cell phone plans

sox4lifeinPA

Hands down Verizon is the best cell phone company out there. I just switched from Tmobile to it. I got the national plan cause I do a lot of long distance calling and I also get out of the state a few times a year and not having to pay roaming is so worth it.

THe plan I have is a little expensive, 50 bucks a month, but I get plenty of minutes, unlimited nights and weekends. I also get free cell to cell with other Verizon people. Most people I know have Verizon and those minutes get taken out first, then my anytime minutes get taken. Plus Verizon is the largest cell company out there by far so your more likely to talk to people on it.

It is 10 bucks more then the plan I had with Tmobile for basically the same stuff, but I do get unlimited text to text and picture messages (They f'd up on porting my number so they gave me a camera phone for 30 bucks...well 80 until I get my 50 dollar rebate check). Its more then worth it though, the extra 10 bucks, cause I can now use my cell at home. In the past I couldn't hear anyone that called me when I was at home and most everyone just calls my cell.

I've had Tmobile, ATT, and Cingular prior and this is by far the best cell phone coverage i've ever had. But like I say it depends on your area. I should add that I use the cell quite a bit for work and stuff..it would be cheaper depending on your useage.

I heard that in January Verizon will be lowering their prices cause right now they are one of the more expensive companies.

On a sidenote...I never realized how cool this camera phone stuff is. I'm sure I'll get tired of it, but I take random pictures and just send it to friends for the hell of it. Plus when you get a call from your friends you can put up some type of picture of them and all that.

Pretty cool...I figured for 30 bucks what the hell.

Verizon sucks. Dropped calls galore, sometimes I will have to dial an area code for a specific number other times I won't for the same number from the same spot (local call) I'll call from house and hear welcome to the cellular one network please dial an area code, other times from the same spot I'll stay on Verizons and the call will just go through normal.

I also have a phone on cingular and it sucks along the border. I'll be flopped to the Mexico cell system but my Verizon works fine. But further into the US I'll get great coverage from cingular.

I'm looking at a new plan. Anyone think there's a best one out there? Anyone work for a company, wink wink, nudge nudge, and can get me a good deal?

:bringit

PA, finally giving up the rotatry phone. Go slow take it easy. Get to know your phone before "flipping it open". Develop a nice relationship then use and abuse. :D

I'm looking at a new plan. Anyone think there's a best one out there? Anyone work for a company, wink wink, nudge nudge, and can get me a good deal?

:bringit

Too bad you can't(or can you) get the great US Cellular...you know they're rated high for their customer support :rolleyes: :lol:

I have Cingular which works great while I'm at home...to bad there is no Cingulars where I am in Michigan. People who call me have to go through extended service which sucks for them.

I to have Cingular...I'm not a big cell phone guy...just got Cingular cause it was convenient at the time...Don't know who or what Co. has the best prices.. :huh:

I to have Cingular...I'm not a big cell phone guy...just got Cingular cause it was convenient at the time...Don't know who or what Co. has the best prices.. :huh:

I'm the same way. I just got a phone that works under Centennial. I'm not even sure if this company even goes outside of Indiana. If anything, it just covers the Midwest.

PA, finally giving up the rotatry phone. Go slow take it easy. Get to know your phone before "flipping it open". Develop a nice relationship then use and abuse.  :D

yeah, my problem is that my phone cheated on me with my washing machine. all sorts of messy, and I'm just about to switch services.

so I'm looking into ATT, cingular, and verizon.