Pope "in his last days

southsider2k5

Stupid question here, but I am not Catholic so I don't know... Can a Pope be Sainted?

I am catholic and I believe so, but to be sainted a certain number of miracles have to be attributed to your name. For example somebody on their deathbed will have to pray to the Pope, and then if he gets better the pope gets a miracle to his name.

I am catholic and I believe so, but to be sainted a certain number of miracles have to be attributed to your name.  For example somebody on their deathbed will have to pray to the Pope, and then if he gets better the pope gets a miracle to his name.

3 miricles. That is why Mother Theresa is not a Saint. She only has two. I do not think he has any miricles. I don't recall him having any.

SoxnBears is right about the new pope. It is a long process though. The Cardinals hang out in the Vatican more or less, and the public can tell when a new pope has been elected by the color of the smoke coming out of the chimeny, something like that. When the smoke goes from black to white, maybe vice versa it's been a while since I had Church class, a new pope has been decided on. If I remember correct, there was 4 or 5 possible candidates, and the only American with a real shot was Cardinal Bernadin. He is passed on. I think it will be a very long process.

If there was ever a guy you would like to see live forever John Paul would be the one.

This is very sad to hear.  It even appears he is his suffering in his latter days.

My prayers are with him to ease his suffering in his journey to the next world.

Ditto. My prayers go out to you.

BTW, try reading some of the comments people left on this Yahoo story.  Some scary s***.

f*** some of those people. I know how to pray the rosary, the Virgin Mary is one of the more know people in Catholism. It is a prayer that most Catholics really don't know. I don't even know all the mysteries off hand.

Purgatory is not hell, it is like jail, ya get out aftertime.