4/12 Games.

BamaDoc

8 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Fucking hell. Chappy homered again and I missed it.

Why can't someone else figure out how to not kill people with caffeine while I watch baseball instead?

How quickly can Chapelli realistically move now that he’s stateside? Guy is super fun. I know he played a lot of OF in Cuba, is he passable in the infield?  Exciting little fellow - definitely rooting for him to keep making each level look like a mockery.

6 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

How quickly can Chapelli realistically move now that he’s stateside? Guy is super fun. I know he played a lot of OF in Cuba, is he passable in the infield?  Exciting little fellow - definitely rooting for him to keep making each level look like a mockery.

I personally don't have a clue. This is our first look at him really stateside and it's a miniscule sample. He's certainly interesting and been mentioned by publications a few times as a guy to watch though. Dude is 21 and some change. Maybe we see him in Birmingham if he keeps destroying High-A pitching?

Here's a BA scouting report as well for those that might not have access.

BA Grade/Risk: 50/Extreme

Track Record: Chapelli was MVP of the U15 World Cup in 2016 and was named Rookie of the Year in his native Cuba in 2019. He was a late acquisition during the 2022 international signing period and didn't sign until May for a bonus of $500,000. He began his White Sox career in the Dominican Summer League one month after signing and hit .344/.448/.636 as a 19-year-old who was old for the league. His father was a 14-year veteran for Camaguey of the Cuban National Series.

Scouting Report: Chapelli is more athletic than he looks at first glance considering his short, stocky frame and plays bigger than his size with a high-energy style of play. He can really swing the bat, with good bat-to-ball skills, advanced plate discipline and surprising power for his size. He has shown the ability to make adjustments at the plate. Chapelli has been strictly a second baseman with the White Sox after playing outfield in Cuba. He's an average defender with a solid-average arm. He gets out of the box quickly from the left side of the plate and has turned in home-to-first times in just over four seconds, with above-average running ability overall.

The Future: Based on his age and previous experience in Cuba, Chapelli could break camp with one of the White Sox two Class A teams. He's a rather unique prospect considering his size and the way he plays the game.

Scouting Grades: Hit: 50. Power: 50. Speed: 55. Fielding: 50. Arm: 50.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Thanks 1