Colon rumor

Latest Update

I heard today on the radio from one of the beat people that the owners are talking and are having a meeting to force the Expos to get their payroll down and they'll have 3 days to do it.

That means Vazquez and Colon must go and the Marlins are supposedly out of the race as are the Red Sox, although both still must be considered as possibilities.

Still...this makes me even more excited, cause when your forced to make a deal and everyone knows it, it means they won't get as good of value.

then lets give them something of value and get these two.

my dream is if this does happen, them i would be willing to even throw in clee and cash with the package, trade colon to cincy for dunn and 2 prospect.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest Update

I heard today on the radio from one of the beat people that the owners are talking and are having a meeting to force the Expos to get their payroll down and they'll have 3 days to do it.

That means Vazquez and Colon must go and the Marlins are supposedly out of the race as are the Red Sox, although both still must be considered as possibilities.

Still...this makes me even more excited, cause when your forced to make a deal and everyone knows it, it means they won't get as good of value.

then lets give them something of value and get these two.

my dream is if this does happen, them i would be willing to even throw in clee and cash with the package, trade colon to cincy for dunn and 2 prospect.

i can live with taitis at 3b b/c we have that stud prospect at 3b in the minors.

Latest Update

and to give your story some backing:

Marlins officially pull the plug on deal

Latest Update

and to give your story some backing:

Marlins officially pull the plug on deal

wow, this must mean we have to be in the forefront in the derby in getting them.

can we honestly get both pitchers from the expo

wow, this must mean we have to be in the forefront in the derby in getting them.

Yes, we can.

I would do a Garland/Liefer/Glover/Diaz/Stewart/cash for Vazquez/Colon....and if we wanted to and JR wasn't such a cheapass, we could probably keep Garland, Diaz and Stewart and put Biddle in there if we took on Tatis's salary.

Damn.....I gotta remember not to get excited. This deal could make us as Sox fans act like Cubs fans....take it slowly.

Yes, we can.

I would do a Garland/Liefer/Glover/Diaz/Stewart/cash for Vazquez/Colon....and if we wanted to and JR wasn't such a cheapass, we could probably keep Garland, Diaz and Stewart and put Biddle in there if we took on Tatis's salary.

i wouldn't give up on garland i would give them wright instead. and the rest is fine with me :). This could very well happen. We should get atleast one of them.

Latest Update

If this happens and their value drops a lot I think alot of other teams will jump into the race to get these guys.

i wouldn't give up on garland i would give them wright instead. and the rest is fine with me :). This could very well happen. We should get atleast one of them.

I like Garland a hell of a lot....but he is younger and put up better numbers than Wright last year. If we gave them Wright over Garland, we'd probably have to give them Biddle too or another prospect...I'd consider giving them Jon Adkins or Franklin Francisco.

I'm fine with either deal....I figure the Expos would rather have Garland than Wright....but I'm not Omar Minaya, so who the hell knows.

Remember though....no one get you hopes up. This IS the White Sox we are dealing with.

I like Garland a hell of a lot....but he is younger and put up better numbers than Wright last year. If we gave them Wright over Garland, we'd probably have to give them Biddle too or another prospect...I'd consider giving them Jon Adkins or Franklin Francisco.

I'm fine with either deal....I figure the Expos would rather have Garland than Wright....but I'm not Omar Minaya, so who the hell knows.

Remember though....no one get you hopes up. This IS the White Sox we are dealing with.

according to some, the superstar in the making jon adkins should be enuf to swing the trade in our favor, wouldn't you think. :lol:

but we can take a the hit in ref to minor league prospect, the sCrubs, oak, sd and cle have a basket fulls of prospect to throw to the expos.

so the question is will we give up prospect such as rauch, honel, jb and majors like garland or wright for them?

LDF.....the Scrubs rotation has already been made....as has the A's. SD and Cleveland don't want to add any money to their payroll.

The only team that has a legit shot at getting Colon before us is Cinci....and I don't think they have the talent to spare....their players/prospects are either too good or are not good enough to trade for Colon.

I think we are the only team that is really in the Colon race....us and maybe, maybe, maybe Baltimore.

LDF.....the Scrubs rotation has already been made....as has the A's.  SD and Cleveland don't want to add any money to their payroll.

The only team that has a legit shot at getting Colon before us is Cinci....and I don't think they have the talent to spare....their players/prospects are either too good or are not good enough to trade for Colon.

