Blacks

BrandoFan

Is it due to  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is it due to

• Socio-economic condition
    • Natural advantage
    • What 'dominance'?

Maybe Blacks have developed the ability to analyze the situation and make the decision (and command to the body to move earlier which helps the rynning back "bounce")  faster due to the unforgiving nature of dangerous African wildlife. 

:lolhitting

Even if that was true nobody would ever admit it.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say right now the NHL is at about 60-40 North American. Pretty soon Euperopeans will take over though.

What makes you think that? I think North America is finally moving forward after a long period of moving sideways. Furthermore with the emergence of roller hockey in California and the game reaching audiences it hasn't ever tapped in the U.S. I think the gap of Whites to others will bridge, a hell of a lot more.

In my sport and modern society we covered this pretty in depth. Most of it does stem from the socio economic background of people. But then taking a look at the positions they dominate especially in a sport like football people point out the fact that blacks are mainly RBs, WRs, and DBs and not at the QB position although that is changing. When you see a white RB like brock forsey or white DB like sehorn it isnt the trend so I think people just accept the fact that there maybe be inherent genetics involved in all of this.

Even if that was true nobody would ever admit it

It was a wild (pardon the pun) speculation badly phrased. Ultimately, noone knows.

But I watch Gale Sayers on tape and he sees the field and makes decisions so much faster like a chess player being ahead a few moves of his opponent

What makes you think that?  I think North America is finally moving forward after a long period of moving sideways.  Furthermore with the emergence of roller hockey in California and the game reaching audiences it hasn't ever tapped in the U.S. I think the gap of Whites to others will bridge, a hell of a lot more.

If anything, it's the NBA that will ave an infusion of Europenas, Africans, Asians, Latinos in the upcoming decades.

Off the top of my head this is what I got

Anson Carter-Caps

Geroge LaRaque-Oilers

Donald Brasher-Flyers

Mike Greere-I dont even know where is now

Kevin Weeks-Canes

Freddy Brathwieght-Blue Jackets

Peter Worrell-Av's

Jarome Igilina-Flames

And I know Detriot has some rookie who is black. Thats what I got right now off the top of my head.

Canada's world Jr. team this year had three black guys which has to be the most in history.

There is less than 10 black people in the NHL.  Why is that? We could have a debate on that too. I think that is because they don't have ice in the South.

This has to be one of the most backwards ass comments I have read in a while. In the United States there are black populations in the North as well as the South. This isn't the 1850's.

Also, I don't think it is a mass decision. I think people in general do what they enjoy. Perhaps the majority of blacks enjoy playing different sports than hockey?

Also, I don't think there is any particular reason that there is a large population of black athletes. Maybe they work harder or maybe they are more interested in sports than their counterparts. Also, I don't think that the black to white or other race population is as skewed as you may think. I really just think this topic is made to be a simple answer when there isn't really a simple answer to it. Just my 2 cents.

Black people tend to be taller and bigger than white people who tend to be taller and bigger than asian people. Sports like basketball and football, where such traits are advantageous, will have more black people than white people than asian people.

Sports which require a lot of money (or space) for facilities -like hockey, golf, and tennis- will not have as much membership from minorities like blacks or latinos because generally they come from lower socioeconomic levels.

Like I said earlier, How many Black Canadians do you know??

We're a little over 2% black, I do believe, I heard the U.S. is 15% but I don't know, but another factor discourages blacks in Canada and is a problem country wide. There are about 4000 indoor rinks in Canada, with the vast majority being rural, community hubs, the cities (where the largers concentrations of minorities tend to be found, have far less facilities per capita and therefore way less icetime/opportunity. If you check the kids playing Jr. hockey, you notice a surprizing rural representation.

Blacks of West African ancestry have smaller chest cavities, greater body density, heavier bone mass, longer arm span, less subcutaneous fat on arms and legs, faster patellar tendon reflex, a higher percentage of fast-twitch muscles, more anaerobic enzymes (which can translate into more explosive energy), and higher levels of plasma testosterone.

Taken from Entine's Taboo article.

I think the patellar tendon reflex thing is very important for running and jumping but I'm no physiologist.

So treat it as any other topic.

Post your thoughts, ideas, objections, etc.

