Burger called up

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jake Burger continues to be one of the most impressive baseball stories of my life time. 

I can only imagine where Jake would be if he didn't miss out on almost 400! Games of minor league play/development. Baseball is a game of reps at the end of the day. He missed a ton of those. 

The next step and evolution for him is plate discipline and strike zone command, something he likely would have acquired and fine tuned at the minor league level. 

At the risk of sounding like Hawk Harrelson talking about Matt Stairs, Burger is just a professional hitter. He's a masher. 

I'm beyond elated to see what the next few years look like for Burger. 

All points dead on, plus on top of all those great qualities you mentioned, let's face it, Jake is a great team player that plays with a high level of enthusiasm and effort. This is the type of player fans love to cheer for and hope for the best results to happen for him.

I pray someday after the Jerry, Kenny and Hahn era is long gone, we can find a Sox team full of more players like Jake, that actually play baseball like they did back in grade school or high school playing the game for the joy and excitement of it.

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 2
  • Hawk 1

On 6/16/2023 at 9:05 AM, The Kids Can Play said:

All points dead on, plus on top of all those great qualities you mentioned, let's face it, Jake is a great team player that plays with a high level of enthusiasm and effort. This is the type of player fans love to cheer for and hope for the best results to happen for him.

I pray someday after the Jerry, Kenny and Hahn era is long gone, we can find a Sox team full of more players like Jake, that actually play baseball like they did back in grade school or high school playing the game for the joy and excitement of it.

I like this post a lot. However I reread the whole thread. Moral of the story, well read our exchanges assessing the Sox at that moment in time.