George Steinmart

The Beast

It seems we know this man all too well. There are changes yet to be made but I would like to take a look at the FA market.

Possible Coveted Players:

John Burkett, rhp x-Derek Lowe, rhp; Jeff Suppan, rhp

Bartolo Colon, rhp; Carl Everett, of; Tom Gordon, rhp

Raul Ibanez, of

Eddie Guardado, rhp; LaTroy Hawkins, rhp

Andy Pettitte, lhp

National League

Team Players

Javy Lopez, c; Greg Maddux, rhp; Gary Sheffield, of

y-Sammy Sosa, of;

Luis Castillo, 2b; Ivan Rodriguez, c; Ugueth Urbina, rhp

x-Brian Jordan, of

Vladimir Guerrero, of

Kevin Millwood, rhp

x-Trevor Hoffman, rhp

Rich Aurilia, ss; z-Jose Cruz Jr. a-Robb Nen, rhp; Sidney Ponson, rhp

What a silly post. Some of those guys couldn't make the team. The guys he will look at seriously are: Colon, Hawkins, Pettitte, Guerrero, Sheffield, and Luis Castillo. I see them making more of a splash through trading then FA's. There are only two great FA's available (Guerrero and Tejada).

What a silly post. Some of those guys couldn't make the team. The guys he will look at seriously are: Colon, Hawkins, Pettitte, Guerrero, Sheffield, and Luis Castillo. I see them making more of a splash through trading then FA's. There are only two great FA's available (Guerrero and Tejada).

Honestly I believe we COULD make a run at dare I say it Tejada

Honestly I believe we COULD make a run at dare I say it Tejada

How would that be possible? KW has already said the payroll will be about the same as this year (58 mil or something close to it). With Colon re-signed they'll need to cut 10-12 mil of payroll (Magz? or Frank and Lee?) and if Colon isn't re-signed why even bother getting another FA?

What gives you the idea that we would go for Tejada?  When has anything like this happened during JR's reign?  I really don't see any signs that we will go after anyone big.  It isnt our m.o.

Then who are we getting at SS? Valentin? Please...

What gives you the idea that we would go for Tejada?  When has anything like this happened during JR's reign?  I really don't see any signs that we will go after anyone big.  It isnt our m.o.

Don't you remember? We tried to get A-Rod! :lol:

And we will not go after Tejada. The last thing we need is another slow, right-handed power hitter. Go after Cabrera and Castillo if you go after anyone.....especially if we lose Colon.

Don't you remember?  We tried to get A-Rod!  :lol:

And we will not go after Tejada.  The last thing we need is another slow, right-handed power hitter.  Go after Cabrera and Castillo if you go after anyone.....especially if we lose Colon.

:lolhitting We were big players in the A-Rod bidding wars.

If Texas stumbles this year, I expect a-rod to be available, plus i think he likes JR too

I think ARod is gone with the right offer this offseason.

The Mets and Orioles both can spend quite a bit of money this offseason, and if they want to make a move for the future, that would be it. Ask Texas to take on $5 mill every year and you give them some pretty good players in return, and I think the move is very doable.

I think ARod is gone with the right offer this offseason.

The Mets and Orioles both can spend quite a bit of money this offseason, and if they want to make a move for the future, that would be it.  Ask Texas to take on $5 mill every year and you give them some pretty good players in return, and I think the move is very doable.

I could definitely see A-Rod in a Mets Uniform sumtime next year. The lure of bein da best SS in NY (no not Jeter) could be too good of an oppurtunity to pass up.