Everything posted by caulfield12
-
White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/25/07 (W)
QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 25, 2007 -> 08:11 PM) Egbert falls back to earth tonite. Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA Egbert 7.0 5 1 1 1 5 0 2.98 Can he hit with runners in scoring position? Intentional unintentional walk...he owned Terrero first AB, which means he'll probably get an infield single or something.
-
White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/25/07 (W)
0 for 7 in only 3 innings with RISP. Threatening to have the worst team RISP average in history after leading the AL last year.
-
White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/25/07 (W)
Well, you can't say Erstad can NEVER turn on a ball and drive it to RF! Maybe Thome's rubbing off on Darin?
-
White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/25/07 (W)
QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ May 25, 2007 -> 07:48 PM) I thought we broke out of our slump?? Fortunately it's only one run........unfortunately our offense has looked anemic except for a handful of games this season. We're doing about as well as the Eddie Griffin led Pirates under Tommy Amaker.
-
White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/25/07 (W)
Joe didn't have any explosiveness in his legs and back to make that throw...he's almost become an offensive AND defensive liability out there on the field. Not sure if he would have had Upton, but it would have been VERY close.
-
White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/25/07 (W)
Terrero totally overmatched. Is Gaudin pitching again? 0 for 4 with RISP, and it's already getting old. Ugh...I wonder if this slump will be over before we're 7-9 games back? Yeah, we have a relatively easy schedule and the Tigers/Indians are playing each other 7 times in 10 days...we need to take advantage of these opportunities once in awhile and get to 5-6 games over .500 at some point. QUOTE(fathom @ May 25, 2007 -> 07:43 PM) Pathetic at-bat by a pathetic player. So it's the same as 2006? Meanwhile, Griffey Jr. is batting over .300 and hit another homer. Where would he play? Honestly, I would move Dye to LF, Griffey to RF and keep Erstad in CF.
-
White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/25/07 (W)
QUOTE(fathom @ May 25, 2007 -> 07:36 PM) We desperately need to acquire another outfielder, and give up on waiting for Pods to return. 2003 will be the year of the missing 5th starter and Billy Koch, this might be the year of the missing LFer
-
White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/25/07 (W)
QUOTE(fathom @ May 25, 2007 -> 07:33 PM) It's sad to hear Hawk make excuses for the play. Crede got himself off-balanced. It seems like if our 3-4-5 can't contribute tonight, our offense will have no chance. When I saw Terrero and Mackowiak in the OF together, I knew we were in trouble...although Rob did make a nice play in the first inning, we've reverted back to our offensive stupor apparently, with the main difference being Thome now on base when we fail. We didn't even get the obligatory "he's a strong, strong young man" for Joe. Hawk must not be happy with him right now.
-
White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/25/07 (W)
QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ May 25, 2007 -> 07:31 PM) ugh. bull crap. 1-0 Benji Molina would have made it, anyone could have just stayed there and not even moved. And the Delmon Young White Sox Destruction Tour continues for another year.
-
White Sox vs. Devil Rays, 5/25/07 (W)
QUOTE(fathom @ May 25, 2007 -> 07:24 PM) Jermaine had a great pitch to make it 3-0 on, but popped it up. Iguchi's back to being worthless. I don't remember so many bereavement issues in one season, let alone for a one month span...Uribe, Cintron (twice) and now Konerko.
-
Cincinnati Reds
QUOTE(Heath @ May 25, 2007 -> 01:12 PM) Ryan Freel is Rob Machoviak with a better OPS. Juan Castro is making 2.25 Million for being a good glove. (Don't get me started). Funny you mention stockpiling of aging utility players, the Reds have Conine, Hatteberg, Castro, and a ton of old middle relievers. 69 Million dollar payroll for the worst club in baseball. We're having the same discussions at redszone.com We don't understand either. Castro would be a much better fit for the Sox than Cintron, because he can play SS, 3B and 2B flawlessly. He's the perfect player for a 90-100 win team and wasted on a 65-75 win team. He is Vin Scully's all-time favorite player, going back to the 1950's. Cintron doesn't have the arm for SS or even 3B right now.
-
Cincinnati Reds
QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ May 25, 2007 -> 10:00 AM) We have lots of young pitching just sitting in the minors, time to trade it before it gets exposed any more! Freel would be fine, and probably could be had, but Griffey might be the easiest to get. It's going to take more than Phillips, Broadway, Haeger or McCullough to get Freel. They would ask for Russell or Gio WITH Faustino De Los Santos.
-
Elijah Dukes the MLB's latest tool
Gilbert played for St. Petersburg Times reporters a voice mail she says Dukes left for her, and this is how they transcribed the voice on the phone: "Hey, dawg. It's on, dawg. You dead, dawg. I ain't even bulls-------. Your kids too, dawg. It don't even matter to me who is in the car with you. N-----, all I know is, n-----, when I see your m-----f------ a-- riding, dawg, it's on. As a matter of fact, I'm coming to your m-----f------ house." Gilbert also says Dukes called and told her to check her cell phone, to which -- she says -- he sent a text message with a photo of a pistol. Dukes' response to the St. Pete Times reporters when they asked for a response to these allegations? "I've got to go. I've got a video game to finish." from www.cbssportsline.com The whole story is there, I just enjoyed this part, in particular.
