free agent list

aboz56

Their are plenty of good players available and a good amount of pitching depth as well as bullpen depth. I'd look for the Sox to sign one front line starter as well as a reliever. They will only sign the reliever if they dump Keith. Also, if they dump Caballo, look for them to sign a lower price outfielder.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I'd take Clemens or plenty of relievers.  I'll go through it a little later when I'm not on my lunch break and home from work.

I personally don't think our pen is gonna be too bad next season Chisoxfn. A starter is what this team needs. I'm starting to sound like a broken-friggen-record. If this team made no moves this offseason other than acquiring an above-average starter, I'd be happy. Maybe a catcher too. Rowand can cover CF until Borchard is ready, keep Manos and put Jimenez at 2B, and, hopefully, the injury-theorists are correct when discussing Big Frank. Injuries notwithstanding, we're gonna have a pretty good team.

I agree with you. We are going to have a good pen, I'd just like to see us having Keith Foulke in it and if we don't have him, I'd like to see us bring in a good left handed reliever cause I doubt Kelly Wunsch and Mike Porzio.

Guys I don't doubt are Joe Valentine, Gary Glover, Osuna, Marte and Foulke.

Barring serious injuries we should have an exceptional bullpen.

We can easily afford them. Remember, we are losing 6 mill or so from Ray. Another 4.5 mill from Royce, then more money from Howry as well as Alomar and Lofton's deals.

I'd say we are getting near 14 million back from last year. Plus, Ritchie will be getting a pay cut, Parque will be gone, and that means somewhere around 16.5 million less.

Of course JR won't spend anywhere near that, but you also have to look and think that one of Frank, Lee and Foulke may be gone and any of them would add another 4mill-10mill saved.

Plus, JR will be getting more money this year after all is set and done.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

We all know Clemens option isn't going to be picked up and he will become a free agent.

It's HIS CHOICE!

Roger Clemens RHP NYY Signed Aug 2000 - 2 years/$30.9M

2001: $7.8M (+$5.0M signing bonus paid over 2 years)

2002: $7.8M

2003: Player option $10.3M or $10.3M buyout

2004: Team option $7.2M

Originally posted by LDF

does anyone have the numbers what the team salary is going to be at the beginning of next yr as it would stand now. of course minus the players we got rid off?

It's at 34.5 million if Lee, Thomas, Foulke, and Ordonez are on the Sox next year. Of course if Frank gets the clause invoked it's less.

Originally posted by Mr. Showtime
Originally posted by LDF

does anyone have the numbers what the team salary is going to be at the beginning of next yr as it would stand now. of course minus the players we got rid off?

It's at 34.5 million if Lee, Thomas, Foulke, and Ordonez are on the Sox next year. Of course if Frank gets the clause invoked it's less.

with a 34 mil payroll, we can afford to get a 10 + addition and the positive results will be 2 fold. the winning record we will get will be worth it and the fans will come.