6/20 Games

danman31

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 06:28 PM)
Garrett Johnson, after starting the season strong as a 20 year old, has been in utter meltdown lately.

He sure got his butt handed to him today, didn't he? Brutal.

4 innings; 11 earned runs on 12 hits in the first game of the double-header.

And it looks like the second game has potential to be just as ugly.

Kanny losing 5-2 in the second inning.

Huddy!!!!

So far 4 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K.... He's having a really good debut in Birmingham, hopefully he keeps it up for another 2-3 innings!

I think his timetable has jumped from maybe 2011 from the beginning of the season to maybe even at the beginning of 2010 now.

Also, Viciedo with a homer to tie the game up!

Huddy through 6:

3 H, 1 R (unearned), 1 BB, 6 K, 81 P (54 strikes)... So far, you couldn't have asked for a better debut, and hopefully he keeps it up until he's taken out. Birmingham has also taken the lead thanks to a wild pitch!

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 09:10 PM)
Kewl, Hudson really shined in his debut tonight. Beginning of 2010 sounds rather quick. Maybe AFL after the season and if he does a ST invite. Kid is only 22.

Agreed. He won't be up to start 2010, but he may be in Chicago a year from now.

Ima focus on now the best prospect in our minors IMO (since Beckham is up, and some people who would say Poreda... he's up too) Viciedo. And I know a few here agree with me (I know Jas would say Danks, couple say Flowers etc.)

April: .234/.304/.387/.691

May: .293/.314/.397/.711

June: .301/.350/.466/.816

Increased homers, walks, etc.. every month. I would say he's quickly adjusting.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 10:24 PM)
Ima focus on now the best prospect in our minors IMO (since Beckham is up, and some people who would say Poreda... he's up too) Viciedo. And I know a few here agree with me (I know Jas would say Danks, couple say Flowers etc.)

April: .234/.304/.387/.691

May: .293/.314/.397/.711

June: .301/.350/.466/.816

Increased homers, walks, etc.. every month. I would say he's quickly adjusting.

I agree with you. A lot of people are gonna be saying Hudson the way he's going, but I still love Dayan.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 10:28 PM)
I agree with you. A lot of people are gonna be saying Hudson the way he's going, but I still love Dayan.

I'm saying Hudson. I've been a Huddy Homer for a while, and after a great debut vs. a very good Huntsville team, my homerism is off the charts right now.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 10:36 PM)
I'm saying Hudson. I've been a Huddy Homer for a while, and after a great debut vs. a very good Huntsville team, my homerism is off the charts right now.

What Huntsville teams is that? :D

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 09:11 PM)
Fernando Hernandez mopping up. He has 11 saves but this is not a save situation. JP is he on track for a Charlotte promo??

He certainly deserves one. His fastball has found some new life and he has a nasty knee buckling curveball.

Dayan's homer was opposite field, no doubter off the bat. Got a fist bump from John Ely, he was charting pitches in the stands, so I gave him props on his start last night. Hudson looked good, his fastball touched 98 at one point and was ranging from 92 to 96 consistently. It actually got faster as the game went on. His change was in the mid 80's. He threw something that was in the 70's too, don't know what it is though. One thing that I saw that concerned me, but may be no big deal...his arm motion, which is three quarters, seemed to put a lot of pressure on his elbow. Of course, it may be nothing.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 09:10 PM)
Kewl, Hudson really shined in his debut tonight. Beginning of 2010 sounds rather quick. Maybe AFL after the season and if he does a ST invite. Kid is only 22.

Please keep this kid out of the AFL! That could end up becoming a horrific mistake and there's zero reason for it. None whatsoever. Send the crap pitchers, or your relief prospects, or the guys you're going to try to trade over the winter.

Hudson looked good, his fastball touched 98 at one point and was ranging from 92 to 96 consistently. It actually got faster as the game went on. His change was in the mid 80's. He threw something that was in the 70's too, don't know what it is though.

:o That is very interesting if that's the case. He wasn't throwing that hard at all in college. I thought only his college buddy Dexter had that kind of velocity and stuff (that's why I was higher on Dex than the intangibles of Huddy) I gotta say that changes alot in my eyes.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)
Dayan's homer was opposite field, no doubter off the bat. Got a fist bump from John Ely, he was charting pitches in the stands, so I gave him props on his start last night. Hudson looked good, his fastball touched 98 at one point and was ranging from 92 to 96 consistently. It actually got faster as the game went on. His change was in the mid 80's. He threw something that was in the 70's too, don't know what it is though. One thing that I saw that concerned me, but may be no big deal...his arm motion, which is three quarters, seemed to put a lot of pressure on his elbow. Of course, it may be nothing.

Wow, had no idea Hudson threw that hard. I thought he was low-90's and Dex was the one in the mid-90's.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)
:o That is very interesting if that's the case. He wasn't throwing that hard at all in college. I thought only his college buddy Dexter had that kind of velocity and stuff (that's why I was higher on Dex than the intangibles of Huddy) I gotta say that changes alot in my eyes.

Damn, I just posted the same thing. I read some stuff online about them while they were tearing up rookie ball and I could have sworn it was Hudson that was the suprise, possible #3-4 guy and Dexter Carter was the one to watch out for. Maybe you read whatever I read.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 11:04 PM)

That's great to hear. I knew (or rather heard) that he was getting his fastball up to about 95, but wasn't expecting him to be getting much higher than that. Was the higher velocity fastball his 2 seamer with the life or a 4 seamer without much life that he added? Cause if he was touching 98 and getting up to around 95-96 with the running fastball he has.... damn!