2022 Rule Changes

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

I think it's more in response to pitchers and players than fans. With starters basically becoming long relief pitchers, extra inning games chew staffs quickly. I'd be mildly surprised if this was too appease fans. 

My understanding is that they wanted to shorten the time of the games.  If the strength of your team is the depth of bullpen pieces you would desire extras I would think.  Whatever the reason...I'm no fan.

15 minutes ago, poppysox said:

My understanding is that they wanted to shorten the time of the games.  If the strength of your team is the depth of bullpen pieces you would desire extras I would think.  Whatever the reason...I'm no fan.

Football also tricks up extra time instead of playing a fifteen minute overtime. 

I'm thinking what has changed that they would want to screw with this? I come up with two reasons, one even more aggravating than the other.

One. When we pitchers could be expected to go seven or eight innings extra innings weren't that big of a deal. Now five or six and guys are out of gas. 

Two. TV pays the bills and has some pull. 

• 2 weeks later...

Either revoke it or stop the dog and pony show.

No further information is required for Congress to vote on whether MLB should be subject to the same laws every other professional sport and business in America. Congress should also eliminate tax deductibility of interest paid on government issued bonds covering stadium debt.