Tonight's Game

Harry Chappas

For the first time this postseason I am going to watch without thinking about cheering for teh team that is more likly to beat the cubs. Tonight's game should be great as I could really careless who wins but want to see a great game. All things aside I really really like the way the Marlins played. Maybe Ozzie will be here yet and maybe that isn't such a bad thing. The little thing about the wild pitch last Saturday may have helped in the end and isn't Josh Beckett what Prior and Wood are to be?

Beckett stepped up big time, but I can't say anything bad about Mark Prior. Wood is not in Prior's class, however.

Could be a classic game tonight. I hope both pitchers are on their game.

I wasn't trying to slam Prior just trying to make light of the fact that unless you are really into baseball you probably haven't heard of Beckett before Sunday and he and AJ Burnett (if healthy,) can be as good as Wood and Prior. Throw in Penny and Pavano and which rotation would you rather have? This was pointed out last evening when they made light of the wins by team of pitchers under 30. Florida was 2, cub was 5, Oakland was 1. An outing like Burnett's Sunday and last eve by Wood or Prior the last two games and the cub plays Saturday. I would love to have both of them.

For the first time this postseason I am going to watch without thinking about cheering for teh team that is more likly to beat the cubs.  Tonight's game should be great as I could really careless who wins but want to see a great game.  All things aside I really really like the way the Marlins played.  Maybe Ozzie will be here yet and maybe that isn't such a bad thing.  The little thing about the wild pitch last Saturday may have helped in the end and isn't Josh Beckett what Prior and Wood are to be?

Yeah, I actually screamed "OZZIE" when I saw him in the corner of my TV screen jumping around after the win last night! :lolhitting

And yes, tonights game should be a doozy, and I plan on being parked on the couch for the whole blasted thing! :cheers :drink