Keith Law Mock 1.0

soxfan49

Few things with this draft...

1. I'm still really leery of Hunter Bishop (and I'm a huge ASU fan). Sure he's come on strong this year...and the dude is a big power left handed bat. But he's done it for one year. I get sometimes it takes a while for the light to click on...but still.  That said...he hit a friggin moon shot last night that had to travel 450'. Good lord did he kill that ball.

2. 17. Langeliers- Nationals   If the Nats luck out having this guy slide that far...damn. Not sure how/why he did slide this far. He started the spring on the shelf with a broken hamate bone which I'm sure has effected his bat a little. But his numbers are still pretty good. I always considered him a top 5 pick.  And actually he might be a better defensive catcher than Rutschman.  17 is just a bad call on him IMO.

3. Jung at #12 is a pretty good pick for the Mets

4. I've always been on board with the Vaughn pick...so I'd be thrilled with the pick. I don't actually know much about Abrams to make an educated opinion about him...so we'll just have to trust Hostetler on this.

9 minutes ago, Wanne said:

Few things with this draft...

1. I'm still really leery of Hunter Bishop (and I'm a huge ASU fan). Sure he's come on strong this year...and the dude is a big power left handed bat. But he's done it for one year. I get sometimes it takes a while for the light to click on...but still.  That said...he hit a friggin moon shot last night that had to travel 450'. Good lord did he kill that ball.

2. 17. Langeliers- Nationals   If the Nats luck out having this guy slide that far...damn. Not sure how/why he did slide this far. He started the spring on the shelf with a broken hamate bone which I'm sure has effected his bat a little. But his numbers are still pretty good. I always considered him a top 5 pick.  And actually he might be a better defensive catcher than Rutschman.  17 is just a bad call on him IMO.

3. Jung at #12 is a pretty good pick for the Mets

4. I've always been on board with the Vaughn pick...so I'd be thrilled with the pick. I don't actually know much about Abrams to make an educated opinion about him...so we'll just have to trust Hostetler on this.

Yeah I sorta like Bleday more as a 1 year phenom since there was such a pronounced change that led to the success.