Weaver for Brown

southsider2k5

Yet another reason to hate the Yankees. Now they have, Brown, Vazquez, Mussina, David Wells, Jon Lieber, and Jose Contreras. These guys right here make about as much as the Sox entire team will next year. Then you add Gordon, Quantrill, Rivera, and Karsay and the Yankees pitching staff will be making much more than the White Sox team.

Yet another reason to hate the Yankees.  Now they have, Brown, Vazquez, Mussina, David Wells, Jon Lieber, and Jose Contreras.  These guys right here make about as much as the Sox entire team will next year.  Then you add Gordon, Quantrill, Rivera, and Karsay and the Yankees pitching staff will be making much more than the White Sox team.

Brown will be hurt for 2/3 of the year, Contreras is overrated, there's no guarantee that Lieber will be the same after the surgery, and Wells is fat and stupid. Sounds like a 2-man rotation to me.

They'd probably win the AL with Mussina and Vazquez going every other game though. :angry:

Goddamn it I hate the Yankees :fyou

When healthy, IMO, Brown has top 3 stuff in all of baseball. When the Sox were going thru their slump (well, one of the many) and the Dodgers were on the schedule, I was sure Brown would no-hit the Sox. Luckily, he was hurt and we didn't have to face him. We'll see how he does in NY. Many have had trouble dealing with all the pressure.

When healthy, IMO, Brown has top 3 stuff in all of baseball.  When the Sox were going thru their slump (well, one of the many) and the Dodgers were on the schedule, I was sure Brown would no-hit the Sox.  Luckily, he was hurt and we didn't have to face him.  We'll see how he does in NY.  Many have had trouble dealing with all the pressure.

Brown will have no trouble dealing with the pressure.

The only way he fails in NY is if he gets injured.

Son of a b**** I hate the Yankees. :angry:

Wow....this deal I guess makes sense economically but the Yanks look like they are doing good since they are trading a guy with a very high salary themselves and the Yanks got pretty much crap in the way of prospects so I can't forsee those guys that the Dodgers got being very good.

Well at least they got 3 mill.

I didn't know the Yankees had any prospects to trade. Their strategy is predictable every year. They sign free agents for way to much money or trade for established high rollers taking big salaries off the hands of other teams or simply buy the players from their teams. It sounds like LA wanted some money and to get rid of Brown's huge contract. He will be lucky to stay healthy long enough to pitch 20-25 starts and Weaver will still be a head case.

New York Media is ripping George and The Yankees a new one over not signing Pettite, so the Yankees are probably praying that this deal goes through smoothly.

So they should. Ol' Steiny was more concerned about fixin his bullpen and signin an old outfielder who's gonna complain instead of resiginin the guy who's been ur best postseason pitcher for many, many years. :lol:

Brown will be hurt for 2/3 of the year, Contreras is overrated, there's no guarantee that Lieber will be the same after the surgery, and Wells is fat and stupid. Sounds like a 2-man rotation to me.

That's not that far off of a prediction. Brown has an arm with a lot of mileage on it that's been surgically repaired, Contreras will be figured out eventually, Lieber may now just be a mediocre starter (if his arm is even ready), and Wells will hurt his back bending over to pick up a bottle cap from a Miller Lite.

That's not that far off of a prediction.  Brown has an arm with a lot of mileage on it that's been surgically repaired, Contreras will be figured out eventually, Lieber may now just be a mediocre starter (if his arm is even ready), and Wells will hurt his back bending over to pick up a bottle cap from a Miller Lite.

and Wells will hurt his back bending over to pick up a bottle cap from a Miller Lite.

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

I don't see this as the Yankees ripping off LA. In fact, I see it the other way around. Now, Brown just may win the AL Cy Young next year, he is capable. But, over the last 4 years he has averaged 10 wins a year at $15million per. I do not find it at all inconceivable that Jeff Weaver wins 10-15 games in each of the next two season, and with cash LA got in the deal, that clears about $18Million from payroll the next two years ... which they can use to add other players. Sounds like Evans actaully made a very good deal to me.

Yas,

I never see Weaver winning more than 14 games a season, and that's with a GOOD offensive club. The Dodgers are more inept at scoring runs than any of his Tiger teams. He'll be lucky to reach double digits in wins on that offensive anti-juggernaut. He couldn't pitch in the fishbowl of New York - wait until the media of "La La Land" gets a hold of him. He's weak mentally, and I don't care how much physical talent he might have, when you're weak mentally, it WILL affect you.

But at least he'll have some "West Coast" Weed to smoke to calm him down.

If the stupid Dodgers would just trade for Konerko, then they could increase their run support by at least .0000000000004 runs per game. :)

Yas,

I never see Weaver winning more than 14 games a season, and that's with a GOOD offensive club.  The Dodgers are more inept at scoring runs than any of his Tiger teams.  He'll be lucky to reach double digits in wins on that offensive anti-juggernaut.  He couldn't pitch in the fishbowl of New York - wait until the media of "La La Land" gets a hold of him.  He's weak mentally, and I don't care how much physical talent he might have, when you're weak mentally, it WILL affect you. 

But at least he'll have some "West Coast" Weed to smoke to calm him down.

If the stupid Dodgers would just trade for Konerko, then they could increase their run support by at least .0000000000004 runs per game.  :)

I was thinking that in that ballpark, he might actually be decent. And if the man gains a little confidence, he just might do well.

I was thinking that in that ballpark, he might actually be decent.  And if the man gains a little confidence, he just might do well.

I actually think he will too YAS. Most ppl forget he wasn't that bad of a pitcher for a really bad ballclub in Detroit and he was leadin that club in wins for a couple of years, hence why the Yanks traded for him. He just ain't a guy who thrives on high pressure situations and bein in da spotlight, and the Dodgers hav a great track record of turnin pitchers into stars down there. It's not out of the question he'll win 10 to 15 games for LA if he gets offensive support.