Truck Attack in Nice, France

Cknolls

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 01:04 PM)
Is this the ISlamic ISIS or the non-ISlamic ISIS that our President is "fighting"?

Why does it matter? Who the hell cares what he calls it? Did it bother you when George W. Bush didn't call it "radical Islamic terrorism"? Probably not.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 06:04 PM)
Is this the ISlamic ISIS or the non-ISlamic ISIS that our President is "fighting"?

While this guy was probably an Islamic extremist sympathetic to ISIS' views, there's no indication at this point that ISIS had any actual involvement.

Moreover, a single guy using a rental truck to run people over doesn't require any level of resources or coordination, which is why your "har har JV team" snark was so stupid.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)
So as with cauldfield, you assume every conservative is a rich, good for nothing politician?

Is the current military made of all draftees?

I was being facetious but I do believe some elitist, politics be damned believe this to be true.

The military has a mix bag but a lot of poor people enlist because they don't have really have anything else to do.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 01:08 PM)
So the truck driver was French.

Every terrorist in the recent attacks in Paris & Brussels carried an EU passport. This truck driver was a Tunisian-born French citizen. He was Muslim but didn't even attend mosque and zero ties to being radicalized.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 10:50 AM)
Do you think all the die-hard Republicans in this thread are volunteering to send their sons and daughters to fight against ISIS?

Are there any die-hard Republicans in this thread or on Soxtalk at all? Seems to me this is a Democrat-dominated board; in the vicinity of 90 percent to 10 percent.

Terrible loss of life in this tragedy. What.A.World. Horror after horror every week.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 03:29 PM)
Are there any die-hard Republicans in this thread or on Soxtalk at all? Seems to me this is a Democrat-dominated board; in the vicinity of 90 percent to 10 percent. Terrible loss of life in this tragedy. What.A.World. Horror after horror every week.

Bruh

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 15, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)
I was being facetious but I do believe some elitist, politics be damned believe this to be true.

The military has a mix bag but a lot of poor people enlist because they don't have really have anything else to do.

no doubt there are some.

Edited by ptatc