Late Move suprises for SoxFest

Guest wsc425

wsc425:  I try not to get into it with other fans, but I refuse to sit by & let it go when someone like you slams a White Sox player.

Your comment "piece of crap Rowand" was totally uncalled for as far as I'm concerned.  Exactly what provoked you to make such a remark?

Then it looks like you turned around a post or 2 later & said "I like him in CF too".  Weren't you speaking about Aaron Rowand then too?

Regardless, I will no longer give credibility to anything you say.

Aaron does tend to be too agressive for his own good at times & should have known better to be dirtbiking if he valued his major league career.  I guess that's just part of his gung ho personality.  Aaron has probably learned his lesson about being more careful in the off season.  I'm hopin' he will be ok & "Ready to Play" come Spring Training.

Aaron Rowand may not be one of the better centerfielders in baseball yet or ever, but he doesn't deserve to be called "piece of crap" either.

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING????

hey awesomefan, how are you doing, long time no see. :headbang

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arron Rowland is a terrible CF, he is no better than a 5th OF

we need to upgrade in 2003

I'd take him in CF....he is a very gritty ballplayer....kind of like a mini-Darin Erstad, though he bats RH. He plays solid defense, but not as good defense as Erstad....he won't get to all the balls that Erstad gets to, but he still hustles his ass off...so does Erstad. Both have very good arms, both are contact hitters, both will hit about 20 homers and steal about 20 bases, both will hit about .280-.300, both will make the bunts they need to....they are pretty similar players in my mind.

5th outfielder my ass....at worst, he is a 4th outfielder....guys like Jeff Liefer and Armando Rios are 5th outfielders...guys that are versatile....can play atleast 1B as well. Rowand is better than most people think and make him out to be....I think he'll be a pretty good ballplayer in the end.

Rowand is a very gritty player....he hustles at all times....have you ever watched him play? The Aaron Rowand I saw at the end of last year hit .280 with decent power and speed in August and September while making the routine plays and some tough plays while making smart throws and doing whatever it takes for the team to win.

I never said Rowand was or ever will be as good as Darin Erstad....but rather, a mini-Erstad. Both hustle, both play good defense, both have good arms, both are contact hitters who don't walk a lot, both have decent power, both have decent speed, both can bunt well....those are the kind of ballplayers it takes to win. You need a guy like that on your team to help you win ball games....a hustle type ballplayer who actually does give 110% every time he puts on the uniform and glove and steps onto the baseball field.

Did you even read my post the first time, because this one sounds a lot like it. If you would just watch Rowand, maybe you'd figure it out that he does in fact hustle like that....he'll be a decent CFer for us.

I watched him play and he in NOT a starting CF on a playoff caliber team , he hustles so what he should be a bench player at best on this team. He is fine if you are the Royals, Tigers.....etc

as a starter. I guess I agree to disagree on Rowand with you :huh: