What free agents

The Beast

Pierre, I think this his 4th year in the league. So, no, we won't get him.

My wish list includes the Cabrera-Castillo duo up the middle, resigning Colon or signing Ponson(if the price is right, Millwood too, but I don't think it will be....I don't want him or Livan mainly because they are NL pitchers who have struggled at times in their league....I don't want to even mess around with Turd Ritchie part two), Hawkins/Hasegawa/Rhodes, and then getting a good #5 starter.

That's about all I really want in all reality.

"I wouldn't touch Livan at 6 mill a year. He's a solid pitcher, but the only way I take him is if the Expos pay half is salary and do the trade for someone like Ginter."

I think you are underestimating LHernandez. His numbers last year were arguable better than Colon's and he is a workhorse/innings eater just like him. It might have been a career year and his numbers are a little inconsistant, but his career ERA of 4.20 is very respectible and quite a better lower than Ponson's career ERA of 4.54. He isn't that much older then Ponson either, only 2 years(it seems like LHernandez has been around forever). I think LHernandez would be a great pick up if the Sox lose Colon, and if Ponson is worth 6M/yr, than LHernandez should be too.

"I wouldn't touch Livan at 6 mill a year. He's a solid pitcher, but the only way I take him is if the Expos pay half is salary and do the trade for someone like Ginter."

I think you are underestimating LHernandez. His numbers last year were arguable better than Colon's and he is a workhorse/innings eater just like him. It might have been a career year and his numbers are a little inconsistant, but his career ERA of 4.20 is very respectible and quite a better lower than Ponson's career ERA of 4.54. He isn't that much older then Ponson either, only 2 years(it seems like LHernandez has been around forever). I think LHernandez would be a great pick up if the Sox lose Colon, and if Ponson is worth 6M/yr, than LHernandez should be too.

I read something about Livan toward the end of the season. Supposedly, he changed his arm angle and/or his release point. That move made his fastball increase in velocity and movement. This happened around the All Star break. I'm too lazy to look up the numbers, but he was one of the best pitchers in the NL in the second half. He's been kind of flying under the radar, but that's why I think he'll be the 2004 version of Esteban Loaiza.