Cito looks to have the edge

Bmr31

How about Kevin Kennedy?

Year__Team______G___W__L___WP___Finish

1993__Texas_____162 86 76 .531 ___ 2

1994__Texas_____114 52 62 .456 ___ 1

1995__BostonRS _144 86 58 .597 ___ 1

1996__BostonRS _162 85 77 .525 ___ 3

God help us if Cito is manager. He has two rings but all he had to do was put the same team out on the field over and over and then supervise. He wont be able to do that with this team...

:rolleyes:

He has two World Series rings for a reason. And even if it was because the talent was there in Toronto, I have to ask...so? We have the talent too. Colon resigns, we are in excellent shape for next year.

Ya know what, I should give Gaston a chance. Theres more to managing that making a lineup everyday. So what the hell, give him a chance. Then we can form opinions. Id like Backman really, but Im neutral. Except for a little about Backmans aggressiveness, I know nothing about any of these guys. So when whoever starts managing next year, then Ill make up my mind. Until then I deem it unfair to rip on any of these guys. That said, I hope Backman gets the job...

Ya know what, I should give Gaston a chance. Theres more to managing that making a lineup everyday. So what the hell, give him a chance. Then we can form opinions. Id like Backman really, but Im neutral. Except for a little about Backmans aggressiveness, I know nothing about any of these guys. So when whoever starts managing next year, then Ill make up my mind. Until then I deem it unfair to rip on any of these guys. That said, I hope Backman gets the job...

Just win baby....that's all I ask. That's what I want the new manager to do.

Gaston could be OK as long as we bring back a very talented team. From my expierience watching way to many blue jay games when he was manager he is decent but not great and he seemed more prone to bad judgement when he had to make more decisions in the years when the talent level wasn't there. I know that probably could be said about most managers and maybe I am judging him to quickly but all I have to go on is what I remember seeing of him with the jays.

Now having said all that and seeing the other candidates that have been mentiond so far, if prior experience is what the sox want he may be the best candidate.

Sorry to be a smart ass, but Jerry Manuel did win, just not enough...

All managers do...even Alan Trammel won 43 times this year.

However, you take out the 2000 season(where very little of it was because of Manuel), and he is 1 game over .500 for his entire career, and with the talent he had, 1 game over is terrible, even if he'd gone 25 games under his first 2 years. He should have been atleast 30 over.

And if he is, he's apparently looking at the right one.  I don't mind seeing a guy with 2 rings on his hands coming in to take over as manager.

Well if CG is the man that's fine if they are not going to interview anyone else, but same minorities b****ing about J.Mckeon getting hired better b**** about this, but they will not because CG is a minority. I just want Sox to hire the best canidate whoever it is, the interview process for a diverse pool of canidates should work BOTH ways not just when some want it too.

Gaston could be OK as long as we bring back a very talented team. From my expierience watching way to many blue jay games when he was manager he is decent but not great and he seemed more prone to bad judgement when he had to make more decisions in the years when the talent level wasn't there. I know that probably could be said about most managers and maybe I am judging him to quickly but all I have to go on is what I remember seeing of him with the jays.

Now having said all that and seeing the other candidates that have been mentiond so far, if prior experience is what the sox want he may be the best candidate.

When the talent level is high, most of the manager's decisions look good. When the talent level is lower, certainly a lesser amount of those decision look good.

Holy cow.... roman and I actually agree!

I don't think Backman will be the next Sox manager, but I have no doubts he would be very good. Backman's strengths are game management and getting his players to play hard and as a team.

I think there could be several good candidates and Gaston could very well be one. So I am certainly open-minded here.