Aussie Open

DBAHO

If Federer plays at even 90%, Hewitt, a very good player in his own right, should forfeit the match.    He is that good.

If Safin plays like he did against Pete in 2000 USO final,  he will beat Roddick.  Which is to say he has 1 in 5 chance of winning.

Federer is easily da most talented playa in da world, it just depends if he brings his "A" game or not. Hewitt has an 8-2 head to head record advantage ova him though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brando or Dabby or someone else who knows something about tennis....help me real quick

Who was the guy who Agassi came back from a 2 set deficit to win the French Open and complete the career grand slam?

The guy's name is on the tip of my tongue, and I can't spit it out.

Who was the guy who Agassi came back from a 2 set deficit to win the French Open and complete the career grand slam?

He first came back from a big deficit (including match point) in the 1999 FO quarters against Carlos Moya who won the 1998 FO.

But the guy you are thinking of is a Ukranian Andrei Medvedev who had Agassi down 0-2 (2-6, 1-6) in the '99 FO Fina before Andre stormed back....Amiable, fluent English-speaking, WTO player-dating Medvedev had a Top 10 talent and was at one point ranked as high as 4th or 5th, but at the end he comes from a long line of late 90's Soviet under-achivers- Safin, Kafelnikov are in the club as well.

Tennis is an awesome game, a true SPORT (which is more than you could say for golf). Especially to play.....with awkwardly coordinated girls, the hotter the better. :headbang

He first came back from a big deficit  (including match point) in the 1999 FO quarters against Carlos Moya who won the 1998 FO.

But the guy you are thinking of is a Ukranian Andrei Medvedev who had Agassi down 0-2 (2-6, 1-6) in the '99 FO Fina before Andre stormed back....Amiable, fluent English-speaking, WTO player-dating Medvedev had a Top 10 talent and was at one point ranked as high as 4th or 5th, but at the end he comes from a long line of late 90's Soviet under-achivers-  Safin, Kafelnikov are in the club as well.

Tennis is an awesome game, a true SPORT (which is more than you could say for golf).  Especially to play.....with awkwardly coordinated girls, the hotter the better.    :headbang

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Thank you....I knew it was some kind of last name like that, couldn't think of it.

I do agree, I like watching tennis a lot more then golf. It's not my favorite sport in the world, hell, it's not even close, but it is fun to watch at times.

I do agree, I like watching tennis a lot more then golf. It's not my favorite sport in the world, hell, it's not even close, but it is fun to watch at times

Hey, I realize it's tough to stay interested in the drama if you didn't grow up on the game and are not emotionally invested in invidual player's personalities. (Hell I couldn't give a s*** about women's tennis when I was 10 but Gabby Sabatini was all kinds of hot! lol my future wife, lol).........There are 3 players I would watch-- Agassi, Federer and Safin-- other than that I'd rather play the game myself or do something else.

Then again, if I could learn to love a COMPLTELY foreign game, baseball, so can you tennis some day.... :lolhitting

Ppl down here r pretty shellshocked that both Hewitt and Phillipousis r out now, but I couldn't be happier, not a fan of either especially Hewitt. Federer has to play Nalbadian next and I really think Federer could lose this 1. And Roddick vs Safin is on tonite on centre court.

Ppl down here r pretty shellshocked that both Hewitt and Phillipousis r out now, but I couldn't be happier, not a fan of either especially Hewitt. Federer has to play Nalbadian next and I really think Federer could lose this 1. And Roddick vs Safin is on tonite on centre court.

Tennis fans gotta be happy: Quarters got Roddick, Federer, Agassi, Safin, Nabaldian, Ferrero, Grosjean-- 7 of the 8 best players on this surface.

The only guy who let people down was Hewitt whose place is taken by a pretender Arazi.

AO is known for pretenders making it to semis and finals, but this year is shaping up to be pretty special.

Pulled groin will do that, he was getting outplayed anyway.  Agassi sure does hit the corners damn good, and he can match anyones power if he needs to.

Once again, lack of winners for Agassi bothers me. He kept his unforced errors in check, so that's good news, but against Roddick and Federer, he will need to hit winners and return like crazy (especially 2nd serves) all day long or they will pummel him.

All that "controlling the tempo" bulls*** is not gonna work because Roddick and Federer have powerful serves which should net them tons of easy points AND can hit winners from ANY point in the court.

The only way to beat them is to match their power while commiting less errors and converting more break-point opportunities. Near-flawless tennis in other words. Easier said than done.

Mr. Mandy Moore is OUT!!

Lost a 5-setter to Safin. 

Good.

Absolutely unbelievable match. Roddick didn't play badly at all, but Safin just played out of his mind, gettin everythin back and more. I don't think he'll hav enough left for Agassi though, and I think he even realised that when he was talkin to John McEnroe aftawards.

Absolutely unbelievable match. Roddick didn't play badly at all, but Safin just played out of his mind, gettin everythin back and more. I don't think he'll hav enough left for Agassi though, and I think he even realised that when he was talkin to John McEnroe aftawards.

From your mouth to God's ears.

Safin playing his A game is too much for Agassi.

Low 1st service %.....check

Being out-winnered by a large margin.....check

s***ty 2nd serve returns.....check

Medioce back-hander.....check

Failure to convert big break/set points on your own serve....check

All the dominance against lesser opponents is meaningless if you can't bring the

A-game against the big boys.

%*#&!

Low 1st service %.....check

Being out-winnered by a large margin.....check

s***ty 2nd serve returns.....check

Medioce back-hander.....check

Failure to convert big break/set points on your own serve....check

All the dominance against lesser opponents is meaningless if you can't bring the

A-game against the big boys. 

%*#&!

Pretty entertaining comeback though. I'm tennis ignorant, why is Safin unseeded, wasn't he really good 3 yrs ago?

Pretty entertaining comeback though.  I'm tennis ignorant, why is Safin unseeded, wasn't he really good 3 yrs ago?

Agassi did not bring his A game and yet he was literally within a couple of points on his serve in the first 2 sets from going to the final. When you fall behind by 2 sets, it very hard to pull off a comeback against a tough player playing his best. Andre should only blame himself for choking.

Safin is an enigma. His own worst enemy, real anger issues-- and in tennis when you get angry, you lose. Still, he was a 2000 USO champ and a former #1. Talent-wise, he is only a notch below Federer, probably the most gifted player Russia ever produced and that includes his fellow top 3 talent underachiver Kefelnikov.

If he can beat Federer on Sunday, that would very impressive considering Safin just recovered from wrist surgery,

BILF won over Clisters in 3 sets.  Her first AO title. Second slam in a row.

She is Michael Chang of WTA, tremendeous heart.

Will Kim eva win a Grand Slam? Hard to say, she certainly should but 3 losses out of 3 in grans slam finals ain't gonna be good for her confidence. Federer vs Safin starts any minute now, I think Federer will win in 4 sets.

Will Kim eva win a Grand Slam? Hard to say, she certainly should but 3 losses out of 3 in grans slam finals ain't gonna be good for her confidence. Federer vs Safin starts any minute now, I think Federer will win in 4 sets.

I'm going to go with five sets here with Federer winning.