Everything posted by Balta1701
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
Valencia hitting .235, .698 OPS against righties.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
28th pitch makes this Robertson's longest outing of the year.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2015 -> 04:00 PM) He's probably done for tomorrow anyway. Why not? Get the win. Closer can't pitch 3 days in a row?
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
Robertson won't be available tomorrow I presume, I don't like this even if it gets the win.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
Important work by Beckham.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ May 27, 2015 -> 03:52 PM) If I were Robertson I'd ask to go out in the 10th. Why not turn a bad day into a good one right here? If I were Robin Ventura I would not allow him to even if he asked to, particularly with how the wheels came flying off in the 2nd inning last night.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 27, 2015 -> 03:52 PM) So Carroll or Jennings, who do you want closing? I'd assume Jennings is the pick out of those 2?
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 27, 2015 -> 03:51 PM) Yep. Rodon/Noesi take the other spot and neither can pitch today. I am fairly certain. Crud. Example of why I dislike the "6 man rotation".
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
Well there's the lead. Who can close then?
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 27, 2015 -> 03:46 PM) Used 4 bullpen arms already. Just have Jennings and Carroll left. I don't like our chances We only have a 6 man pen right now?
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
Leadoff triples help.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ May 27, 2015 -> 03:46 PM) I didn't see it. I'm assuming he couldn't get bunt down with first and second nobody out? If so that's par for the fundamental course. Correct.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
We have the double header tomorrow don't we. Not exactly the best time for an extra inning/long bullpen game.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
On the bright side, the Jays pen is pretty weak if we can hold here. On the down side, we've used Putnam, Duke, Robertson, and Petricka already.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
I want to know how far that went.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
"YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME" - Chuck Swirsky
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2015 -> 03:37 PM) How does firing Ventura or Hahn fix that? 3 years, $42 million.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
That swing on that 2nd pitch by Cabrera was incredibly bad looking.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
Eaton made that pitch look high to me by kneeling down.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
Well that PA was ineffective.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
Sanchez better know how to bunt.
-
In-season managerial changes a risk, BUT
QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 27, 2015 -> 03:18 PM) Unfortunately firing Ventura probably comes a replacement inside the organization. It will be rinse and repeat. I'm expecting Thome.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
WTF? Russell Martin moves to 2b? WTFityF?
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
Reyes, Donaldson, and Bautista in the 9th against Robertson. Redemption comes fairly quick.
-
White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread
QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2015 -> 03:18 PM) Regardless of the outcome, would have much rather seen Putnam vs Goins I kinda lean towards this matchup.