what about moving c. lee to 1b

soxfan420

He had improved so much in left field that I'd hate to move him again unless we had to.  I'll bet he could do it since he has played 3rd in the minors.  Can C Lee be our backup to Crede?

The whole thought of our best offensive player last year being a bench guy backing up crede is rediculus... Carlos played harder than anyone last year, and if it wasnt for Loaiza, he would have been our team mvp.... He's been doing great in LF the last 2 years, except for maybe domes such as minnesota and toronto, basically error free, webgem play every night from the big fella....

soooo anywayyyss...

Go sox 2004 + #45!

Oh No! I want him to remain the White Sox starter in Left Field and I do not want him traded. That's what I meant when I said:

He had improved so much in left field that I'd hate to move him again unless we had to.

What I meant when I asked if he could be Crede's back up at 3d is with Tony G probably not coming back there will not be many players on the Sox who have played 3rd. Valentin has but I'll bet he gets traded. I'll admit, I have not gone through the Sox roster to check to see if anyone else had ever played third. I want Carlos Lee to remain our left fielder. I thought he made great defensive improvements. I just wondered if Carlos had enough skill at third to play it if Crede were to get injured and not be able to play for a game or two. I realize that KW will probably add someone to our bench that will actually be Crede's backup. I was just curious if Carlos could do it. Maybe someone on this board might have seen him play 3rd and say "why yes he was a barely adequate minor league 3rd baseman but he could fill in for a few innings." Or perhaps someone on this board knows a database of scouting reports and could link us to a report that might say "Carlos Lee embarasses himself at 3rd base it would be inhumane to play him there ever again"

Yes, if Carlos Lee's only roll on the White Sox was Joe Crede's backup, that would be stupid.

It's been a while since Carlos has been playing on the infield.  It took him a long time to get to being the more-than-acceptable left fielder that he has become.  I don't want him to be moved elsewhere on the field, since it will take another period of time for him to get used to his new position.  He's improved on his play in left field every year, so he should be allowed to continue improving and being the great player that he is.

Yeah right. You just like him in LF because bleacher seats are cheaper then regular seats, and you get a nice shot of his ass(did I just say that?) from out there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do agree though. Keep Lee in LF, try Frank at 1B and if his throwing problems kill us that much, move him back to DH. You then have him just to a continual switch between 1B and DH so he plays half and half. It's about as simple as that.

Gload is a typical AAAA player, and we have two of them (Rowand and Harris) probably slotted into our lineup already. No way I want to go into the season with a weaker lineup than the Detoilet Tigers.

Gload - a nice bench player. A starter? No way in hell.

I would imagine that Jose Valentin is our backup at 3B, with Uribe put in his place at shortstop.

As for Harris & Rowand being just AAAA players. We don't know yet what they can do on a regular basis. They may or mey not be, but it is unfair to label them so. Now Gload very well may be, since he's had a couple of shots in the past. Whether they were legitimate shots or not, I don't know. But, hey, he might just be a late bloomer and could possibly give us a solid year at 1B.

I would imagine that Jose Valentin is our backup at 3B, with Uribe put in his place at shortstop.

As for Harris & Rowand being just AAAA players.  We don't know yet what they can do on a regular basis.  They may or mey not be, but it is unfair to label them so.  Now Gload very well may be, since he's had a couple of shots in the past.  Whether they were legitimate shots or not, I don't know.  But, hey, he might just be a late bloomer and could possibly give us a solid year at 1B.

Gload prob deserves a chance in the majors, not startin, but he deserves a chance. There's some in the White Sox organisation who think very highly of him as well.