Weaver for Brown

southsider2k5

It's not out of the question he'll win 10 to 15 games for LA if he gets offensive support.

That team STINKS at run production. They are the worst in baseball, and the worst in about 30 years. They have done nothing to help their offense, and are too strapped for cash to do anything. Weaver will either be sent down to the minors at some point, or he'll be killed. He doesn't have the "great stuff" to shut other team's offenses down, and his team can't score 10 runs in a week. I truly think he'll be horrible record-wise. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at 6-16 for the year, if not worse.

But it's nothing a few doobies can't alleviate.

It's not out of the question he'll win 10 to 15 games for LA if he gets offensive support.

That team STINKS at run production.  They are the worst in baseball, and the worst in about 30 years. They have done nothing to help their offense, and are too strapped for cash to do anything.  Weaver will either be sent down to the minors at some point, or he'll be killed.  He doesn't have the "great stuff" to shut other team's offenses down, and his team can't score 10 runs in a week.  I truly think he'll be horrible record-wise.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him at 6-16 for the year, if not worse.

But it's nothing a few doobies can't alleviate.

I really think they'll hav to trade Edwin Jackson or Greg Miller to get an offensive stud for that lineup. Possibly Huff from Tampa Bay.

DB,

A local radio station here in Chicago had Dan Evans on Sunday morning, and he made it very clear that unless they get a "oh my God offer," Edwin Jackson isn't going anywhere.

I think an Audrey Huff would be an "oh my god" offer for them. He's 3 years from havin arbitration so he'll come cheap. I think Tampa Bay would be crazy to deal him. Besides those 2, I don't really see what they can offa in a trade. Isturis and Mota would be the 2 most likely guys along with Odalis Perez, and sum prospect pitcher Hanharan? has been discussed as well.

Even though they have a "strained" past, I don't see why Evans and Williams can't sit down as adults and hammer out some deals. At some point, you have to put aside differences and just realize that you are both businessmen, and that you can help each other.

Yes, I know Kenny was made to be a fool with the whole "Barry/Berry" debacle, but that's old news.

They want to get rid of Odalis Perez, and we want to get rid of Paul Konerko. They can afford a little extra salary, while we can't. Just get the deal done, guys. Grow up and grow a pair and get the job done. PLEASE.

Even though they have a "strained" past, I don't see why Evans and Williams can't sit down as adults and hammer out some deals.  At some point, you have to put aside differences and just realize that you are both businessmen, and that you can help each other.

Yes, I know Kenny was made to be a fool with the whole "Barry/Berry" debacle, but that's old news. 

They want to get rid of Odalis Perez, and we want to get rid of Paul Konerko.  They can afford a little extra salary, while we can't.  Just get the deal done, guys.  Grow up and grow a pair and get the job done.  PLEASE.

Perez for Konerko seems like a perfect match up to me. We want pitching, they want hitting. Konerko and Perez both had bad years after performing well in 2002.

Exactly.  You trade us your underachiever for our underachiever.  We need starting pitching, and they need offense.  Perez is as likely to rebound as Kong is, so I see no reason not to like the trade. It is a risk for both teams, but it's a good risk.

We'd have the deal done by now. Evans and Williams should both be fired. :lol:

Perez for Konerko seems like a perfect match up to me.  We want pitching, they want hitting.  Konerko and Perez both had bad years after performing well in 2002.

Still I think Dan Evans thinks he can do betta than just Paul Konerko for Odalis Perez. Pitchin wins, simple as that.

He needs offense like a heroin addict needs a spoon, liquid, and a syringe. Even with Paul's bad half-season last year, his POTENTIAL is a hell of lot more appealing than what he will trot out at 1B next season unless he wants to try signing Fred McBrokegriff again, or stick Todd Hundley at 1st. He should look at the big picture.

Plus, Paul would be back "home." A nice feelgood story. Pull the trigger Evans, or someone might pull the trigger on you!

It didn't win in LA last season. And that is a fact.

Mayb not in the regular support where u do need run support, but in da postseason Josh Beckett and Andy Pettite dominated and won many playoff games for their respective teams.

