Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

caulfield12

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by caulfield12

  1. QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:53 PM) Wanna see something fun... turn to ESPN to watch Jose Reyes run the bases as the tying run in extra innings. I love to watch Ray run. Harrelson Oh, for those days. QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:55 PM) and the sox have erstad We have no reason (or at least won't in a month) not to play Jerry Owens everyday in LF, especially with Ozuna likely out for the remainder of the season. In the meantime, we made Ortiz look so good, they might put him back into their starting rotation, although I think Slowey will be the pick.
  2. QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:52 PM) CHAD CORDERO Why would we grossly overpay to get another team's closer when we need offense, speed and youth more than anything? It MIGHT have made sense coming into 2007, or down the stretch in 2006 to replace Jenks when he was hurting, but not now... I have no interest in trading Gio Gonzalez to get Chad Cordero so we can have another overpaid, so-so stuff set-up man.
  3. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:48 PM) Konerko has a great player earlier. Then f***s that one up. Who are we going to try next to replace Dewon Day?
  4. QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:30 PM) gardy don't want to give us any momentum or reason to feel good about ourselves. looking to grind our faces in it. Unlike the White Sox and Manuel, who used Jose Paniagua in late 2003 and lit another fire under that Twins team (they came back to almost win the second game of that series, won the next and then swept us at the HHH)...the Twins just seem to have more of a killer instinct about beating us.
  5. QUOTE(Soxfest @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:12 PM) Masset sucks tonight dam. White Sox will have the worst AL bullpen ERA after this game is over. WOW. Didn't see that one coming about 2-3 weeks ago.
  6. QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:09 PM) I think there was a lot more to that article on mlb.com about the Sox having some issues with Ozzie. Articles like that aren't written for no reason. is this recent? do you have a link? i was out of town and didn't have a computer the last 3 games... QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:11 PM) I don't recall any direct stories linking the Sox to Kendall before the 2005 season (only after we traded Olivo in 2004 there were rumors) and at the time he looked like a solid pickup with his OBP. Hell, Jason Kendall is currently the highest paid player on the Pirates roster. I remember the Greg Miller, Edwin Jackson, Odalis Perez, and Matt Clement kool aid flowing on this board too. Hell, we even had some people supporting Cristian Guzman. :o Who is Greg Miller?
  7. QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:07 PM) Everything fell into place for him during that offseason. The only competition for AJP was Tampa, and neither the Red Sox/Yankees went after Iguchi. As DA always talks about on here, a lot of guys that KW initially wanted went elsewhere and sucked, like Clement and Kendall. And so many trades didn't work out, like Burnett for Contreras and prospects in June of 2005, or Garland/Singleton for Erstad in the offseason, a move ultimately nixed by the Disney Corp.
  8. QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:03 PM) I date it back to the Jay Mariotti incident last June. We were actually playing our best ball around that time of the year, and immediately afterward. I don't think it has anything to do with Mariotti. We've just aged and become an average team over the last 4 months of baseball.
  9. QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:02 PM) chris young a double and a run scored tonight. Chris Young wouldn't be enough for us to win 90 games this year. We'll just have to wait and see what happens in the future, but CY wasn't ready for 2006. We'll see what outfielders he gets to replace Vazquez, Contreras, Garland or Buerhle. Well, I guess it would be worse if you were a Yankees fan now!
  10. QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:01 PM) He didn't walk him, that's where the mistake was. For at least another year. Yeah, I wasn't even listening anymore, I just assumed he would walk Morneau, not Cuddyer. I'm actually more interested in listening to the Royals game, and they've lost 5 games in a row.
  11. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:00 PM) That's be nice. Won't happen, but it'd be nice. And we'll stay ahead of the Royals at least though. New improved White Sox bullpen ERA=5.28 Good for 13th in the AL. Thanks KW, it's been great...but we need a whole new front office.
  12. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:55 PM) Just watching on gameday and I have to ask...intentional walk down by 8 w/ 2 outs? It was 5-1 or 6-1 I think...and they were bypassing Morneau, which was the correct move IMO. If Cintron would actually try out there OR at least have some range, we'd be out of the inning. Jamie Burke run over by Torii Hunter The Piranhas Justin Morneau run over by AJ Pierzynski Two season changing rallies ignited by the White Sox, not to mention Ozzie's contribution last year. Great.
  13. QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:55 PM) Sean Tracey? Well, we know Vazquez won't do it.
