Any news on Carl Everett?

SoxFan1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's about to experience a large drop in per year income. Some team may low ball him and get him to sign early, but I'd bet he falls into that slass of free agents that doesn't get a sniff until the big boys get out of the way and then the middle of the pack folks start signing.

Forkit!

Nowhere yet........ Free agents can't even be signed until Nov. 11.  But he will not be back with the Sox, that has been established.

I know he is not "GONE" yet. But if you look at it that way, EVERY free agent is "gone" until they're signed SOMEWHERE. Where has it been established that he is not coming back.

I know he is not "GONE" yet. But if you look at it that way, EVERY free agent is "gone" until they're signed SOMEWHERE. Where has it been established that he is not coming back.

He won't be back with Sox, that is a given. Have you heard about the Sox even talking about him, nope. He is as good as gone, better?

If you can't keep up, you'll have to look it up...... It has been reported in a multitude of sources that he will not be back and has even called KW and thanked him and wished him well.

I must have missed it. I haven't seen any talk on the boards about it.  Thanks for filling me in.

KW said a week or two after the season was over that he loved what Everett brought to the team but that he wouldn't be able to bring him back.

I think if the Sox deal Magglio, things would change, but as of now the Sox don't have any interest in bringing him back.

As far as his destination, I've heard Tampa.

Any news on whether or not he will be offered arbitration from the sox, cuz if he is they would get draft picks...but i doubt they will ( i can hope though )??? :usa

By the way, who do u all think the sox will offer arbitration in order to get draft picks if they cant come to a deal with the sox???

i'm guessing Bartolo Colon, Tom Gordon, Sandy Alomar, and Scott Sullivan this is only if the sox and them can't agree on a contract :usa

Any news on whether or not he will be offered arbitration from the sox, cuz if he is they would get draft picks...but i doubt they will ( i can hope though )??? :usa

By the way, who do u all think the sox will offer arbitration in order to get draft picks if they cant come to a deal with the sox???

i'm guessing Bartolo Colon, Tom Gordon, Sandy Alomar, and Scott Sullivan this is only if the sox and them can't agree on a contract :usa

If we offer him arbitration, he may very well go and accept it, then we'd be stuck with him.

My guess is they will offer arbitration to:

Colon and possibly Gordon. My guess is they will either sign the Alomars before then or go their separate ways (more likley with Robbie). I don't think they want to go to arbitration against Robbie after making $6 mil last year.

There is no way they offer it to Everett. They cannot offer it to Sullivan (I don't think) since they declined his option (I am assuming that, although I never saw it officially).

Did I miss anyone?

If we offer him arbitration, he may very well go and accept it, then we'd be stuck with him.

I wouldn't mind being "stuck" with him.

At $7-$9 million?? Puhlease

so if u decline a team option, u cannot get a draft pick for him...ok i wasnt sure...when would the sox have to offer all of these guys arbitration, soon or anytime b4 ST????

the only reason i would say that the sox could offer Sandy Arbitration is because there are teams out there that might want him ( florida if pudge leaves,Orioles?) and they could put burke as a backup in ,he wasnt bad..if he accepts, he gets $700,000 which is what he would get if he was signed......

What would you rather have, a declining Sandy for a year or 2, or two top 50 draft picks???....if he accepts no one gets hurt at all, if he doesn't than we get some prospects. :usa

so if u decline a team option, u cannot get a draft pick for him...ok i wasnt sure...when would the sox have to offer all of these guys arbitration, soon or anytime b4 ST????

the only reason i would say that the sox could offer Sandy Arbitration is because there are teams out there that might want him ( florida if pudge leaves,Orioles?) and they could put burke as a backup in ,he wasnt bad..if he accepts, he gets $700,000 which is what he would get if he was signed......

What would you rather have, a declining Sandy for a year or 2, or two top 50 draft picks???....if he accepts no one gets hurt at all, if he doesn't than we get some prospects. :usa

I don't think you would get compensation for a player that became a free agent because the team declined an option. I am not sure, but it would make sense that they do not.

The deadline for offering arbitration is sometime in December, I believe. I don't know the exact date, but it is sometime around the Winter Meetings (Dec. 11-14), if I recall correctly.

I believe they will agree to a contract with Sandy before that deadline. The same for Robby, I believe. I don't think arbitration will come into play for either. Just an opinion, not based on more than that.

I don't think that Sandy is a top tier FA either, so you wouldn't two picks for him. Can someone confirm or correct me on that?

Why do you assume that he will get 7-9?

Why do you assume that he will get 7-9?

He made $9 last year. His camp would not submit an arbitration figure much lower than that. The Sox couldn't go too much lower, for fear they would lose.

The way arbitration works is that both submit a figure and the arbitrator has to choose one or the other.

For example, if Everett's agent submitted $8 million and the Sox submitted $5 million, if the arbitrator felt that Everett was worth more than $5 he would be obligated to give him the $8 million. He can't "round down".

Granted, the owners have won the majority of arbitration cases the past few years, but that would not hold well if the figures are too far apart. The $7-$9 million I posted were just a guess, but to me, $6 mil is too much for him, based on his past numbers. Coming off a solid year, he would have more leverage in my opinion.