-
Cincinnati Reds
QUOTE(southsideirish @ May 24, 2007 -> 11:32 PM) Gotham Baseball has a rumor about certain Reds players being available since they are 10 games under .500 and 10 games out of first in the Central. Ryan Freel would look great leading off and playing LF for the Sox. Gotham Baseball Link Opinions? Dunn or Griffey are the only realistic names, and those would mostly be salary dumps, although I think Griffey would be the wiser move, since he could play LF or CF. Dunn is essentially a DH playing LF. Freel, or any young player in the first 3-5 years of his career, is going to be prohibitively expensive to acquire. I would love to have Juan Castro as a defensive replacement, but we're locked in with Cintron, Pods and Hall on the most expensive bench in baseball. And Jeff Conine would be another possibility for the OF, but I don't see how he's a clear upgrade over our LF platoon right now.
-
Outfield Options
QUOTE(max power @ May 23, 2007 -> 05:48 PM) I don't see the point in listing anything after tier 1. I don't want any of those guys if we have to give anything up. Over half aren't even better than a mack/whoever platoon. Because 75% of the time KW makes a mid-season move, it's a player similar to those I listed in Tier 2/3.
-
Greg Walker's job is safe!
QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 23, 2007 -> 05:50 PM) Why the poop would you prefer ops when you're looking at team stats? There's only one area where you should prefer POOP to the runs, lol...sorry, that was too easy.
-
1/4 Season Update
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ May 23, 2007 -> 05:06 PM) The Yankees are doing all they can to make sure you're correct. I wonder if there would be any possible way to sneak in and steal Melky Cabrera from them? I just don't see how that's possible, though, without giving up major league pitching. He's really struggling, so it would be the equivalent of the White Sox trading Crede right now. I've been contemplating what we could actually get back for Garland from them...it probably wouldn't be worth it, unless we could fill 2 holes simultaneously. We'll undoubtedly end up with one of the Tier 2/Tier 3 players I listed in the outfield options thread.
-
Outfield Options
QUOTE(toasty @ May 22, 2007 -> 04:59 PM) ROWAND TIER 1 Dunn Jose Cruz Ibanez Pat Burrell Jay Gibbons Melky Cabrera TIER 2 Mench Emil Brown Reggie Sanders Jay Payton Brad Wilkerson Ryan Klesko Jeff Conine TIER 3 Langerhans either Hairston brother Termel Sledge Frank Catalanotto
-
Rumor out of Minnesota about Torii Hunter
QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 23, 2007 -> 01:54 PM) Fabio Castro has been demoted to AAA and he is on the Phillies who dont have what I call a strong bullpen and Jay Marshall has an era of 5.03 Just making a point that ONE thing we have produced is a plethora of relievers... Rocky Biddle Gary Majewski Jon Rauch Bob Wickman Matt Guerrier Jason Grilli (although mostly an SF failure) Roberto Hernandez Bobby Howry Frank Francisco Fabio Castro Jay Marshall Boone Logan
-
Greg Walker's job is safe!
QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ May 23, 2007 -> 12:29 PM) We aren't last! http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggreg...amp;season=2007 in all seriousness though, i guess he has been teaching better the last week or so http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggreg...amp;season=2007 I prefer runs scored. We're ahead of KC in runs per game, and closing in on Baltimore and Seattle. That's a little bit more important than Batting Average or (B)rian (A)nderson.
-
1/4 Season Update
QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 23, 2007 -> 09:25 AM) YASNY, I based that projection on our current record against teams at or below .500. I also had to consider the SOS for the next 50 games compared to what the Sox did over the first 40. It did come out a little on the high side, and something around 51-39 is probably more realistic. That would make it 74-58 with 30 games (one month left) to play. And 18-12 finish from that point gives you 92-70 and puts you right in the middle of everything, but it's going to be tight w/ the Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers and Indians...possibly the Twins. I think we're more likely at this point to lose to a fellow AL Central competitor, rather than the Yankees.
-
Mike North
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2007 -> 11:52 AM) ^^^ He wouldn't fit in there at all... He needs to get rid of his "Bears/Ditka/Hurricane/Polish Sausage" accent and twist it into a Jersey one.
-
The 2007 White Sox Pitching Staff
QUOTE(WCSox @ May 23, 2007 -> 10:32 AM) The Indians don't have the pitching talent that the Tigers had last year. No offense to them, but I'm not worried. Even with the Sox offense scuffling (but much improved over the past week), I like their chances a lot more than I did last year. With solid starting pitching, you always have a chance. They don't have the overall talent and youth of Verlander and Bonderman, but Sabathia is an ace, Lee is their equivalent of Buehrle, Sowers=Danks and Westbrook=Garland, more or less. The wild cards are Carmona and Contreras.
-
Rumor out of Minnesota about Torii Hunter
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2007 -> 09:25 AM) That's scary considering the Twins do their best work at raiding other teams farm systems... I'm sure they would find the next Jay Marshall or Fabio Castro to make their bullpen that much tougher.
-
The 2007 White Sox Pitching Staff
QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ May 23, 2007 -> 09:24 AM) The Indians will not continue their hot streak at home and they are one injury away from being middle of the pack. I wouldn't worry about them...at least until after the all-star break. Sounds like a common refrain oft heard about the Minnesota Twins.