Russ Ortiz available

Jjav829

Originally posted by abozichiu

You guys must be underestimating Russ Ortiz.  Look at his stats, he is much better than Garland or Wright.  Although he might not be worth Lee and Rauch, he is definitely a #2 starter and could develop into a #1 type guy.  Remember, he started some game 1's for San Fran in the playoffs and came up with some great performances.

some nl pit haven't done well in the al. but what is his whip and he didn't do too well in the playoff. but i agree, may be a good #2 or 3 pit.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

ahh shut up ldf lol....:o  murc.. if we did get alomar back he wouldnt be playing over olivo.. espically since olivo is one of kw's kids.....and i actually think if they did bring sandy back he would be only for one year and they would most likely put him in as coaching or something like that... it was mentioned  once before in the begining of last season......of course we had to be rid of his money ......but from who i know of the pitching staff they really did like him alot and missed him when he left.....i think that colorado does have him for one more year though... ill have to recheck  to be sure though.........

oh when are you going to realize that he is a bum

Ortiz has very good stats and knows how to pitch. He'd be an excellent pickup in my opinion, as long as we could get him relatively cheap.

I'd definately give them someone like Ginter and Lee. I want Caballo here though, I really see good things from him.

Last season he went 14-10 with a 3.61 era

Opponents hit .241 off of him and he went 214 innings.

His career era is 4.01 with a 67-44 record.

Shawn Estes is still out their too, although he's close to a deal with the Cubs, according to the score.

Guest hotsoxchick1

ldf dont make me come through this computer and kick your ass........:o olivo is the hottest thing next to the sun.. i cant wait till he makes you eat your words...........lol

I kind of think that this trade is going to turn into Ritchie for Wells.

If Ritchie pitches like I think he can, it won't be too horrible.

I hated the deal when it was made because I loved Kip, but I think Ritchie has some damn good stuff. Too bad stuff ain't everything.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I kind of think that this trade is going to turn into Ritchie for Wells.

If Ritchie pitches like I think he can, it won't be too horrible.

I hated the deal when it was made because I loved Kip, but I think Ritchie has some damn good stuff.  Too bad stuff ain't everything.

here's my thing....... if we don't sign Ritchie and he goes somewhere and wins 15 games...... were gonna feel like a bunch of f**s, because we gave up a couple of pretty decent major league pitchers all for naught.

You can't keep him only because you gave up a lot for him. You keep him because you have confidence in him and you think he can rebound.

If the Sox don't feel that way, then cut him lose.

You can't go around fearing the media will rip you apart for every move, cause hey, most gm's fail plenty of times.

Folks, the thought of obtaining Ortiz with a direct trade to SF has been discussed on this board and we can't do it....Lee is a LFer, fulltime, unless he moved back to 3B or accepted a move to 1B...his arm is too frickin weak for RF and his range is too limited to play CF...it seems a certain San Francisco team has a certain LFer that is pretty good...

Therefore, the only way a trade could be done is with a 3-way deal....maybe Lee and a minor league relief prospect to Toronto....Jose Cruz Jr to San Francisco....and Russ Ortiz to Chicago.

However, I have heard a rumor that JP Ricciardi(or whatever the hell that guy's name is), the Blue Jays GM, showed interest in Ortiz as well....and who do you think he was looking to move? You got 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count.

Originally posted by doubleM23

No support for Mike LaValliere?  Frankly, I'm very surprised.

And disappointed.

:D

we can package lee and some others for one of a young stud pit in the sd farm. russ is nice but not worth a package from the sox. plus i don't think we should get into a bidding war for him.

Originally posted by LDF

we can package lee and some others for one of a young stud pit in the sd farm. russ is nice but not worth a package from the sox. plus i don't think we should get into a bidding war for him.

Oh jeezus....we could kiss atleast 2 future all-stars goodbye...holy s***.

Get Brett Tomko....he's a pretty good pitcher. Give them Lee....Tomko could be a 12-15 game winner with an ERA right around Paul Byrd's. And Lee could contribute to a considerably bad offense.

Only problem, IMO, with that is that we'd be dealing with Kevin Towers....he is a damn good GM too. If we fired KW, that'd be the first guy I'd contact. Billy Beane would cost too much.