Something that hasn't been mentioned is two-fold, heroes and opportunity. We know there aren't a lot of black hockey players and tennis players and golfers, skiiers, ect... but there wasn't many heroes for these new kids growing up, using hockey again as an example, it's almost impossible to find a black hockey player in the NHL today who doesn't credit a Grant Fuhr or the like as his hero. Tiger Woods is doing the like. The second is opportunity, since these sports are only now reaching more kids, the kids are participating in sports that their parents never were introduced too, as a result these parents aren't part of the all too prevalent politics of youth sport that deny so many gifetd athelete's the chance they deserve to really excell at their sport. For example I coached hockey on the Native reserve 45 minutes out of town and those kids were excellent atheletes and great skaters. They were more creative as a result of not being over coached on systems(designed to prevent scoring as opposed to create it), and had skated on ponds and with friends more then travel to games and go to organized practice. However their major downfall was a real lack of opportunity, where to take that game further? The could hope to move off the reserve to join a team(same wicked politics apply), or they could hope to develop at home with other kids of varying degrees of ability stunting their progress. We played a team that wouldn't shake our hands after the game(putting their hands inside their jerseys) the coach was eventually banned from youth hockey after I complained, but the kids often used their situation as a crutch, when we were playing poorly, blaming "The White Ref" when it was their own poor play no racism involved. In summary to this already long post, the thing I hoped to instill in all of those kids is that there are opportunities available and they needed to stop at nothing to realize them. Certainly easier said then done.

From what I can recall, I believe the Capitals have 2 black players, Carter and maybe it is Greere, I'm not sure. I saw a Caps-Flyers game the other night and saw Carter and then saw another too.

As for the topic at hand, I personally think it is a natural advantage. I'm not sure why, but you really do not see a lot of big, huge, white guys, and for some reason, black men do seem to be quicker.

But I noticed something watching Philadelphia take on Carolina in the NFC Championship game. Now, I do not intend to offend anyone who is black that is on these boards, but has anyone realized that only like 1 black QB has ever won the Superbowl? And that all the black QBs nowadays seems to want to run more then pass, or that when they pass, their passes are worse? It just seems that black QBs do not have the great pocket presence that many other white QBs do.

Maybe it isn't natural advantage. Maybe they just work their asses off and have a better work ethic because it has been inherited from years of slavery, where all they could do was work. I've just always thought that maybe that was passed on somehow in the genes and that because of that, blacks have better work ethics, and due to that, they get stronger faster, have gotten faster in speed faster, et all.

Who knows?

You have to remember that for 400 years, blacks were selectively bred in this country to produce bigger, stronger slaves. That would tend to put the cream of the crop for athletic genes into a broadbased group that has since gone on to reproduce several generations. That, in itself, would account for part of the reason for the athleticsm of taday'd African-Americans.

And I'm sorry if this post offends anybody, but I am just stating a fact that hasn't been mentioned yet. Of course, Jimmy the Greek Snyder got fired from CBS for saying almost the very same thing.

Why are there so few white rappers? Is it the muscles in the jaw not forming rymes fast enough? Perhaps their brains are not wired properly for the stress of rapping.

I noticed there aren't too many native American tennis players.

I also noticed there aren't too many Asians on the rodeo circuit.

I also noticed there aren't too many northerns on the pro bass circuit, or southerners on the walleye trail.

I noticed there aren't a lot of red heads on the X-games or fat gymnasts.

I noticed a lot of Nobel Prize winners had their Doctorates, not a lot dropped out in the 5th grade.

I noticed a lot of people in South America speak spanish, but not a lot of people in Sweden speak spanish.

In the end, I blame it on white bread, mayonaise, and baloney. White people are the only ones to eat the stuff and I see a lot of baloney in this thread.

Why are there so few white rappers? Is it the muscles in the jaw not forming rymes fast enough? Perhaps their brains are not wired properly for the stress of rapping.

I noticed there aren't too many native American tennis players.

I also noticed there aren't too many Asians on the rodeo circuit.

I also noticed there aren't too many northerns on the pro bass circuit, or southerners on the walleye trail.

I noticed there aren't a lot of red heads on the X-games or fat gymnasts.

I noticed a lot of Nobel Prize winners had their Doctorates, not a lot dropped out in the 5th grade.

I noticed a lot of people in South America speak spanish, but not a lot of people in Sweden speak spanish.

In the end, I blame it on white bread, mayonaise, and baloney. White people are the only ones to eat the stuff and I see a lot of baloney in this thread.

:lol: :headbang :notworthy :drink :cheers

lets not forget all those uber athletes like Strom Thurmond breeding themselves into the DNA to make Jimmy the Greek's racial theories even more valid

Actually there are alot of white rappers in the world. They might be just underground rappers who eigher want to stay that way (not be famous), or trying to make it to the top (famous like Eminem.) It's just that few record producers don't give them the chance to prove themselves cause of their skin color. (they say cause they are not that good but I dont believe that. ;)) Hell, I've even seen some underground bands who have some black guys who are pretty good. But does that mean there are very few of them? I don't believe so.

But I noticed something watching Philadelphia take on Carolina in the NFC Championship game. Now, I do not intend to offend anyone who is black that is on these boards, but has anyone realized that only like 1 black QB has ever won the Superbowl?

Culpepper, Vick, McNair, McNabb are gonna win a ring or two before it's all said and done. Might actually have a league MVP each.

Hell, even worthless Cordel Stewart made it to the AFC.