Ivan Rodriguez and J.Cruz,Jr. on the southside

kruzer31

The Baltimore Orioles have offered Ivan Rodriguez and Jose Cruz Jr.(JCJ) contracts. It looks like the Orioles may get JCJ for under 2mil and I am not sure about IROD but it can not be more then 8mil a year.

After we got Colon KW mentioned that Jerry Reinsdorf is serious about winning a world series, heck, he is closing in on 70 years old. I think getting JCJ at under 2mil is such a steal. He had a down year due to injuries last year, but was a 30-30 man the previous year while hitting from both sides of the plate and playing great D in centerfield. I do not have to talk about Ivan Rodriguez because everyone knows what he would add to this team. I know we need a pitcher but here is my plan for Reinsdorf.

Sign Ivan Rodriguez to a 1 year deal and lace it with incentives. If we might only have Colon for one year, lets go for the whole #### thing this year and give a year to IROD. Put Olivo back down in the minors where he belongs for another year and let Sandy Alomar back up IROD when he needs rest. Go sign Jose Cruz Jr for one year and give him incentives too.....a one year contract for the both of them is not out of the question for us. After obtaining these two players are offense would be stock piled, even if it is only for a year. Take a look....

D.Jimenez

I.Rodriguez

F.Thomas

M.Ordonez

J.Cruz Jr

P.Konerko

C. Lee

J.Valentine

J.Crede

Are you kidding me????? With this lineup, and the addition of Colon to our staff, and Koch and Gordon to the bullpen we should be a cinch for the AL Central. Then, down the stretch, pick up that veteran pitcher for the playoffs. Trade a few prospects to give us another solid pitcher to go in the playoffs with Colon, Buerhle , and Garland. Maybe we trade for Wood down the stretch, or if the Mets flop again we get Al Leiter. I just say things are looking good right now. But adding Irod and JCJ would make us WORLD SERIOUS

Guest hotsoxchick1

get f***in real.. each and every year jr says he is serious about going to the world series.. why should or would you believe it now??? hasnt happened in over .....omg its been that long......geez us..........there is no f***in way i even want either of those two losers here with us... not when we need a pitcher instead of a catcher and a half whit busted up cf......we dont need........foreget about it.. i wouldnt want it to happen.........none of it..........

Guest hotsoxchick1

thank you very much for pointing that out... they dont listen though......lol......if i had it my way we would be shoring up the pen.... but thats just me.. f*** irod..........

get f***in real.. each and every year jr says he is serious about going to the world series.. why should or would you believe it now??? hasnt happened in over .....omg its been that long......geez us..........there is no f***in way i even want either of those two losers here with us... not when we need a pitcher instead of a catcher and a half whit busted up cf......we dont need........foreget about it.. i wouldnt  want it to happen.........none of it..........

Why don't you ever just come out and say how you really feel. :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1

nah that would be too easy.....besides if i said exactly how i feel then every other word would be f*** or s*** or asshole.......or a combo of all ...........lol :D

nah that would be too easy.....besides if i said exactly how i feel then every other word would be f*** or s*** or asshole.......or a combo of all ...........lol :D

i thought it was already that way :lol:

I'd tend to agree --

did you get the UM cd to HSC? I am anxious to see it and very grateful to you - are you coming to SoxFest? I think a ticket for any day can be located....

i thought it was already that way :lol:

I'd tend to agree --

did you get the UM cd to HSC? I am anxious to see it and very grateful to you - are you coming to SoxFest? I think a ticket for any day can be located....

oh crap..you wont believe this..i left the tape in the vcr and my son started recording over it...i stopped at halftime so i now have only the first half..im in touch with the guy i got it from to see if he will send me another copy...i might have to get it to you twice...once for each half..lol..im really sorry...i will atleast have the first half for you by the weekend.. :(

Guest hotsoxchick1

baggs are you going to soxfest? if so then you can come with us if needed......let me know the plans ok... im going on saturday and leaving early enough to meet cw for breakfast and steff there wants to join us for bloody marys too... so give me a call or something.... i work nites tonite and im off tomorrow (thursday).....be home most of the day.....lets get this figured out ok.....................cool...........

To you HOTSOX chick, I realize that we need another pitcher, but the remaining FA out there are BUMS, and for you to call IROD over the hill is insane, he is a future Hall of Famer. Cruz is better then Rowand. So if you rather have Rowand and Olivo....(both bums) starting the season over Cruz and Irod, you are the one in the wrong. You claim that we need another pitcher, which i do agree with you there, but if we do get another pitcher you will just bash him and say he sucks and why feel good about it until we win the world series. Your whole negative attitude when we got Colon makes me sick. By the way, nice mouth, shows alot of class.

Jeff

Guest hotsoxchick1
To you HOTSOX chick, I realize that we need another pitcher, but the remaining FA out there are BUMS, and for you to call IROD over the hill is insane, he is a future Hall of Famer. Cruz is better then Rowand. So if you rather have Rowand and Olivo....(both bums) starting the season over Cruz and Irod, you are the one in the wrong. You claim that we need another pitcher, which i do agree with you there, but if we do get another pitcher you will just bash him and say he sucks and why feel good about it until we win the world series. Your whole negative attitude when we got Colon makes me sick. By the way, nice mouth, shows alot of class.

