Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
The reality is, it is hard to call people out when your effort can be questioned at times too. All I know is they need to clean this up and it starts with effort and intensity on defense and with boxing out. We also need MDJ back.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 09:34 AM) Exactly. It's going to be fun to watch how this roster evolves under this new administration. Might have a season next year like the Vikings had this year. See some flashes of "hmmmm this could get could" mixed with "I think I'd rather watch RedZone today." The key is, we should be able to see "progress"...vs a consistent oh god, it keeps getting worse.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Presume with Fangio coming on board, it means we will not be spending money on Paea. Can't imagine he's a fit in a 3-4.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 09:24 AM) You guys confused the hell out of me. Is it confirmed to who is coming as DB and DL coach? Or did Laconfora misreport? Nothing confirmed yet.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 09:16 AM) Paul Pasqualoni is an excellent DL coach. Maybe he will stay on. If Hoke stays, it is feasible that Donatell would coach another position under Fangio. Donatell has been a DC before. Yep. He was a DB coach at my college too (Cal State Fullerton) back in 89. That alone makes me like Donatell. Was a pretty good DC I thought (for Packers / Falcons). Or at least was good at generating a pass rush and turnovers (not sure what the PPG were). Pasq is as good coach as is Hoke and Groh. No rumors yet on them (and as I've said, they are the three I'd be ok with staying). Presume you could make Donatell like an assistant DC or something with another position as his focus (to your point). I know Hoke is pretty widely regarded in the league though so would presume their is a shot he heads elsewhere. I figure he'll be a DC one day.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Now lets hire a stud OC like Chud!
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 08:56 AM) La Canfora just confirmed he is coming too Is it confirmed? I just saw where he is expected to join. La Canfora also tweeted last night that he expected them both to join Redskins today.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Dan Pompei @danpompei 29s29 seconds ago Fangio worked with Bears DBs coach Jon Hoke in Houston. Hoke will be part of his third Bears regime if he survives, and he should IMO. Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago Former #49ers secondary coach Ed Donatell is expected to join new #Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio in Chicago, source said.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 08:42 AM) I'm completely fine with him saying something. His teammates know he's mostly a soft spoken guy, if he's pissed off like this then maybe it'll give them a kick in the ass to get going. Don't get me wrong, he's a big part of the problem right now but I'm completely fine with him speaking up for once. Me too.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Would seem like Hoke would be moving on (presumably to Tampa) if Ed Donatel (secondary coach in San Fran) is coming as well.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
The 3 assistants I kind of liked are Pasqu (Dline), Groh (WR), and Hoke (DB). I wonder if they are staying around or not. I know Fox said he hadn't decided on everyone yet and there were a couple guys he had not yet met with.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 08:17 AM) @JasonLaCanfora: I would expect Ed Donatell to be joining Fangio in Chicago as DB coach. They are close and did great work together in San Francisco That would be a good hire.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 06:27 PM) This is not "same s*** all over again". This is a Thibs team that can inexplicably not play defense and is getting outworked every game. I've never seen such a lethargic product from his leadership. f***ing train wreck. Out rebounded by a bazillion. Refs were f***ing terrible too (must have given the Cavs 10 points but still...doens't matter). Get this s*** figured the f*** out. How about we just start our bench and send a message. We play so f***ing selfish on offense. So ugly. We really miss MDJ and his overall ball movement but still awful.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 09:33 AM) I kinda liked that conference. Not as fun as the super technical Emery and initial Trestman conferences, but sounded more like a real football coach. Was fantastic. He is such a no nonsense SOB. Breath of fresh air to have a real life football coach back in Chicago. This guy is going to totally change the atmosphere of the lockerroom.
-
Yoan Moncada signs with Red Sox
QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 10:56 AM) Whoops didn't realize it was just position guys. But he does say that is 15 of the his top 20, maybe Rodon but doubt anyone else from that draft class is above him. Well one of the top 3 pitchers didn't sign (so would be ineligible) and Kolek was a prep arm who had a pretty rough debut, IIRC, who I wouldn't expect to be in the top 20. I presume Rodon would be in his top 20.
-
SoxFest 2015
QUOTE (dynamic_symmetry @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 12:09 PM) I tried signing up for an account at WSI but they banned gmail addresses...wtf. I tried using a non-gmail address and my account is still waiting for approval after several weeks. Luckily it was approved quickly here Welcome aboard!
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
An early win for Pace. Jay GlazerVerified account @JayGlazer Fox said Ryan Pace made all the difference to him in going to that spot. Again, done deal 4 years new Bears head coach
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
I have no problem with Mularkey. Extremely competent OC.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Its been fun y'all. Excited to hear who the assistants will be and when the press conference will be!! If this counts as the new season, than this season has already been funner than last season, haha. My next prediction, 5 yr 35M (might be 30..but I think he gets a little more than that).
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago #Bears are set to hire John Fox as the next coach, source confirms. He’s already making preparations for taking it (as @JasonPhilCole said) Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago #Bears zeroed in on John Fox from the start, but GM Ryan Pace kept his options open until this morning. In talks with Fox now, as ESPN said Adam Jahns @adamjahns 2m2 minutes ago Chicago, IL Team source confirms that negotiations are going on between #Bears and John Fox. At this point, it's fully expected to get done. David Haugh @DavidHaugh 49s49 seconds ago Source confirms Bears, John Fox deep in negotiations to become next head coach and discussions have been on schedule, in positive direction. Jeff Dickerson @ESPNChiBears 8s8 seconds ago 3 good names to consider for Fox's defensive coordinator: Dennis Allen, Mike Nolan & Mike Smith. #Bears JayGlazer Just spoke to John Fox, still trying to hammer out an agreement with Bears. Incredibly excited to get this done
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 08:56 AM) I remember Emery liked Tebow alot coming out too. I don't ever remember reading anything to do with the Bears and Tebow around the draft. Only time Emery ever even was reported to talk about Tebow was when he denied any interest in signing him after he had been released. He talked about how his intangibles were off the charts but that was it. Never said a nice thing about his football skills.
-
Yoan Moncada signs with Red Sox
QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 08:57 AM) I heard a lot of people saying that was a huge reach at the #4 pick and now he's ranked the best prospect in the entire draft class? He's an advanced college bat that feasted on younger competition, SMH. Where did you see he was the best prospect in the draft class? That list didn't include pitchers, which is who went off the board 1 through 3. Basically the 4th pick (1st position player taken) is currently ranked the top position prospect from that draft (where he was also taken as the top position prospect). Production has been strong to date as well. Don't see anything criminal in those actions.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 07:52 AM) Im interested to hear the backstory of the past couple days, what they discussed My guess is they have literally been talking philosophies, roster idea, etc. Really making sure they are 100% comfortable. We heard all about how critical Pace thought the relationship between himself and the head coach is and it takes more than a few hours to decide that. My guess is over the past two days they've done nothing but bond over football and are both getting comfortable with each other. I would think Fox would have wanted to do the same after what happened in Denver too.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 03:31 AM) Alright Pace, s*** or get off the pot. I can't be refreshing this page and Twitter all day. I mean I totally will refresh this s*** all day long, but I shouldnt. I'm happy again. I think it is great that Pace and Fox have literally spent two days getting to know each other, etc. I think that is critical in the hiring process as the relationship between the two will be crucial to the Bears long-term success.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Pace is reportedly in Denver with John Fox. Maybe they are meeting with Adam Gase to convince him to be the OC.