Colon rumor

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that a possible deal for Colon would tip the collective opinion on the sox' chances for the season in a favorable direction. With this team right now, there are so many of us on the fence...I think the team is good, but Colon is a proven Ace and bump alot of fencesitters (myself included) off the fence. As to the price we'd have to pay, i agree that the asking price is sliding down a bit, especially if the BoSox are too far apart. Hopefully, Kenny can bite the bullet and put himself on the line for the fans.

First post btw, so i wanted to know how the avatars work. I tried adding one but the picture didn't show up. Thanks in advance.

I think that a possible deal for Colon would tip the collective opinion on the sox' chances for the season in a favorable direction.  With this team right now, there are so many of us on the fence...I think the team is good, but Colon is a proven Ace and bump alot of fencesitters (myself included) off the fence. As to the price we'd have to pay, i agree that the asking price is sliding down a bit, especially if the BoSox are too far apart.  Hopefully, Kenny can bite the bullet and put himself on the line for the fans.

First post btw, so i wanted to know how the avatars work.  I tried adding one but the picture didn't show up.  Thanks in advance.

First off welcome aboard Urbana.

Secondly if you want to add an avatar just hit my controls, then hit edit avatar settings. Then you can either copy the source of an image from your site or wherever the image comes from, or go to the box below and take one off your computer.

If the graphic is too big, then it won't work.

Also, if you want you can pick the size of it, and the max is 125 by 125 so if yours is a bit bigger, just put in 125 by 125.

If you need any help, just give me the link and I'll set it up for you.

I think that a possible deal for Colon would tip the collective opinion on the sox' chances for the season in a favorable direction.  With this team right now, there are so many of us on the fence...I think the team is good, but Colon is a proven Ace and bump alot of fencesitters (myself included) off the fence. As to the price we'd have to pay, i agree that the asking price is sliding down a bit, especially if the BoSox are too far apart.  Hopefully, Kenny can bite the bullet and put himself on the line for the fans.

First post btw, so i wanted to know how the avatars work.  I tried adding one but the picture didn't show up.  Thanks in advance.

welcome and you have a great point about the fencesitter. btw love the avatar.

I think that a possible deal for Colon would tip the collective opinion on the sox' chances for the season in a favorable direction.  With this team right now, there are so many of us on the fence...I think the team is good, but Colon is a proven Ace and bump alot of fencesitters (myself included) off the fence.   As to the price we'd have to pay, i agree that the asking price is sliding down a bit, especially if the BoSox are too far apart.  Hopefully, Kenny can bite the bullet and put himself on the line for the fans.

First post btw, so i wanted to know how the avatars work.  I tried adding one but the picture didn't show up.  Thanks in advance.

Thanks LDF, actually i was looking for a Jaime Navarro picture, but i felt that this picture is an accurate depiction of his current status. lol

I think that a possible deal for Colon would tip the collective opinion on the sox' chances for the season in a favorable direction.  With this team right now, there are so many of us on the fence...I think the team is good, but Colon is a proven Ace and bump alot of fencesitters (myself included) off the fence.   As to the price we'd have to pay, i agree that the asking price is sliding down a bit, especially if the BoSox are too far apart.  Hopefully, Kenny can bite the bullet and put himself on the line for the fans.

First post btw, so i wanted to know how the avatars work.  I tried adding one but the picture didn't show up.  Thanks in advance.

Thanks LDF, actually i was looking for a Jaime Navarro picture, but i felt that this picture is an accurate depiction of his current status. lol

Now Now..he's working on a comeback in one of the winter leagues. Has like a 4.19 era right now. Hopefully he can convince the Twins he's good enough.

Now Now..he's working on a comeback in one of the winter leagues. Has like a 4.19 era right now. Hopefully he can convince the Twins he's good enough.

too bad that the klayton was resign, or else you can use it for him.

the real question is who would you see traded to mont for colon. i mean in the sp sense.

then who would you see go from the minors.

Thankfully I'm not the GM so I don't have to make these deals and get roasted by Loyal fans such as yourself ;) But seriously, for Colon I think there are two deals possible. If we were sure to sign colon to a 3 year deal after the trade, give em Wright, Harris, and Malone. If the Sox don't want to sign him long term, maybe the sox will take back malone, but the Expos add Tatis' contract...it would relieve Montreal of paroll and the sox would only have to take a one year payroll hike for a shot this year. What do you think?

