White Sox remain 3rd in MLB Power Rankings

caulfield12

2. Blue Jays (2)
Including their 4-3 win over the A’s Sunday, the Jays have won 18 of Alek Manoah’s first 22 big league starts, including each of his last nine. Manoah was strong again Sunday, allowed two runs over six innings with two walks and six strikeouts. Entering this game, his ERA (3.06) since his debut last May 27 ranked fourth in the AL among pitchers with 100 innings pitched.

This doesnt make sense to me, you have a TEAM power ranking but you decide to place them at 2 because of one pitcher. They are 6-4, what about the other starters? They have been AWFUL

19 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

2. Blue Jays (2)
Including their 4-3 win over the A’s Sunday, the Jays have won 18 of Alek Manoah’s first 22 big league starts, including each of his last nine. Manoah was strong again Sunday, allowed two runs over six innings with two walks and six strikeouts. Entering this game, his ERA (3.06) since his debut last May 27 ranked fourth in the AL among pitchers with 100 innings pitched.

This doesnt make sense to me, you have a TEAM power ranking but you decide to place them at 2 because of one pitcher. They are 6-4, what about the other starters? They have been AWFUL

Stripling and Gausman have been "okay," with Kikuchi and obviously Berrios struggling.  Then you have Ryu to the IL.   They have the name recognition, I guess?

I think it's 75% hype and attention to Vladdy Jr. and the "greatest offense on turf" and perhaps the fact that Romano has seemingly settled in at closer.

9 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

So the second highest ALC team after the Sox is Cleveland at #14 and they moved up from #20 the week prior lol

75% of that move up is Jose Ramirez's early numbers and extension...but their offense has been surprisingly stout, at least until they ran into SFG.

But beating up on Cincy is fun!