Flying Under The Radar

Spiff

I thought you might be interested in this Southsider......I guess what you heard was right about Steve Fletcher getting his #77 hung in the rafters. They're doing it on Friday night vs. the Quad City Mallards (Jan 9). I think I might check it out; we're off from school that day for the end of the semester.

Komets.com

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you might be interested in this Southsider......I guess what you heard was right about Steve Fletcher getting his #77 hung in the rafters.  They're doing it on Friday night vs. the Quad City Mallards (Jan 9).  I think I might check it out; we're off from school that day for the end of the semester. 

Komets.com

I don't think I could make it out there in time. :angry: Damn. Oh well hopefully one of these new guys goes out and kicks some ass in honor of Fletch! :headbang

Greasy and Southsider- Are you talking about the FW Komets Hockey team? My uncle lives in FW and we go to a Komets game every year at the Colliseum. Great new facility since the renovations.

Indeed that it is who we're talking about. I'm also in FW; I'm like 5 minutes away from the Coliseum. I love the way it looks now. It's sweet, we just had our holiday HS basketball tourney there this year. We made it to the championship game and lost.. :angry:

Hell of a game on Big Monday (ESPN) right now. Providence and Texas tied at 77 in OT. Texas was up 32-11 early on but Providence came back. They were up 3 with 30 ticks left in regulation but Texas hit a clutch three. Then just now with Texas up 3, Providence nailed a 3 with 3 seconds left.

Wow, are you seeing what the fans are doing?  I do feel bad for Providence in this situation.  I honestly couldn't tell you if I would count that basket or not....The zebras had a tough call on that one.

Insanely close call, with the light and the clock not aligned. If I was the ref, with a call like that I may have disallowed it because it would have meant 5 more minutes they could have settled it that way. But either way people were going to be pissed off.

Insanely close call, with the light and the clock not aligned.  If I was the ref, with a call like that I may have disallowed it because it would have meant 5 more minutes they could have settled it that way.  But either way people were going to be pissed off.

wow that was crazy. They couldn't pay me enough to make that call. And I have seen much clearer calls than that completely screwed up, so I couldn't fault the ref from going one way or the other.

interesting news/rumors from benmaller.com

Several sources confirmed Monday the Bears' interest in Nick Saban but acknowledged the delicate nature regarding the next step, if there is a next step. Until Saban makes it known through intermediaries that he indeed has interest in becoming an NFL head coach, the Bears don't figure to push the issue out of professional courtesy and respect for Saban's recruiting efforts. source

The Bears' coaching search continued to move along on two fronts Monday, with general manager Jerry Angelo meeting with San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator Jim Mora Jr. early in the day and at least one college coach declining a chance to interview later in the week. source

The way I read these two souces it souunds like the bears have an inside track on Saban, with the couchlin hire in NY, and that the one college coach who declined an interview is kirk Ferentz.

Insanely close call, with the light and the clock not aligned.  If I was the ref, with a call like that I may have disallowed it because it would have meant 5 more minutes they could have settled it that way.  But either way people were going to be pissed off.

Isn't the light supposed to be the determining factor on a last second shot?

Isn't the light supposed to be the determining factor on a last second shot?

Saw the last minutes of that game. Unbelievably close call, man the fans were chuckin bottles on the court and givin it to Texas aftawards. But the problem was that the clock and the light were not synchornized, and that shouldn't be the case. Since the rule is the light, the basket was good. But it really shouldn't hav counted if it was workin properly.

Rockets start out with a 23-2 run against the Knicks. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Also, Yao could be one of the more dominant players in the league if he would fight for more rebounds and learn how to pass better out of the double team.