I love football season!

Soxplosion

-All the games to choose from

-Coors "I love playing two hand touch" and "What a wonderful world" commercials

-Thanksgiving football with the Cowboys and the Lions

-Playing football Thanksgiving morning out in the cold

-Monday Night Football!

-College football

Ya just gotta love it. For me, Thanksgivings no longer about turkey. Its about football! My parents give me no curfew Monday nights just so I can watch MNF. I have no real team in the NFL or college. I favor the Raiders but not that much. In baseball, I can be happy just seeing the Sox score. But in football, its not about the score. I gotta see the actual plays that made the score. I just love watching the games on a nice Sunday afternoon. Ya gotta love football season...

School nite curfew...

And I have a question. Lets say the Giants are punting from about the fifty to the Redskins. Just an example. The punter puts up a nice punt to right about the goal line. The Skins let it go and some Giant comes flying in and catches it at the one but instead of stopping and downing it, he falls uncontrollably into the endzone. Touchback or Skins ball at the one?

I'm not clear on this, but I think as soon as anyone on the kicking team touches it, the ball is dead, and if this happened before the ball goes in the endzone, it's down where he touches it, because I've seen a million players get hit in the head with a punt, and it is ruled dead at that point.

I'm not clear on this, but I think as soon as anyone on the kicking team touches it, the ball is dead, and if this happened before the ball goes in the endzone, it's down where he touches it, because I've seen a million players get hit in the head with a punt, and it is ruled dead at that point.

I'm not so sure. I think the player on the kicking team has to have control of the ball to down it. There was a play a couple of weeks ago, either in the Vikings-Packers game, or the Vikings-Lions game, not sure, where that thing happened. Some player on the kicking team(not the Vikings) touched the ball as it bounced towards the Vikings returner, he then touched it, and the kicking team recovered it. It was given to the kicking team, but was then reviewed by Tice, and was overruled, and it was the Vikings ball because as soon as the kicking team touches it, it is the returning team's ball no matter what happens. However, if the kicking team does not have control of it, the return team can return it still.

Not sure if the kicking team can still pick up a fumble and recover it if the return team fumbles it after the kicking team touches it but does not gain control of it. That I'd have to look up.

That kind of thing rarely happens and that is why it is a fuzzy area, as you called it, and for obvious reasons. If something doesn't happen often, there's a good chance something like this will happen.

Well begoods the one complaining about the cold actually. Well actually, I did mention it, didnt I? Since I love Hawaii (where 70 is cold) and live in south Virginia (where we get an inch of snow a year), Id say 40-50. I can take 20-30 in just a light jacket but where I live 40-50 is cold...

Well begoods the one complaining about the cold actually. Well actually, I did mention it, didnt I? Since I love Hawaii (where 70 is cold) and live in south Virginia (where we get an inch of snow a year), Id say 40-50. I can take 20-30 in just a light jacket but where I live 40-50 is cold...

God that is weird. I cherish 20-30 temps. Here we've already had our hard freeze, and I think it's already gotten down to 23 or so. And I'm seriously expecting it to snow in the next 3 weeks too. Come January, a nice day will be either 5-10 degrees with no cold wind. If it is 15-20, there can be a little wind. And that's not cold. Cold is -20 with winds getting up to 20 mph and the wind chill being about -40. That's nose-falling-off cold right there. You don't wear gloves and a hat in that time, and you are a dumbass. And that ain't even saliva-freezing cold either.