Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chw42

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chw42

  1. Getz doing his best to make sure we don't win the division with his moves since the deadline.
  2. Schriffen is a lot better when the team is winning. Don't get me wrong, he is still bad. But being bad with nothing to get excited about made him so much worse. I kind of feel bad for him given how bad the team was in his first season. It really didn't fit his broadcasting style at all.
  3. I'm dying at the "you have accumulated 1.2 fwar and 87 wrc". Probably the funniest thing I've read in a long time coming from a guy like Pham.
  4. He better not play any fantasy football
  5. Uh, why?!?
  6. chw42 replied to Whisox05's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    At least it wasn't Cleveland that claimed him.
  7. This is an interesting pitching matchup. Both Kay and Lambert pitched in Japan last year. Lambert actually pitched on Mune's NPB team.
  8. Seems like a very Preller thing to do.
  9. I didn't know there was an error. I saw that Matsui got out of it in the 10th and that they had a lead in extras. I just thought the Rays kept hitting.
  10. Gotta make this one Hurricane proof somehow
  11. If you think our game sucked today, there's always a worse way to lose.
  12. The Sox finish August 14-13. They've been a model of consistency going back to May. They've finished every month 1 game above .500 since. Unfortunately, it will be impossible for them to do that in September given that they play an even number of games (26). The Sox have been .500 outside the month of May, where they went 18-10. .500 the rest of the way gets them to 85 wins. Edit: I just realized that September 1st is Tuesday and the Sox play Monday. But I think the general point of this post still stands.
  13. They also turn the double play if Hicks doesn't take forever to throw the ball to Colson. Then when he did, it was in a bad spot. Not making excuses for Colson, but they both share some blame on that play.
  14. I happened to watch a recap of the ALCS and World Series last year. Dominguez was in for 2 blow ups. Shoulda known that he sucked then, but I somehow forgot about them even though I watched pretty much every game during the ALCS and WS.
  15. He had a good stretch after the injury. This new slump started the last game of the Cubs series.
  16. 140ish. He's at 100 this year because of the hamstring injury.
  17. He's been pulling off like crazy on some of his swings.
  18. Too bad he didn't pitch a single inning that actually mattered today.
  19. I'd expect such a good fielder like Doyle to make that play. He completely misread that.
  20. Still on pace to CSGO'd by Zebby freaking Matthews...
  21. They scored 28 runs in the 3 games prior to yesterday. A decent amount of that was some really good BABIP luck. Stuff like that averages out over time.
  22. Pitchers will eventually realize they don't need to pitch carefully to him if this keeps going. And then he stops walking and turns into bad Joey Gallo. It's a real thin line between success and failure for guys with this type of profile.
  23. He's just not hitting pitches he used to hit.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.