Who's at fault for the delayed Konerko deal?

maggsmaggs

Who's at fault for the delayed Konerko deal?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who's at fault for the delayed Konerko deal?

• Dan Evans (wanting more)
    • Ken Williams(wanting more)
    • Konerko (he sucks and no one wants him)
    • Like any other trade takes time
    • Newspapers make trade seems more of a possibilty than it is

Well if there is any truth to the Kevin Brown rumor, then it is most likely both the Sox and Dodgers delaying equally.

Both teams seem like they are waiting for some free agents to get signed, arbitration offered, etc.

I expect that after Dec 7th we will have a much better picture of what is going on.

SB

Well, I only hope that trade for kevin brown will happen but what about the dodgers? they all ready have a short stop izitrous or whatever his name is allready the starter. Where would valentin play, I am assuming that izitrous would have to be involved in this also.

With that trade and the sox and dodgers practicly swaping players becaues the money is almost the same give or take a few dollars. and with the slight hope of bartolo signing with us as a last resort. Our rotation would be one of the best in the majors with 1.Loaiza, Colon, Brown, Buerhle, and garland as our starters. HEck it is ok to dream right?

BJ, I think you could get Bartolo goodbye in that instance, although you right, that would be sweet.

As far as the Konerko deal, fact is Evans didn't want to make the move. Sure the papers reported it early, but its their job to report those type of things because we want to read that kind of stuff.

A deal isn't final until its announced, snags can always come up...in this case I think the media jumped to conclusions thinking Evans would force himself to accepting.

I think Dan wants to first see if he can find a way to get Nomar (Everything I've heard on the radio says Anaheim is the front runner to get him in exchange for prospects) and then if he can move Brown.

your probably right because you get to hear that stuff all day long in cali. You know everything about the deals with dodgers and angels. Stuff that we can;t hear in chicago, that is why it is good that you can fill us in when us chicagoans start to get ahead of ourselves. Hey what have you heard about colon and the angels? any good info?

Nothing has been mentioned out here on Colon and hte Angels. The LA TIMES has yet to verify any offer from what I've read and the talk stations have been very quiet about it.

Garret Anderson has recently rejected two multi year packages and they are still negotiating on a long term deal with him. The Angels also plan to get into the Vlad sweepstakes and are the front runners to get Nomar. LOoks like they won't pursue Tejada/Matsui but I wouldn't quite look past them jumping in and outbidding Seattle, soley to keep him from Seattle.

If the Angels sign Anderson and then get Nomar, then I don't think they have a chance in hell at signing Colon.

To me the Angels are in about as bad of shape as the Sox when it comse to dumb contracts, actually worse. They have Appier, Sele, Salmon and Erstad on the books for over 40 mill.

Brown's health is always a question...But I'm willing to take that chance because he is lights out when his stuff is there...I believe he has a no trade clause and would accept a trade to the Yanks...Don't know what he thinks about wanting to come here...

I think he told the Dodgers that he wants to go to the East coats or at least closer to that. I forget where his family lives, but Florida comes to mind.

Chicago would definately be closer.

Wow, that's all?  The only thing scares me w/ Brown is injuries, but he did pitch in 32 games this season.  He had a low 17 in 2002, 20 in 2001, but other than that he's averaged 30+.

I think this is Rogers speculating. I do agree that it would be a good move.

Well, I only hope that trade for kevin brown will happen but what about the dodgers? they all ready have a short stop izitrous or whatever his name is allready the starter. Where would valentin play, I am assuming that izitrous would have to be involved in this also.

With that trade and the sox and dodgers practicly swaping players becaues the money is almost the same give or take a few dollars. and with the slight hope of bartolo signing with us as a last resort. Our rotation would be one of the best in the majors with 1.Loaiza, Colon, Brown, Buerhle, and garland as our starters.  HEck it is ok to dream right?

Izturis cannot hit a beachball of a tee. LA wants (and needs) offense. That is the biggest thing. One of the two could be moved to 2B, or even throw Jose in the OF if they're feeling lucky.

For Brown yeah Konerko and Jose, but probably a guy like Borchard who is from the West coast and the Dodges would hope being close to home would help his game. I would do the trade because this doesn't effect the Colon sweepstakes if Maggs is dealt and then

Brown ($15 million)

Colon ($12 million)

Buerhle(around $2-3 million through arbitration)

Loaiza($5 million)

Garland($2.3 million something)

$36 million staff I would take a pricer pitching staff and reduce the pen and hitting

Can you say awesome (and better than Cubs/Yanks/Red Sox)--AL Central Champs no doubt

:cheers :bringit

Adding to this the rest of the payroll would be as follows

Lineup

1b-Thomas/Gload (combined $5.5 million)

2b-Harris ($ 500,000)

ss-Uribe ($ 500,000)

3b-Crede($ 500,000)

C-Olivo/Alomar Jr. (combined $1.25 million)

Of-Rowand/Reed/Lee (combined $8 million)

$20 million

Pen

C-Koch ($5million)

SU-Marte($ 500,000)

Su-Sully($2 million)

MR-Munoz($500,000

LR-Wright ($ 500,000)

$8.5 million

Spend extras on Free Agents for Line-up/Bullpen

Brown's health is always a question...But I'm willing to take that chance because he is lights out when his stuff is there...I believe he has a no trade clause and would accept a trade to the Yanks...Don't know what he thinks about wanting to come here...

kevin Brown would be awesome but I still am uncomfortable with the idea of the Big Skirt playing first for us.

For Brown yeah Konerko and Jose, but probably a guy like Borchard who is from the West coast and the Dodges would hope being close to home would help his game.  I would do the trade because this doesn't effect the Colon sweepstakes if Maggs is dealt and then

Brown ($15 million)

Colon ($12 million)

Buerhle(around $2-3 million through arbitration)

Loaiza($5 million)

Garland($2.3 million something)

$36 million staff I would take a pricer pitching staff and reduce the pen and hitting

Can you say awesome (and better than Cubs/Yanks/Red Sox)--AL Central Champs no doubt

:cheers :bringit

If we give Colon $12 mill, I am going to be totally pissed. He is worth $10 TOPS, and more around $8 mill.

And BTW, no offense or anything, but that pen that you had in your second post, would get throttled. I would only have confidence in Marte and Sullivan, and even then, I would have little confidence in Sullivan against lefties. As Jas said, a strong pen is necessary.

Don't be cheap on the pen. That is so key in this era of baseball. You got to have a strong pen to go deep if you ask me.

For two reasons : 1. You need guys to hold down the opponent, since not many starters go past 7 innings anymore. 2. We have Garland and Schoenweiss possibly as two of our starters, and we will need a strong bullpen to clean up should either of them get rocked early in games (which I can see happening, as you can too, I'm sure).