner. Loser in the ALCS.

88-74 will win this division. That means we have to go 30-20 from here on out and to tie the Royals have to go 28-24. I dont think they can do that. No starting pitching. And we can have a big impact on the Royals record from here on out. Nine games left with em. Thats enough to do a lot of damage...

Im gonna say 88-74 and the division winner. Loser in the ALCS.

88-74 will win this division. That means we have to go 30-20 from here on out and to tie the Royals have to go 28-24. I dont think they can do that. No starting pitching. And we can have a big impact on the Royals record from here on out. Nine games left with em. Thats enough to do a lot of damage...

30-20 is .600 ball. That's not that easy to do. Need to beat the Royals and Twins when we play them, the rest will take care of itself.

Part of me thinks that Minnesota will win the Central, the other half thinks the Sox will pull it out. I'm just skeptical because the twins play the Tiggers a ton of times.

Hey Detroit has the Twins number now! They won 1 after losing 16 in a row to them. :D

The real question is: will the Sox win a home playoff game?

I actually like our chances if we don't have home field advantage in a playoff series.  The guys won't be all pressured to perform at home in games 1 and 2.

No ... just games 3, 4 and 5.

We won't have home field early, the way it looks like whoever makes the playoffs out of the central will be playing the Yankees or Seattle. If Seattle or Oakland ends up with the best record we will play them because the wild card is going to be out of the west, so they can't play a team from their own division in the first round. If the Yanks end up with the best record they get the WC, and we open out west, most likely in Seattle.

We won't have home field early, the way it looks like whoever makes the playoffs out of the central will be playing the Yankees or Seattle.  If Seattle or Oakland ends up with the best record we will play them because the wild card is going to be out of the west, so they can't play a team from their own division in the first round.  If the Yanks end up with the best record they get the WC, and we open out west, most likely in Seattle.

I think the wild care will come out of the East... and I hope it's Boston. I want the damn Yankees!

Guest hotsoxchick1
the sox have a big win streak ahead of them....  and the day after our playoff tix $$ is due,  they go into the tank and finish the season at .500....  of course jerry will keep the $$ and apply it to 2004 tix...  collecting interest the whole way...

got news for ya... if we dont make the playoffs and the $$$ is paid up front you get your money back..........no jr with intrest ... no jr with $$$ no nothing, if we dont playoff............so dont fret over it just yet...........been there done that already............ ;)

While we're making predictions dose JM resign or get fired? Who is the closer for 2004? Youth movement after we can't sign 4 or 5 guys?

1 game back and it will not take 30-20 to win this division. 27-23 will probably take it. None of these teams are that good.