Sox farm system update...

Lip Man 1

MLB.com cites it as one of the "most improved" over the past year:

Chicago White Sox
The South Siders remain far from the top tier of farm systems, but it's easier to see them closer to the middle these days than it was back in June. Chicago was one of the busier sellers at the Deadline and picked up Edgar Quero, Jake Eder, Nick Nastrini, Ky Bush and Korey Lee, among others. That came after a deep Draft that saw the organization add four of MLB Pipeline's Top 100 prospects in Jacob Gonzalez, Grant Taylor, Seth Keener and George Wolkow. Wolkow -- ranked at 71st overall but drafted in the seventh round -- may have been a particular steal as a $1 million signing. Overall, 10 of the club's present Top 19 prospects weren't in the organization in June, and the biggest name that's remained all along (Colson Montgomery) proved why he's one of the best shortstop prospects in baseball with a productive Arizona Fall League.

• Like 2

Rankings are meaningless until the Sox fix their development system and get at least one core competency. Historically, they have been bad at drafting, hitters never improve in their system, and their pitching development has been questionable at best.  Montgomery and Schultz gave me hope for their drafts, but picking Gonzalez collapsed that for me. For my money, they are one of the three worst orgs along with KC and Colorado until proven otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1