Koch

HighHeat45

Will Koch rebound next year?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Will Koch rebound next year?

• Yes
    • No
    • Wont be back next year so who cares

He had a total lack of control this season...It will continue into next.

Lack of control? I don't think so. He threw it right over the heart of the plate several times this year. :D

I think it was more or less no balls on the fastball. You can get a 92 or 93 MPH fastball by some AAAers....but that ball won't land for 5-10 minutes if you try to blow it past a major league hitter.

Yeah, control definately wasnt the issue, unfortunately too many times he knew how to throw it right where he wanted to. But when you do so at only 93 MPH, in Alan Embree-straight like fashon, you are gnona get pounded. I was one of the few people that was on Koch's side all year, and I think that as long as he doesnt pick up a baseball until February, he will be back. I see a 3.40 ERA, 35 Saves.

CubKilla Posted on Nov 6 2003, 09:29 AM

I can't belive half of the people that answered this poll on the board think Botch will return to form 

Believe it. Too many people think that throwing 100 mph means you're a good pitcher. Billy was never a good pitcher, he just threw hard and got away with it for a while. If he ever gets movement on his fastball and he can locate it, then I'll start to get excited about him as a closer. Until then, he will be what we saw last year.