Jeff

up yours jeffro bodine............first off we dont need a catcher.. im very confident in the one we have in olivo..........second of all .. jcj for cf.. why not just bring back singleton? geez its not like jcj is tearing up the leagues with outstanding numbers... rowand is perfectly capable of doing the job........pitching is our biggest problem.......too many what if's and if we are struck with the injury bug then we are screwed..........there are many reasons for my negative attitude.. if you dont like it screw you then.. i have been a soxfan longer than you have been alive little pup.......when you have been around it as long then youll understand the negativity....if were going to be honestly making a run for anything then the present gm needs to address the worst issues and fix them.. something hes just trying to bandaid over with a mild compress at the present moment, which in turn tells me its more bulls*** and smoke to cover up what is really going on here... pass of a mediocre team to the fans cause they wont know the difference anyhow..... f*** kw and f*** jr for thinking of us that way... and f*** you if you dont like my opinion... i dont really care............ :fyou :bringit

To you HOTSOX chick,   I realize that we need another pitcher, but the remaining FA out there are BUMS, and for you to call IROD over the hill is insane, he is a future Hall of Famer. Cruz is better then Rowand. So if you rather have Rowand and Olivo....(both bums) starting the season over Cruz and Irod, you are the one in the wrong. You claim that we need another pitcher, which i do agree with you there, but if we do get another pitcher you will just bash him and say he sucks and why feel good about it until we win the world series. Your whole negative attitude when we got Colon makes me sick. By the way, nice mouth, shows alot of class.

Jeff

up yours jeffro bodine............first off we dont need a catcher.. im very confident in the one we have in olivo..........second of all .. jcj for cf.. why not just bring back singleton? geez its not like jcj is tearing up the leagues with outstanding numbers... rowand is perfectly capable of doing the job........pitching is our biggest problem.......too many what if's and if we are struck with the injury bug then we are screwed..........there are many reasons for my negative attitude.. if you dont like it screw you then.. i have been a soxfan longer than you have been alive little pup.......when you have been around it as long then youll understand the negativity....if were going to be honestly making a run for anything then the present gm needs to address the worst issues and fix them.. something hes just trying to bandaid over with a mild compress at the present moment, which in turn tells me its more bulls*** and smoke to cover up what is really going on here... pass of a mediocre team to the fans cause they wont know the difference anyhow..... f*** kw and f*** jr for thinking of us that way... and f*** you if you dont like my opinion... i dont really care............ :fyou :bringit

:nono :headbang

when do we all hold hands and sing Kum Bi Ya?

Kenny's an asshole Lord, Kum Bi Ya

Kenny's an asshole Lord, Kum Bi Ya

Kenny' an asshole Lord, Kum Bi Ya,

Get rid of him, Kum Bi Ya.

We need a pitcher Lord, Kum Bi Ya,

We need a pitcher Lord, Kum Bi Ya

a good lefty reliever Lord, Kum Bi Ya,

whose signed for the next 10 years.

Make Carlos catch the ball, Kum Bi Ya,

make Sandy's knees hold up, Kum Bi Ya,

let Mark win 30, Lord, Kum Bi Ya,

and shove it up KW's ass.

Real classy, really classy. You disgust me with your language and for your info, looks like Rowand wont be ready by spring training. He is a BUM. You like Olivo and Rowand, but do not like Colon. Typical woman fan who thinks she knows baseball.

Uhh....kruzer....I'd delete that post if I were you. HSC knows her stuff....and she knows how to judge talent when she sees it. I'll take her word before yours....and when she's high on a player, they will probably be good. I think Olivo will probably be good.....and even he flops offensively, he's still got good defense and a great arm....and he's quick and fast....so when he does get hits, he can steal a base and get into scoring position....plus he brings 10-20 homer potential to the plate as well

Olivo's good....and I think you'll like him. I haven't seen him play yet, but I think I will like him.

As for Rowand....I think you'll be surprised by him. He's a gritty player that will play good defense with a good arm in the field and I think he'll probably hit .280 or so with 15 homers, 65 RBIs and 15-20 SBs with some pretty good bunts in there as well. He's better than anything we have for CF right now.

The Sox have about another $3 mill to spend at most....you think we're going to get IRod at $3 mill? I don't think so...I'd have to agree in the fact that if we add anything more to the team that it should and will be pitching. You can never have enough pitching. Ever.

Real classy, really classy. You disgust me with your language and for your info, looks like Rowand wont be ready by spring training. He is a BUM. You like Olivo and Rowand, but do not like Colon. Typical woman fan who thinks she knows baseball.

hey she is very well respected here and that was not called for. you are basically new here and have to earn your respect. she is know her baseball and regardless of her being a women.

chill and peace.