Interestin read this from da Trib,

While Buehrle's immediate future became clear, Thomas' grew somewhat muddled after ESPN reported that a three-team deal had been discussed that would have sent The Big Hurt to Los Angeles, the Yankees' Jeff Weaver to the Sox and the Dodgers' Kevin Brown to New York.

Even before it appeared Thursday that the deal would be limited to Brown and Weaver, Sox general manager Ken Williams squelched the rumor in two words—"not true,"—and added: "There was a proposal but I shot it down. I'm disappointed that an overture of that nature was leaked and became public."

The fact teams even have inquired about Thomas raises questions about whether the Sox, who are eager to move a big salary to meet their $58 million payroll, are trying to deal the two-time MVP—and whether Thomas is willing to be dealt.

As a 10-and-5 player—10 years in the league and five with the same team—Thomas can reject any trade.

Williams wouldn't say whether Thomas had indicated he would be open to a trade under certain circumstances—i.e. if the team that acquired him offered a lucrative extension.

Williams said he hasn't spoken to Thomas about the issue. Asked if Thomas' agent, Arn Tellem, had expressed a willingness to waive the no-trade clause, Williams replied: "I'd like to keep those discussions private."

Although the 35-year-old Thomas posted his best season since 2000 when he hit 42 homers and batted .267 in 2003, the terms of his contract would appear to make him tough to move.

Thomas is owed at least $17.5 million over the next two seasons—$6 million in 2004, an $8 million option in 2005 plus a $3.5 million buyout (or $12 million team option for 2006).

It's unclear whether Thomas wants out after hearing what former teammate Ozzie Guillen said about him Nov. 3, the day he was introduced as manager.

Guillen said, "I hear a lot of negative things about Frank," and "I want him to be great in the clubhouse and play the game the way it's supposed to be played."

As of Wednesday, Guillen had not spoken to Thomas since his hiring. Guillen said he gave up after repeatedly trying to reach Thomas early this week.

Thomas usually maintains a low profile in the off-season, or as a low a profile as one can keep living in Las Vegas.

Tellem has done the same, declining to return phone calls and ignoring an e-mail request for comment Thursday.

So Thomas CAN reject any trade still, I thought he waived his no trade clause when he reworked his contract?

Mayb not in the regular support where u do need run support, but in da postseason Josh Beckett and Andy Pettite dominated and won many playoff games for their respective teams.

We weren't talking about the Yankees or Marlins. We were talking about the Dodgers. They are in desparate need of some offense.

So Thomas CAN reject any trade still, I thought he waived his no trade clause when he reworked his contract?

I was very certain that he had waived his no trade clause, too. In fact, I remember making a mental note of that point. Either this article is incorrect, or earlier ones were.

We weren't talking about the Yankees or Marlins.  We were talking about the Dodgers.  They are in desparate need of some offense.

Hence why they were afta Sexson bf he bolted to Arizona. They definitely need 1 or 2 guys to bolster their lineup, but I wouldn't start dealin from the strength of their linep in pitchin. Gettin rid of Brown will save money and then they can prob go afta a guy like Juan Gonzalez who won't break the bank but could provide some much needed pop in their lineup.

Hence why they were afta Sexson bf he bolted to Arizona. They definitely need 1 or 2 guys to bolster their lineup, but I wouldn't start dealin from the strength of their linep in pitchin. Gettin rid of Brown will save money and then they can prob go afta a guy like Juan Gonzalez who won't break the bank but could provide some much needed pop in their lineup.

Granted, there are other options. But, if you are going to deal, you usually deal from a strength to shore up a weakness.

Granted, there are other options.  But, if you are going to deal, you usually deal from a strength to shore up a weakness.

Well they do hav a great pitcher's park down there in LA, hence why their strength is pitchin. There's no point in payin heaps of money to hitters down there cos they ain't gonna put up gr8 numbers, so u need to put the majority of ur budget into pitchin, but enough into position playa's and hittin so that at least ur pitchers get enough run support.