Borchard on the BA Prospect List

aboz56

I am guessing they will try to save face a little (they being BA) and I think they will put him second, only behind Jeremy Reed.

Interesting, I say he's behind Reed, Cotts (if they list him) and Honel for sure. There's others who could possibly be ahead, but it'll surely be interesting to see the list.

It's definitely a big season for Joe. If he doesn't hav a good 1 down at AAA, then most of his trade value will be lost, and guys like Sweeney and Brian Anderson will hav more of a chance makin this team then he will. Still I think he'll succeed eventually, if he can cut down the K's and develop and shorter swing.

He'll definitely be behind Reed, probably behind Honel, maybe behind Cotts, Pacheco and Anderson. Honel has been good on every level and is younger, that's why I'm guessing he'll be ahead of Joe. As for Cotts, his miserable showing in the majors last year probably has dropped his stock. Pacheco's excellent season probably raised his, and Anderson was very good in rookie ball as well. It probably doesn't help Borchard that his stats slipped from 2002 even though the majority of both seasons were spent in Charlotte.

The sox list should be out later this week or early next week.

Here is my top 10 prediction:

1. Jeremy Reed.

2. Kris Honel

3. Neal Cotts

4. felix diaz

5. Ryan Wing

6. Brian Anderson

7. Chris Young

8. Enemencio Pacheco

9. Robert Valido

10. Ruddy Yan

Just a feeling they will ignore Borchard (too many big league at bats) and Rauch.

the fact that he is still a prospect already shows failure...he needs to be given the CF job out of ST and he either sinks or swims...its time joe...the guy he was compared in the draft , adam dunn and has been homering at a sick pace for the past two seasons in cincy and is a year younger than joe...he is gonna start running out of chances soon

The sox list should be out later this week or early next week.

Here is my top 10 prediction:

1. Jeremy Reed.

2. Kris Honel

3. Neal Cotts

4. felix diaz

5. Ryan Wing

6. Brian Anderson

7. Chris Young

8. Enemencio Pacheco

9. Robert Valido

10.  Ruddy Yan

Just a feeling they will ignore Borchard (too many big league at bats) and Rauch.

Where's Sweeney? Why do you have yan on your list(even though he's young, he had a terrible season.) here's my list: (1-3 is probably the best 4-10 IMO)

I love youth so I put this list of YOUNGER players who were amazing this year.

1.Reed(of course :) )

2.Cotts(even though he didn't do well in the majors, he had a great minor league season)

3.Honel(2nd favorite player in the minor league system)

4.Sweeney(younger than anderson he has a better shot of staying the the bigs longer)

5.Wing (most underated pitcher in the system)

6.Valido(high upside,very talented)

7.Anderson(love his raw power and excellent speed...then again..hopefully he dosent turn out like borchard)

8.Fabio Castro (a stud going to be only 19yrs old!)

9.McCarthy(love his SO/WK ratio)

10.Munoz (alot of ppl forget this guy only 21 lefty had a great season in winter ball last year. already in AAA.)

Notables: Diaz, Pacheco, Young, Tish(sp?) etc.. (didn't make the list cause theyre just alittle older and didn't have as well of seasons as the others.

Borchard and Rauch wouldn't be on my list anywayz :P

I don't believe any player should be given a job unless they earn it, especially a guy like Borchard who does not have recent minor league success on his side.

That said, I wonder how much he can gain by being in AAA. I don't know. Maybe he's one of those guys who rises to the occasion and does better in the majors than in the minors. It's a rare occurance but it does happen.

He needs to prove it in spring training, big bonus notwithstanding.

Here's my list, although it probably won't resemble BA's list:

1) Kris Honel

2) Jeremy Reed

3) Neal Cotts

4) Felix Diaz

5) Brian Anderson

6) Ryan Wing

7) Joe Borchard

8) Ryan Sweeney

9) Enemencio Pachecho

10) Ricardo Nanita

If possible, I'd like to see Cerbaho-WG, Jas and Rex's top 10 lists if you guys get a chance.

munoz is an oversight on my part.

He'll be in the Top 10.

Chris Young is a 20-year-old outfielder from Houston.

Played well at Bristol last summer.

hit .290 with a .357 on base percentage. decent power 18 doubles and 7 Hrs in 238 at bats. Also stole 21 of 28 bases.

6-1, 170, so you figure he will fill out.

A big year for him as he makes the jump to full season low a ball at Kannapolis

you have to figure he's three years away.

With Young, Sweeney, Anderson, Nanita, Reed, Borchard Spidale and Brice, you have to hope the Sox can develop a solid pair of outfielders from that group in the next three years.

I'll take a stab at it with the disclaimer that this is off the top of my head and I may miss someone........

1. Jeremy Reed

2. Kris Honel

3. Brian Anderson

4. Neal Cotts

5. Ryan Wing

6. Joe Borchard

7. Arnie Munoz

8. Ryan Sweeney

9. Jon Rauch

10. Ricardo Nanita

Let's keep going.....

11. Ruddy Yan

12. Enemencio Pacheco

13. Robert Valido

14. Orionny Lopez

15. Chris Young

Others considered (in no particular order):

Felix Diaz

Fabio Castro

Rick Hummel

Ryan Meaux

Josh Fields

Byeong An

Jeff Bajenaru

Jason Stumm

Scott Bikowski

Andy Gonzalez

Did I miss anyone?

I'll take a stab at it with the disclaimer that this is off the top of my head and I may miss someone........

1. Jeremy Reed

2. Kris Honel

3. Brian Anderson

4. Neal Cotts

5. Ryan Wing

6. Joe Borchard

7. Arnie Munoz

8. Ryan Sweeney

9. Jon Rauch

10. Ricardo Nanita

Let's keep going.....

11. Ruddy Yan

12. Enemencio Pacheco

13. Robert Valido

14. Orionny Lopez

15. Chris Young

Others considered (in no particular order):

Felix Diaz

Fabio Castro

Rick Hummel

Ryan Meaux

Josh Fields

Byeong An

Jeff Bajenaru

Jason Stumm

Scott Bikowski

Andy Gonzalez

Did I miss anyone?

Pretty good list rite there. Personally I think Diaz should be in the top 15 instead of Lopez and Pacheco should be in da top 10 afta his season at Birmingham.

Dbaho, I agree Pacheco should be in the Top 10. I just don't think he will get the respect he deserves since he wasn't a bonus baby, a high draft choice, one of BA's chosen ones and this was the first year he pitched real well. In my mind, Pacheco would be somewhere in the 5-7 range, I just don't think BA will give him those props.

I didn't include Diaz due to a combination of age and unfulfilled potential to this point. The same could be said for Rauch and even Borchard, but I chose to include them because of their former status as BA's favorite sons. Kind of like a high draft pick will get more changes with a club than a guy who signed as a free agent, I think BA will hang on to Rauch and Borchard one more year. I certainly would not be surprised if Diaz makes the list.

A couple of guys that I left off are Brandon McCarthy, Todd Deininger and Micah Schnurstein. Daniel Haigwood and Ryan Rodriguez would have also been considered had they not been injured last year.

Part of the reason I left those guys off, are that BA usually doesn't dip too far into the rookie leagues unless a guy was a 1st or 2nd round pick. Nanita may be a stretch for the list, but he did so well, that I took a shot. There obviously is some strength in the lower levels for the Sox. Let's hope it holds together.