And Chi, ure right, i'll lay off Jaime...

"A little late for Lenny" ~ Lenny

the real question is who would you see traded to mont for colon. i mean in the sp sense.

then who would you see go from the minors.

Thankfully I'm not the GM so I don't have to make these deals and get roasted by Loyal fans such as yourself ;) But seriously, for Colon I think there are two deals possible. If we were sure to sign colon to a 3 year deal after the trade, give em Wright, Harris, and Malone. If the Sox don't want to sign him long term, maybe the sox will take back malone, but the Expos add Tatis' contract...it would relieve Montreal of paroll and the sox would only have to take a one year payroll hike for a shot this year. What do you think?

And Chi, ure right, i'll lay off Jaime...

"A little late for Lenny" ~ Lenny

before i spout off on my list of who i am willing to let go, i will wait until others post there stuff.

but i would really hate to give up one of our sp.

Magglio, Buehrle, Borchard, Crede, Garland should all be considered untouchable, with Rauch very close to being in that catagory. Depending on the deal, anyone else could be considered, IMHO. Keeping those guys in mind as not part of the deal, it would be difficult to speculate on what it would take to get Colon or Vasquez. And if they insisted on one of them, I'd say no thanks.

cali what is that under your name, it looks neat.

It the logo for the upcoming project "The Devin Townsend Band" if you look closely you can see the initials "dtb" in the logo. Since they have no previous albums, I can't describe what kind of band they are, but the man in charge, Devin Townsend, has put out a s***load of albums that I dig. You can read more about him and his projects here:

Devin Townsend

I like Konerko a lot.  Good in the clubhouse and on the field. But I wouldn't consider him untouchable, strictly because it's not that difficult to find 1B's with a good stick.

Addition note on the 'Spos pitchers.  Check out Rozner's column in the Daily Herald.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_rozner.asp

you know what caught myattention, this little statement. >>>>>>>>> Bartolo Colon and Javier Vazquez

they may have a deal to get both pitcher?

wow, i wonder what the price is going to be.

Magglio, Buehrle, Borchard, Crede, Garland should all be considered untouchable, with Rauch very close to being in that catagory.  Depending on the deal, anyone else could be considered, IMHO.  Keeping those guys in mind as not part of the deal, it would be difficult to speculate on what it would take to get Colon or Vasquez.  And if they insisted on one of them, I'd say no thanks.

I'd like to include Honel in that list.

Also, Borchard wouldn't be untoucheable if it landed us Dunn or Vladdy :)

Magglio, Buehrle, Borchard, Crede, Garland should all be considered untouchable, with Rauch very close to being in that catagory.  Depending on the deal, anyone else could be considered, IMHO.  Keeping those guys in mind as not part of the deal, it would be difficult to speculate on what it would take to get Colon or Vasquez.  And if they insisted on one of them, I'd say no thanks.

I'd like to include Honel in that list.

Also, Borchard wouldn't be untoucheable if it landed us Dunn or Vladdy :)

OK, I'll have to agree with you on that one. :)

I like Konerko a lot.  Good in the clubhouse and on the field.   But I wouldn't consider him untouchable, strictly because it's not that difficult to find 1B's with a good stick.

Addition note on the 'Spos pitchers.  Check out Rozner's column in the Daily Herald.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_rozner.asp

you know what caught myattention, this little statement. >>>>>>>>> Bartolo Colon and Javier Vazquez

they may have a deal to get both pitcher?

wow, i wonder what the price is going to be.

Yes, I did a double take when I saw that in the column. I might even let Garland go in a deal for both of them.

Latest Update

I heard today on the radio from one of the beat people that the owners are talking and are having a meeting to force the Expos to get their payroll down and they'll have 3 days to do it.

That means Vazquez and Colon must go and the Marlins are supposedly out of the race as are the Red Sox, although both still must be considered as possibilities.

Still...this makes me even more excited, cause when your forced to make a deal and everyone knows it, it means they won't get as good of value.