I have the CBA...

Steff

nice nice color

nicer than mine

the bone is exqusite and I am embrassed with my soft beige.

And the font - the font, he must have searched forever for that.  It is is busimness and yet so eloquent and elegenmt.  I have lost this round.  Damn! someone will pay.  Need to switch to a discussion of cabernet before this card thing lingers on - and see my stationer tomorrow.

(are you doing the book or the movie?)

I was quoting the movie. I may have been a little off, it's been awhile since I've seen it. I've heard a lot of good things about the book and plan on reading it this winter. His little talking to himself sessions in the movie are classic.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Ace Ventura said when he saw Ray Finkle's room:

"Obsess......much...."?

You seem to have a vivid recall when it comes to the postings of Steff.

Is it LESS of a cult if you dislike the leader?

I recall alot of things people post here. THe White Sox are one of my biggest interests, so when I read things about them, I tend to remember them, that's all.

BAAAAAHHH !!!

I think you're just scared of me. But anyways, I was just joking too. Some people do get too worked up. If I knew Steff, I would probably be mad too. But I don't know her. Why were you so mad at her in the first place? It seems to me that you are jealous. Just don't pick fights here. Go somewhere else like the mlb boards where you'd fit right in.

The sarcasm was the comment about me asking for a copy of the CBA steff was referring to.  The kicking people's asses part was also sarcastic.  I've said it before & I'll say it again, threats over a message board are absurd, they'll never come to fruition.  And I will say it is rather funny to see how worked up people get.

OH YEA?!?!

:bringit

:lol:

It works for me to believe that everything written here is done in good humor and not meant personally. It can change the whole attitude of the post when you read it thinking that it's done in a jokey, tongue in cheek sort of way.

Also, very important, is to always, "Remember to remember sarcasm".

:bang

That's a great quote, I'll have to remember that one. How you read a post can make all the difference in the world.

I think you're just scared of me. But anyways, I was just joking too. Some people do get too worked up. If I knew Steff, I would probably be mad too. But I don't know her. Why were you so mad at her in the first place? It seems to me that you are jealous. Just don't pick fights here. Go somewhere else like the mlb boards where you'd fit right in.

No, believe me, I'm not scared, but what I said was said in jest. Who do you guys play tomorrow? I went to the Lake Central / Munster game the night before Christmas Eve and that was a good game. I always like taking in a good HS basketball game, so if you're playing someone good, maybe I'll take a ride out there. I'm looking forward to the Lake Central / Roosevelt game. I think it's on February 23. That should be a good one.

I just had an intermural game. lol. I didn't try out for the basketball team because if I made it, it would be to big of a commitment and I like to play ball for fun, not as my life for 6 months. March 1st is the beginning of HS tryouts, and as you might know are unfortunatly very political in Valpo, so I'm hopin for the best. :bringit

I just had an intermural game. lol. I didn't try out for the basketball team because if I made it, it would be to big of a commitment and I like to play ball for fun, not as my life for 6 months. March 1st is the beginning of HS tryouts, and as you might know are unfortunatly very political in Valpo, so I'm hopin for the best.  :bringit

I hear ya'. That sucks about HS athletics. Good luck nonetheless. How is Valpo in hoops this year? I know the top teams in the region seem to be LC, Munster, Wheeler and I think Merr. should be alright now that they've got Lavell Cook back.

I hear ya'. That sucks about HS athletics. Good luck nonetheless. How is Valpo in hoops this year? I know the top teams in the region seem to be LC, Munster, Wheeler and I think Merr. should be alright now that they've got Lavell Cook back.

Valpo boys and girls are both about #3 in the region according to the local papers. Wheeler came out of nowhere this year. And I know, like you said, LC is also very good. Not good since they just moved into the DAC, Valpo's conference. Munster is good too, so you hit it right on the head on the top three teams.

You want directions? Address? Phone number? Email address?

Since I'm under the impression you personally know Kapkomet, directions and phones numbers are greatly appriciated. I hate people who root for the FW Komets, who have lost all 4 times I've went to a game. I could even visit my uncle in Texas when I go down to kick his ass. :whip

Since I'm under the impression you personally know Kapkomet, directions and phones numbers are greatly appriciated. I hate people who root for the FW Komets, who have lost all 4 times I've went to a game. I could even visit my uncle in Texas when I go down to kick his ass.  :whip

So I guess Southsider and I are in that category of being hated also then?

So I guess Southsider and I are in that category of being hated also then?

You're both from Indiana so it's okay. I liked them until they blew a 3 goal 3rd period lead a few years back. But I'm not into hockey a whole lot, so they might be a good team to root for, I don't know.

You're both from Indiana so it's okay. I liked them until they blew a 3 goal 3rd period lead a few years back. But I'm not into hockey a whole lot, so they might be a good team to root for, I don't know.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't call them bad.....They won the UHL Champioship just last season, winning the Colonial Cup! :headbang .....They have a pretty great following in town. They're 18-11 at the moment; w/ a little more momentum, they'll be in first again in the Western Conference.

Steff, for the record, and regardless of what kind of moronic jealousies any posters might have, I always look forward to whatever inside information that you bring to this board. I also am aware that things might not always work out as you "predict" as things are usually not a done deal at that point, and things do change. Please continue giving us the benefit of your proximity to the White Sox and the information you gather. Sincerely, thanks.

Steff, for the record, and regardless of what kind of moronic jealousies any posters might have, I always look forward to whatever inside information that you bring to this board.  I also am aware that things might not always work out as you "predict" as things are usually not a done deal at that point, and things do change.  Please continue giving us the benefit of your proximity to the White Sox and the information you gather.  Sincerely, thanks.

Exactly rite, u r definitely an asset to this board for the great information u r able to share with the rest of us. :D

I was quoting the movie.  I may have been a little off, it's been awhile since I've seen it.  I've heard a lot of good things about the book and plan on reading it this winter.  His little talking to himself sessions in the movie are classic.

I was doing the book, and not quoting but riffing on it - that is one reason it might have made no sense to anyone but then again nothing I write does so what the hell

Kap's little secret is that he is really a hoosier as well... And BTW I would say that I do know him at least fairly well ;)