CBI

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 16, 2014 -> 09:18 PM)
What he say?

When asked if they were going to the CBI he say, "no we're Indiana."

@DustinDopirak: Glass's response by text when I asked him if IU would participate. "No. We're Indiana."

And then Crean said we'd love to keep playing.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 12:33 AM)
Cool with declining CBI, not cool with Glass being a dick about it.

And I wonder if there's some dissension between Crean and Glass. Certainly possible.

Why would you be cool with declining additional practice time for a young team? It's stupid.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 04:31 AM)
Why would you be cool with declining additional practice time for a young team? It's stupid.

Normally I'd agree with you. But with the way the season ended, especially with rumors of Vonleh holding himself out solely for draft stock and just a general lack of togetherness with this team, I just don't think it would have ended well.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 09:56 AM)
Normally I'd agree with you. But with the way the season ended, especially with rumors of Vonleh holding himself out solely for draft stock and just a general lack of togetherness with this team, I just don't think it would have ended well.

Practice is invaluable with the NCAA rules. Even if they lost the experience gained is worth it unless they are getting rid of the coaching staff. It's even stranger that Crean came out and said he wished they could keep playing.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 09:59 AM)
Practice is invaluable with the NCAA rules. Even if they lost the experience gained is worth it unless they are getting rid of the coaching staff. It's even stranger that Crean came out and said he wished they could keep playing.

I don't deny the experience gained part. I just have this feeling there would have been some awful team implosion that led to more transfers if they kept playing. Probably an overreaction, but honestly the best thing right just seemed to be to write this season off and head to the offseason for a fresh start.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 10:16 AM)
I don't deny the experience gained part. I just have this feeling there would have been some awful team implosion that led to more transfers if they kept playing. Probably an overreaction, but honestly the best thing right just seemed to be to write this season off and head to the offseason for a fresh start.

Something going on there that outsiders must not know. I am just a huge proponent of getting as many sanctioned practices as possible. It really hurt our football team years ago when we couldnt. A few years ago the NIT run by OSU really helped team cohesion and development.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2014 -> 09:19 AM)
Something going on there that outsiders must not know. I am just a huge proponent of getting as many sanctioned practices as possible. It really hurt our football team years ago when we couldnt. A few years ago the NIT run by OSU really helped team cohesion and development.

We thought it was going to be the springboard for Iowa to take that next step...the run to the 2013 NIT title game.

Not quite. In fact, one of the theories being bandied about is post-season play, European tour, Marble and Aaron White playing on an all-star team...actually led to the team wearing down at the end of Big 10 play. Don't buy that excuse, though.

It's also ironic that Baylor won it (NIT) all and looked like they were out of the NCAA's about 6 weeks ago and now they're one of the most dangerous #6 seeds in the tourney. Almost the opposite...

They're going to give Nebraska fits with their athleticism.

Edited by caulfield12