Kirk Fricken Hinrich

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heinrich will be a 17pt, 10as, 2stl, 4reb, good defense player....... once he learns the league, starts "getting" the art of coming off screens and knocking that mid-range jumper, gets on some serious endurance bulding-program during the opff-season AND gets some players around him who can actually make an uncontested lay-up once in a while.

gets on some serious endurance bulding-program

He has arguably the best endurance of anyone in the league... Ask Wsoxshuf, That kid never came off the floor last year for Kansas. I don't watch the bulls much, so I can't tell what damage cartwright and Skiles have done to him, but prior to coming to the bulls, the only thing scouts were really high on this kid about WAS his conditioning.

He has arguably the best endurance of anyone in the league... Ask Wsoxshuf, That kid never came off the floor last year for Kansas.  I don't watch the bulls much, so I can't tell what damage cartwright and Skiles have done to him, but prior to coming to the bulls, the only thing scouts were really high on this kid about WAS his conditioning.

From the Bulls games I've seen he is OUT of breath by the end of 1Q, has to be rested. Then gets another rest during half time. Finally, completely slows down at the beginning of the 4th Q to the point where he doesn't even bother beating people off the dribble, splitting double teams, cut to the basket, etc and instead just passes the ball around along the arc line, with next to no foot work. Contrast it to the 1st Q and it's startling.

I don't know what he did in Kansas, but when they say he's hit the wall, they ain't kidding. Of course when you compare him to Chandler and Curry, he may may indeed have good ensurance, but compared to star points and shooting guards around the league, the dude barely cuts it as far as conditioning IMO. It's expected.

He's only what 22? He'll have a chance to get better. Now he's basically a

1st/3rdQ player.

If he stays healthy, he'll be an All-Star, mark my words. Maybe not in Jason Kidd's league, but still pretty damn good. IMO.

The touch pass to Jamal for the wide open Trifecta in the first half was a thing of beauty.  I can't wait until the NBA refs start respecting this guy for the D he plays, and stops dinging him with the BS calls.

What about the fouls they don't call on HIM? He averaging like a free throw per game or something like that. :bang

From the start I have believed Kirk could make it in the pros. Most Chicago fans laughed at me, and said oh boy another white bust. Kirk is easily the most talented on the Bulls, and I hope he continues to work well with Jamal(though i think hes gone). Kirk and Eddy could be a lethal combo for years to come. Yes, he was like a f***in machine at KU, he moves so quickly and has the fastest feet. Jay Williams was a s***ty player, thank god we have Kirk.

Two more things

1. Hey f***ERS his name is Hinrich, not Heinrich

2. Rock Chalk Jayhawk, this is a tough year to swallow so far.

I am a classicalist when it comes to basketball.  Lets talk about the D and passing.  The rest takes care of itself.

Heinrich is a good passer, but he will be much better in the right system/once he learns the league. It's hard expect a 22-yo ROOKIE who plays 30 minutes a game and has miserable shooters who can't make a lay-up to average more than 6-7 assists per game.

His defense is above average for sure, and once he adjusts the league and referees start respecting him, it would be WELL above average IMO.

Over at BSI, they were talking about thre being "no proof" that KH is better defensively than Jamal Crawford.... :unsure:

The dude can already shoot a Three.

But his 4th Q fitness, his free-throws and his clearing-off-a-screen-and-knocking-down-a-FG skills are woefully lacking at this point.

Heinrich is one of the better players on this Bulls team. BUT he is FAR from a finished product-- you can see flashes of an All-Star players, but then he makes an eye-rolling rookie blunder. Hopefully he has enough work ethic. By 2005-2006, you'll see what I am talking about, he'll be good..

Over at BSI, they were talking about thre being "no proof" that KH is better defensively than Jamal Crawford.... :unsure:

The rest of this is good and stuff that I basically agree with, but WHO THE f*** thinks Jamal is better defensively than Kirk? Crawford doesn't play ANY defense how can he be better at it? That lazy ass takes off so many plays, why do they think Skiles benches his ass for long stretches at least once a week? I would think if it was just the bad shots, Jamal would play 40 minutes every night. But combine the bad shots with ole defense, and that is why there are nights when Jamal sits for the whole second half of a game.

Wow that is a guy I want playing in my NCAA pools, because I am taking their money. ;)

Kirk is easily the most talented on the Bulls, and I hope he continues to work well with Jamal(though i think hes gone). Kirk and Eddy could be a lethal combo for years to come. Yes, he was like a f***in machine at KU, he moves so quickly and has the fastest feet. Jay Williams was a s***ty player, thank god we have Kirk.

What are you talking about, Heinrich isn't even in the TOP 4 on the Bulls as far as pure physical talent.

1. Eddie.

2. Jamal

3. E-Rob

4. Tyson

5. Kirk

But, I have a feeling, ke will up being one of the two best or perhaps even the best of the above bunch.

And as far as his quickness....Please, stop yourself. Even considering Heinrich gets tired by the 4th Q, he still doesn't have the first step quickness of Jamal, Jarmaine OR E-Rob.

But he is till quicker and bigger than HOF'er Stockton. Not a bad comparison, eh?

That lazy ass takes off so many plays, why do they think Skiles benches his ass for long stretches at least once a week? I would think if it was just the bad shots, Jamal would play 40 minutes every night. But combine the bad shots with ole defense, and that is why there are nights when Jamal sits for the whole second half of a game.

Wow that is a guy I want playing in my NCAA pools, because I am taking their money

I think the guy's moniker is "Maurice" or something. I was a while ago.

I was amazed at how f***ing ridiculous it sounded.

You don't just hold Steve Francis to 8 points and 5 assists/6 turnovers on the ROAD without being at least solid defensively.

:headshake