Kudos to Chris Brenon (?) of ESPN radio

Kid Gleason

This morning at the end of the Chicago Sports Center segment, Chris said "is there a better time to be a Chicago sports fan? Though White Sox fans will beg to differ."

ATLEAST WE WERE NOT FORGOTTEN IN A SPORTS REPORT AND SOMEBODY ACKNOWLEDGED THAT NOT ALL ARE JUMPING ON THE CUBS TRAIN!!! :headbang

Here's another little snipit of recognition that I just ran across. It is from, of all people, Ken Rosenthal of The Sporting News from his Sept 29th column.

Truth be told, the scariest team in the A.L. -- the White Sox -- won't even be in the postseason. The White Sox go four deep in their rotation with Bartolo Colon, Esteban Loaiza, Mark Buerhle and Jon Garland.

Let me add this thought. For those people who are saying that now they are rooting for the Cubs because it's a Chicago team, or because Santo is sick, or whatever...It's a very simple test. If you root for the Cubs, you are a Cubs fan. When it's over, you can't come back. You're tainted for life...you're a Cubs fan. :fthecubs

and their fans.

Let me add this thought. For those people who are saying that now they are rooting for the Cubs because it's a Chicago team, or because Santo is sick, or whatever...It's a very simple test. If you root for the Cubs, you are a Cubs fan. When it's over, you can't come back. You're tainted for life...you're a Cubs fan. :fthecubs

and their fans.

I agree 100%. I think the people who said they were Sox fan, are cheering for the Cubs now, and will come back to the Sox after all is said and done are nothing more than casual fans. Part of being a fan is sticking through the thick and thin. If you really wanted you could find a reason to cheer for any team in the playoffs.

and their fans.

I've been saying this all along. As a Sox fan, if you are now cheering for the Cubs for any of a multitide of what you may think are rational reasons, do White Sox nation a favor and turn in your black and white's to a DIEHARD SOX FAN and do yourself a favor and go out and buy your fairweather-ass some Cubbie Blue. Tools.

I will never..... EVER..... cheer for the f***in' Cubs. EVER.

and their fans.

I've been saying this all along. As a Sox fan, if you are now cheering for the Cubs for any of a multitide of what you may think are rational reasons, do White Sox nation a favor and turn in your black and white's to a DIEHARD SOX FAN and do yourself a favor and go out and buy your fairweather-ass some Cubbie Blue. Tools.

I will never..... EVER..... cheer for the f***in' Cubs. EVER.

Preach on Rev CK :bringit :fthecubs :sosasucks

Here, here!!! :fthecubs :usa :fthecubs :usa :fthecubs :usa

p.s. though it does pain me a bit that my wife is cheering for the Cubs now, though for here it is more for her family. She still hates Sosa. But she admits that she only really likes the White Sox and is not a "Baseball" fan. It took me a few years to get her this far, I believe in a few more years she will be a full on Sox fan. Give me a little time. :P

That's what drives me nuts - 'You should cheer for the Cubs because they are a Chicago team." I am staying with my bf's mom and sister for a few weeks while work is done on our house and they are cheering for the cubs because they are a 'chicago team.' I live in Mt Greenwood and I am being told to cheer for the cubs because they are a chicago team - give me a break and GO FISH!!!!! :headbang

It sucks at work too because I am in Rolling Meadows and everyone is a Cubs fan - it's amazying listening to some of the conversations..the scores are wrong, they theories are wacked out...it does provide a few good laughs tho! ;)

That's what drives me nuts - 'You should cheer for the Cubs because they are a Chicago team."  I am staying with my bf's mom and sister for a few weeks while work is done on our house and they are cheering for the cubs because they are a 'chicago team.'  I live in Mt Greenwood and I am being told to cheer for the cubs because they are a chicago team - give me a break and GO FISH!!!!!  :headbang

It sucks at work too because I am in Rolling Meadows and everyone is a Cubs fan - it's amazying listening to some of the conversations..the scores are wrong, they theories are wacked out...it does provide a few good laughs tho! ;)

Thats what I keep saying to the people around me! They say "you should root for the Cubs, they are the hometeam!!!", to which I say "When did Harvard buy the Cubs!?!" :lolhitting

That's what drives me nuts - 'You should cheer for the Cubs because they are a Chicago team."  I am staying with my bf's mom and sister for a few weeks while work is done on our house and they are cheering for the cubs because they are a 'chicago team.'  I live in Mt Greenwood and I am being told to cheer for the cubs because they are a chicago team - give me a break and GO FISH!!!!!  :headbang

Sportradio comments;

"Farnsworth should start," (this was tried and failed, he is the only thing they have in the pen.)

"Remington should have stayed longer." I thought it was Remlinger but I could be wrong.

I don't know if you guys saw my other topic....

but I'm cheering for the fish now.

for some reason, I couldn't get happy when the cubs beat the fish in game 2.

I felt a twinge of a smile when the cubs lost game 1....

I felt so fake at the time.

And now I understand why.

If the Cubs win now, and we win in a few years... our story will seem like a rerun, and no one will ever give us the credit we deserve. It'll almost be like the Cubs found a way to screw us even when we win.

I jsut can't have that.

I don't know if you guys saw my other topic....

but I'm cheering for the fish now.

for some reason, I couldn't get happy when the cubs beat the fish in game 2.

I felt a twinge of a smile when the cubs lost game 1....

I felt so fake at the time.

And now I understand why.

If the Cubs win now, and we win in a few years... our story will seem like a rerun, and no one will ever give us the credit we deserve.  It'll almost be like the Cubs found a way to screw us even when we win.

I jsut can't have that.

Ah ... you're beginning to see the light! :cheers

f*** the Cubs! It makes me sick inside to see all their fans jumping around with joy and pleasure. I so wish it was us. I've been wearing nothing but Sox/Cork shirts since I went to Chicago in August. I will continue this practice FOREVER. I want to see the Fish stop a f***in mudhole in the Flubs.