Sox Quote of the Day...December 30

Lip Man 1

I wonder if he said this with a straight face to DVS of the Sun-Times:

‘‘I put our team down on paper, and our lineup is pretty good. ‘We’re missing TA [Tim Anderson], and a healthy, good TA is hard to come by. But other than that, if we’re healthy, our lineup is pretty good. We just have to continue to address the pitching.’’ -- Pedro Grifol

2 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Is this is an actual quote from today, Lip Man?

If so, not only is Grifol a clueless corporate suckup sycophant, but the comment on pitching and how he likes the lineup is pretty much the nail in the coffin of getting any savages in trades. 

The quote was in a story today in the Sun-Times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I wonder if he said this with a straight face to DVS of the Sun-Times:

‘‘I put our team down on paper, and our lineup is pretty good. ‘We’re missing TA [Tim Anderson], and a healthy, good TA is hard to come by. But other than that, if we’re healthy, our lineup is pretty good. We just have to continue to address the pitching.’’ -- Pedro Grifol

Who is the rightfielder, second baseman and a decent MLB catcher?

• Haha 2

On 12/30/2023 at 12:07 PM, The Mighty Mite said:

Who is the rightfielder, second baseman and a decent MLB catcher?

There are question marks at SS and Benintendi was useless last year. Vaughn is almost useless. His miniscule offense barely outpaces his defensive liabilities. Eloy's in his own head refusing to adjust to being a full time DH. Moncada you just throw up your hands about him. Robert you just hope he can stay healthy and he should be very productive offensively but with the lineup around him he better start laying off pitches and taking walks. He's going to see a HUGE amount of pitches out of the strike zone.

Top 3 in the lineup should be Benintendi, Moncada then Robert just to try to take advantage of the top 2's ability to get on base. After that it's really bad.

• Like 1