6/15 Games

BamaDoc

7 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Those two, Ramos & Colas would be the favorites IMO.

Do we really think we'll have 4 top 100 prospects? I feel like Montgomery and Sosa will get on there. Not sure about Colas or Ramos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Do we really think we'll have 4 top 100 prospects? I feel like Montgomery and Sosa will get on there. Not sure about Colas or Ramos.

No chance. Montgomery and Sosa are probably the only candidates at this point. I'm really surprised by the discussion on Ramos. 

• bmags unpinned this topic
46 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

No chance. Montgomery and Sosa are probably the only candidates at this point. I'm really surprised by the discussion on Ramos. 

That's kind of what I figured. Sox are towards the bottom in the minor league system rankings. It would be really surprising if they had 4 top 100 prospects given their minors rankings. 

10 hours ago, ron883 said:

No way, but outside of Montgomery I doubt any of these are consensus top 100 guys.  Just saying I could one or two of the other three hit a given list.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No way, but outside of Montgomery I doubt any of these are consensus top 100 guys.  Just saying I could one or two of the other three hit a given list.

What a freaking stud Montgomery looks like. I wish they would have gone after high schoolers in early rounds in the past. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I love your views on prospects, but can’t figure out your beef with Ramos.  A legit 20 year old posting a 127 wRC+ in High A with plus bat speed and solid plate discipline seems pretty awesome.  Longenhagen has him as our #1 prospect on his current list and Baseball America has him 2nd overall right now.  Out of the publications who follow White Sox prospects, you seem to be the lowest and I guess I’m not sure why.  I haven’t seen him field much, but neither Longenhagen or Baseball America seems overly concerned about being able to stick at 3B if that’s issue for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I love your views on prospects, but can’t figure out your beef with Ramos.  A legit 20 year old posting a 127 wRC+ in High A with plus bat speed and solid plate discipline seems pretty awesome.  Longenhagen has him as our #1 prospect on his current list and Baseball America has him 2nd overall right now.  Out of the publications who follow White Sox prospects, you seem to be the lowest and I guess I’m not sure why.  I haven’t seen him field much, but neither Longenhagen or Baseball America seems overly concerned about being able to stick at 3B if that’s issue for you.

I like him. I’ve been a fan since he was doing well as a 17-year-old in the DSL after coming straight stateside. I just don’t think he’s in top 100 consideration. It’s hard as a corner profile in High-A. He was power but not ridiculous power and that’s usually what it takes. He’s young and he could absolutely break out more in AA or something but I’ll need to see it first. He’s probably the prospect I would trade at the deadline though if he’s super valuable to the industry. He needs to be added to the 40-man in December and I’m just not sure Sox can afford to carry him for years while competing. I’d probably rank him in the 4-6 range right now but the system is definitely better than preseason 

• Like 2