I think we are the only team that is really in the Colon race....us and maybe, maybe, maybe Baltimore.

ref to the other teams, what would be a sweet deal is if some of the players they have after the trade can be use for a future trade with some other team later, addressing other needs.

but i hope that you are right.

I think when they delt Dessens....... the dealt their chance of making that deal.

Dessens could have been the corner stone to their packege.

With a little research(the correct term is logical guessing, but research sounded better :D ), I've come to the conclusion that only about 5 teams have a shot at Colon, however big or small it is.

The 5 teams are the Red Sox, the White Sox, the Orioles, the Rangers and the Reds. The Red Sox could have a trade made that involves Casey Fossum and Shea Hillenbrand, but the odds of that happening are slim to none, because Theo has said that he doesn't want to trade Fossum. The Orioles still have a shot because they have some decent talent at the big league level and could trade a pitcher like Jason Johnson along with, say, Jay Gibbons and Montreal would eat that trade for breakfast. However, Gibbons is about their #3 hitter or so and with the way Baltimore's offense sucked last year, it would devastate it to take out one of the bigger bats. The Rangers could use starting pitching and they have some decent talent to give up...plain and simple. I'm not sure how much is on their current payroll right now however. The Reds have some decent pitchers(ie Ryan Dempster) that they could give up to get Colon, but the Expos would ask for more than just Dempster.

This is where we come in....we could give them a package of Biddle, Stewart, Glover, Liefer and we could be nice(if you want to call it that) and give them Josh Paul as well, for Colon...we could take on Barret for them if they wanted, but they probably wouldn't.

However, a package of Biddle, Paul, Glover, Liefer and Stewart for Bartolo Colon, one-sided as it is, would work for me....we get a starting pitcher without losing much depth from anywhere....we give up 1, possibly 2 starters, a mediocre catcher, a good reliever and a could-be 1B/OF guy. This blows away any other offer and actually doesn't kill us in the end, like the Ritchie trade did(I still can't get over that, and it happened a year ago...that has got to be one of the worst moments in White Sox history, right along side the Black Sox scandal :D). No team can match this without sacrificing the farm.

I'd say we could do this deal easily...very easily.

With a little research(the correct term is logical guessing, but research sounded better  :D ), I've come to the conclusion that only about 5 teams have a shot at Colon, however big or small it is.

The 5 teams are the Red Sox, the White Sox, the Orioles, the Rangers and the Reds.  The Red Sox could have a trade made that involves Casey Fossum and Shea Hillenbrand, but the odds of that happening are slim to none, because Theo has said that he doesn't want to trade Fossum.  The Orioles still have a shot because they have some decent talent at the big league level and could trade a pitcher like Jason Johnson along with, say, Jay Gibbons and Montreal would eat that trade for breakfast.  However, Gibbons is about their #3 hitter or so and with the way Baltimore's offense sucked last year, it would devastate it to take out one of the bigger bats.  The Rangers could use starting pitching and they have some decent talent to give up...plain and simple.  I'm not sure how much is on their current payroll right now however.  The Reds have some decent pitchers(ie Ryan Dempster) that they could give up to get Colon, but the Expos would ask for more than just Dempster.

This is where we come in....we could give them a package of Biddle, Stewart, Glover, Liefer and we could be nice(if you want to call it that) and give them Josh Paul as well, for Colon...we could take on Barret for them if they wanted, but they probably wouldn't. 

However, a package of Biddle, Paul, Glover, Liefer and Stewart for Bartolo Colon, one-sided as it is, would work for me....we get a starting pitcher without losing much depth from anywhere....we give up 1, possibly 2 starters, a mediocre catcher, a good reliever and a could-be 1B/OF guy.  This blows away any other offer and actually doesn't kill us in the end, like the Ritchie trade did(I still can't get over that, and it happened a year ago...that has got to be one of the worst moments in White Sox history, right along side the Black Sox scandal :D).  No team can match this without sacrificing the farm.

I'd say we could do this deal easily...very easily.

Helluva post.............. aren't trade rumors fun? :D

Key word there is most....nothing gave me a higher high on the season coming back from 8-0 on the Cubs....after we went down 8-0, my brother(who is a follower of the f***in Twins) said that the game was over. I just basically told him there was plenty of time left....and did I show him up or what. That was the game of the century for the Sox right there....then again, the century is only 3 years old! :D