matsui

CubsSuck1

Kazuo Matsui declared for free agency yesterday, and I'm wondering if the Sox are at all interested in him for next year. Since Colon is on the way out, why not use some of the money to take a shot on him? How much money would this guy cost us to bring in? I hear this guy can RUN and that is something we need definetly. Also, I think he would boost attendance, especially from asians. You can see how many fans go to games just to see ichiro, and i think Kaz may do similar for the sox. I know this topic has been touched on before, but I am just wondering if this is a serious possibility :huh:

I think that economically, Kazuo Matsui makes TOO MUCH sense for the Sox. You can make a large amount on merchandising alone, you fill a much needed spot in the field, you fill the Top of the Lineup speed/OBP need, and you get the media attention that JR so desperately desires. Unfortunately, knowing how JR operates, theres no chance he takes a shot at Matsui, Reinsdorf probably sees him as both unsignable due to other teams possible interest, and too risky, being that he hasn't proven his ability in AMerican baseball.

is there a possibilty of us making a run at tejeda?? I'd rather have an established shortstop like him or even cabrera than take a chance on a guy who has never played in America...As we have seen some good players from Japan, we have also seen some turn out to be horrible(irabu)...

Kazuo Matsui declared for free agency yesterday, and I'm wondering if the Sox are at all interested in him for next year. Since Colon is on the way out, why not use some of the money to take a shot on him? How much money would this guy cost us to bring in? I hear this guy can RUN and that is something we need definetly. Also, I think he would boost attendance, especially from asians. You can see  how many fans go to games just to see ichiro, and i think Kaz may do similar for the sox. I know this topic has been touched on before, but I am just wondering if this is a serious possibility  :huh:

Well if the few posters that have mentioned a 15 million increase in payroll this season are onto something, then I think its a possibility.

If the Sox were to deal Maggs and Konerko and a prospect for Soriano and Johnson then I'd say their would be a possibility they could put some money into Matsui.

I thought I saw somewhere that KW said the payroll would be between $55-$60 million, up from $52 million this year.

I saw a few places 60 million, but I don't think KW has ever commented on it as if it were a set figure.

I did see afew posts mentioning 10 or 15 mill. I don't know what someone knows, but thats about the only way I see the Sox able to add Matsui. I think he would be a good move, depending on the cost. A new shortstop is a must though.

If we could get Soriano from New York for Maggs, that would be perfect. We'd already be cutting $22.5 from last year in not resigning Colon and trading Maggs, we'd have speed and a hole filled, and we'd have more money to work with.

I just cross my fingers every night hoping that KW makes the right moves this offseason.

Last I heard Matsui was rumored to be heading to Seattle.

I highly doubt the Sox are even on his "possible" teams to sign with. He'd fit in great in Seattle with Ichiro and Sasaki.

CWSOX45

Seattle is as cash-strapped now as they have ever been under Nintendos ownership. I don't think they will be the one with Matsui at SS. Anaheim, OTOH....

Last I heard Matsui was rumored to be heading to Seattle.

I highly doubt the Sox are even on his "possible" teams to sign with. He'd fit in great in Seattle with Ichiro and Sasaki.

CWSOX45

Seattle is as cash-strapped now as they have ever been under Nintendos ownership. I don't think they will be the one with Matsui at SS. Anaheim, OTOH....

I think Anaheim gets Tejada.

Watch out for LA though. I could definately see them making a run for him, and he'd probably be comfortable there too. They do have Nomo and Ishii.