Sox truly mired in mediocrity

caulfield12

22 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That basically only leaves the MLB Draft for discussion...and even that's depressing because, well just look at their draft history for the past five years or so.

And that was when they had multiple top 5 picks.

A's fans have a new stadium/venue to look forwards to...Royals have a better/younger core as this is now the backside of the current Sox "window" and the Reds have a much younger or more exciting/dynamic team along with Hunter Greene.

I guess we could be compared to the Rockies in terms of complete hopelessness.

So what better to b**** about the FO and owner some more? 😂

28 minutes ago, The Beast said:

That was a sarcastic response to the usual doom and gloom I read about Hahn, JR, the front office or the players. I understand the frustration but the same re-packaged analysis about the same people and things is old news after a while. It’s wasted energy until we see what they do at the deadline since these Hahn getting fired in season fantasies aren’t happening.

I’m not sure what should be discussed until the trade deadline?  Should it just be game threads and close the rest of the site down until then?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

So what better to b**** about the FO and owner some more? 😂

This happens every year.

Someone starts a "Only optimistic/positive comments" thread.

Which leads to more sarcastic but slightly positive leaning comments.

How about they just get to around 5 games below .500 to the point where they actually deserve some praise?

Because following the minors isn't working for many Sox fans, either.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I’m not sure what should be discussed until the trade deadline?  Should it just be game threads and close the rest of the site down until then?

Again, because someone mentioned this in another thread, I’m not suggesting the site be closed down. I guess I’m one of the few who doesn’t like things being rehashed and repackaged over and over again.

47 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

This happens every year.

Someone starts a "Only optimistic/positive comments" thread.

Which leads to more sarcastic but slightly positive leaning comments.

How about they just get to around 5 games below .500 to the point where they actually deserve some praise?

Because following the minors isn't working for many Sox fans, either.

5 games under? That could work, but there still would be negative comments. Follow the draft and consider the moves they should make at the deadline if they were to retool. That is usually fun.

• Hawk 1

14 hours ago, The Beast said:

Again, because someone mentioned this in another thread, I’m not suggesting the site be closed down. I guess I’m one of the few who doesn’t like things being rehashed and repackaged over and over again.

5 games under? That could work, but there still would be negative comments. Follow the draft and consider the moves they should make at the deadline if they were to retool. That is usually fun.

I would hate to see this site turn into WSI.  Things don’t get rehashed there but they have about six people who post because they’ve run everyone else off.

On 5/28/2023 at 10:36 PM, Joshua Strong said:

Winning the division doesn’t get them any closer to winning a championship 

Actually it does mathematically because it now means you are one of only 12 teams who can win the World Series instead of 30.

Plus there is playoff revenue which will help Jerry and Hahn to keep making expensive wrong decisions.

• Like 1