  14. QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:51 PM) The guy doing the best job in the White Sox org. tonite is Darrin Jackson. He is disgusted and he is letting it show and rightfully so. Morneau has more homers on Tuesdays (7 including tonight) than most of the Sox have on ALL days of the week. If we get swept tomorrow by Baker, things will start to get interesting with this club. KW and OG have to be PISSED.
  15. QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:49 PM) Quick prediction game: who will end up with a lower ERA this year, Danks or McCarthy? I predict that Cintron will never dive for a ball all season long. Nice...all the wheels are coming off at once. Just the type of embarassing play that will lead to another Ozzie OR KW blow up/frustration explosion for the media's enjoyment.
  16. QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:32 PM) I remember when Jose Valentin used to do that ... and get thrown out 1/3 of the time. I don't miss Jose. According to Hawk, he was the best baserunner in White Sox history.
  17. QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:21 PM) Pre-2005 Crede is back!!! I'm ready to just let them play Owens, Fields, Sweeney and Anderson and see what we have for 2008. If Mack or Cintron are on the team again, I might scream.
  18. QUOTE(29thandPoplar @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:11 PM) Yes. Exactly, even if you have to give up somebody you would not want to. Oh and I also think they learn to pitch inside a whole lot better but I am like you I guess, what do I know. 77 pitches for John here and quite a few he'd like back. Iguchi would have been fine FIVE years ago, but he's aging rapidly and his defense is starting to hurt the White Sox as well. He was actually a pretty decent stolen base threat in Japan and was relatively quick his first season with us, but he's gone downhill steadily since then.
  19. QUOTE(diegotony06 @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:08 PM) Your not giving me any examples. What is so positive about this team right now?? Terrero Erstad Masset Danks (until tonight) some of the Sox hitters SEEM to be coming around, somewhat (LOL) Thome's healthy, I guess 21 pitches, 20 pitches, 30 pitches already
  20. QUOTE(BearSox @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:04 PM) Nope, the first one was against Santana, and he shut us out, I believe. I'm almost positive we lost that one 3-1, it was the Fox Saturday game. Second homer tonight by a lefty. Gardenhire gets great results out of a lefty (Kubel) who hits lefties well....not relying on the traditional/expected Lou Ford/Danks match-up.
  21. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 29, 2007 -> 08:02 PM) Another awesome read from the man who is a better defender than Aaron Rowand. How many times have you played CF in that dome? I saw Torii Hunter misread 15 balls last season in the second half last year (the ankle injury didn't help his closing speed either), and he's played there his entire career. We'll just hope and pray to win one of three and get out of there with any confidence intact.
  22. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2007 -> 07:55 PM) Castillo next year? Too old, doesn't hit lefties any longer (with tonight's blooper the exception), won't get you much more than 20 stolen bases, he's injury-prone on that turf...I just think his body is too beaten down. Essentially, we need the type of players who will be maturing and entering their primes in the next 2-3 seasons, and that's why Castillo, who would have made more sense in 2005 or 2006, wouldn't have much of a future with the White Sox. And that's the second homer by Morneau off Danks, both times creating a 3-1 lead (I think).
  23. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 29, 2007 -> 07:52 PM) I'm not saying you're wrong, you make some interesting points. What IS a hitting coach's primary resposibility? If it's just or mostly to develop younger players, that's not much responsibility, is it? What would need to happen with this offense for you to believe it might be time to try someone besides Walker? In some ways, most young players are "coachable" unless they're just obstinate. The best hitting coaches are the ones the veterans respect and whose ear the hitting coach can get into when he needs to deliver a message. The White Sox tuned Gary Ward out. There's no sign they have done that to Walker...I think they genuinely like him and seem to respect him like the rest of the coaching staff, but it's just as difficult for me to blame Ozzie Guillen for their lack of hitting. He's responsible for "motivating" them to hit? I don't think that's a manager's job. If anything, Walker and KW are more responsible than Guillen. This is one of those debates that entrenched sides will never give in on...depending on your opinions of the various Sox coaches. I have the feeling our team ERA or bullpen ERA could be 5.00 for the season and many would still be defending Don Cooper, yet they don't similarly give Ozzie Guillen credit at all for the 05 season.
  24. QUOTE(SoxAce @ May 29, 2007 -> 07:48 PM) Seriously the umps alone have cost Danks a few earned runs this season. It's getting ridiculous. The horrible umpiring led directly to Contreras being forced to throw his fastball over the heart of the plate. No coincidence that umpire is "nursing an injured back" and unavailable for the rest of the series, along with the "hands across the throat" gesture to Gardenhire.
  25. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 29, 2007 -> 07:48 PM) Where the f*** was that pitch to Punto? Sox Pitching: We're Here to Encourage Your 2 Out Rally Monkeys

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.